Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Well dang, that makes the fight a joke then. Could probably be guardian and just pop Berserk or Incarnation just before he fully freezes and be fine.

Razorgore changes that I noticed.

1. Cooldown on Break Egg was reduced to 0.5 seconds, same cast time I think.
    2. Razorgore can hibernate multiple dragonkin.
    3. The debuff for starting a channel wears off after 10 or so seconds, versus the original 40-ish.
    4. Getting hit while channeling no longer reduces the channel by 15% or so. Think it's only 0.5. seconds every few hits.
    If it's 15 in 15 seconds, unbuffed cat melee swing speed would cover that on its own. Fill in with abilities and it should be a joke.

Razorgore stuff:
    2: Not sure what this means. It's always been able to sleep multiple ones, just the CD is about 1/3rd of the duration so you can only have around 3 at a time. Was the CD reduced/duration increased?
    4: Has been in effect since 5.0 launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    If it's 15 in 15 seconds, unbuffed cat melee swing speed would cover that on its own. Fill in with abilities and it should be a joke.
    True, but may as well end the fight with a bang.
    Razorgore stuff:
    2: Not sure what this means. It's always been able to sleep multiple ones, just the CD is about 1/3rd of the duration so you can only have around 3 at a time. Was the CD reduced/duration increased?
    4: Has been in effect since 5.0 launched.
    2. I never really used the hibernate feature before since I normally ran with 2-3 people. I think the CD is about 6 seconds now.
    4. Didn't know that. Haven't run BWL since the coin-in-raid nerf.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-11-30 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Razorgore stuff:
    Are you completely sure about this? I mean to have seen him only being able to hibernate one at a time.

Well dang, that makes the fight a joke then. Could probably be guardian and just pop Berserk or Incarnation just before he fully freezes and be fine.
    Yup, looks like it.

Edit:

Razorgore changes that I noticed.

1. Cooldown on Break Egg was reduced to 0.5 seconds, same cast time as pre-patch I think.
    2. Razorgore can hibernate multiple dragonkin.
    3. The debuff for starting a channel wears off after 10 or so seconds, versus the original 40-ish.
    4. Getting hit while channeling no longer reduces the channel by 15% or so. Think it's only 0.5. seconds every few hits.
    Wow, that really trivializes the fight, then. Wasn't the cast time on Break Egg 3 seconds or something like that before?
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2012-12-01 at 12:42 AM.

Wow, that really trivializes the fight, then. Wasn't the cast time on Break Egg 3 seconds or something like that before?
    You could destroy 4 eggs in 45 seconds, or 8 in 1:30.

Doing it in cata required 8 channels at least (32 eggs, 4 per channel), so at least an 8 minute fight. 5.0 reduced that down to ~6 minutes since the pushback didn't happen anymore. Now it should be what, 2 minutes?

Needless to say, the cast time was long. :b I don't mind it being easier, to be honest, although it would have been cool to have soloed it during Cata.

Mostly unrelated:

<finally killed a damn rank 8 boss. Zen'shar dead as feral, 102.4k DPS (lol aoeing eyes ), killed it as the rain of fire had just started to appear.

And now I get to enjoy having 0 hope of killing the other 3 until I gear up a bit more.

Here's a few tips on Brutallus (Sunwell Plateau) and Razorgore (Blackwing Lair) I noticed from doing them this week:

Brutallus: After dying twice with just 200k more hp to spare, I re-talented to Force of Nature to see whether the treants would taunt. (Guardian, of course.) Having them absorb a handful of Meteor Slashes throughout the fight made this one a cinch without having to worry about perfectly utilizing your cooldowns. Thought it might be a good idea to mention this is the guide.

Razorgore: As for the adds, after failing three times, I figured out a good way to go about this fight, and this is true for any class, not just druids. That is, to keep breaking eggs until the adds spawn, at which point you should dismiss Razorgore so that all the adds agro to you. Then, re-mind control, brake two eggs, dismiss, and repeat. This way, only a few adds will agro to Razorgore throughout the fight, making it a joke in many ways. Did this as Feral so I could easily just swipe the adds to death after dismissing Razorgore ('though I could have just as easily tanked them). He was at 83% when I broke the last egg without having healed him once, and this is despite the fact that I had talented both Nature's Swiftness and Dream of Cenarius on said attempt, just in case.

Deleted
    So I did yesterday Reliquary of Souls my first time!

I tried it first time in catform, like here described, but he killed everytime in phase 2 with 15-25%!

Then I tried it as Guardian, much easier in phase 2, heal all the damage away with fr. Reg.!!

For those wondering about gunship and other bosses in ICC, gunship's reseting was removed but it still a bit difficult due to your ship losing hp anytime your not on it.
    Here is a full clear video on ICC
    Check the description if you want the timers for specific bosses

I highly suggest taking hotw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RpaudIoLGg

Thanks for sharing, Williee.

I revisited all the classic raids today, and everything went down smoothly.

Razorgore went down on my first attempt. I was right about the cast time of Destroy Egg being 3 seconds. When adds spawned, they ran to Razorgore, stood there for a second doing nothing, then ran to me. I don't know why or how I aggroed them, as I did not have any HoTs on me. There were a few adds sticking with Razorgore, though. Whenever I felt that Razorgore had more adds on him than was healthy, or the mind control was about to wear off, I made sure Razorgore was at the other side of the room, cancelled the mind control, killed all the adds on me, healed me and casted Rejuvenation to get the attention of the other adds in the room, and started the mind control again. I repeated this until the phase was over. When I was thinking about it, I couldn't really tell what was different from before, other than it being less buggy, but then again, I had done the fight twice or something.

Ayamiss is trivial regardless of spec now, because 90. Cast Wrath a couple of times, phase 2 begins, and Ayamiss dives right into your waiting arms.

For Viscidus I had bought a weapon (Wasteland Combat Staff) and enchanted it with Elemental Force that I fetched from the AH. I got him down to 1 HP, waited for him to freeze, and for the fun of it, I leaned back and had auto-attack do the rest of the job. I caught a note from a comment on Wowhead that said the requirement was 30 attacks within 30 seconds, not 15 attacks in 15 seconds. Not that it matters. The comment also stated that the amount of frost attacks required to make him begin to slow was 10, down from 100, the amount required for him to freeze up 15, down from 150, and the amount for him to become frozen solid 20, down from 200. I could confirm this as I was monitoring the Elemental Force procs. This really makes the fight significantly faster than before (for those who managed to solo him).

I wasn't able to check how much the Twin Emperors were healing, but they died pretty quickly.

I never tried to solo C'Thun earlier as I couldn't get past the Twin Emperors without help at the time, so I can't tell exactly what the differences were. The stomach isn't inflicting any damage whatsoever any longer, that's everything I know.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2012-12-03 at 01:54 AM.

Boomkin here, solo'd Razorgore and Viscidus yesterday, so just a couple of point on how I went about it.

Razorgore - I did this by destroying all the eggs in two cycles of the mind control. I started by putting myself in Solar pre-fight, then dropped mushrooms on the controller platform pre pull. The first mind control cycle I started clearing on the controller platform then cleared the controller side of the room first working my way to the far side. When the MC broke, I hit mushrooms and did a couple of ticks of Hurricane to clean up the adds on me, rejuv'd and picked Razorgore back up. I didn't bother with any cc and just cleared the rest of the eggs as quickly as possible. Razorgore was at about 20% health when I destroyed the last egg, so it wasn't that close.

Viscidus - Just used an old weapon with elemental force and went kitty to break the freeze. Nothing really tricky to it at all, just a matter of waiting it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Williee.

snip

For Viscidus I had bought a weapon
    You can also get that brunnhildur polearm (either buy it yourself or ask someone who has done the quest chain in storm peaks to buy it as it isn't soulbound) that procs a frost attack. Procs much faster than elemental force so just burn boss to 1 hp, switch to freezing polearm, then shatter boss.

I wasn't able to check how much the Twin Emperors were healing, but they died pretty quickly.
    Twin Emps used to require ~25k dps to beat out their heals, which was doable back with FL gear as feral. Now it's on the order of 16k or something. One thing to note though is that if you don't actually do damage to a boss, you won't get loot from them. To be safe, moonfire the caster when they teleport and proceed as normal if feral; melee the sword emp then proceed as normal as balance.

I never tried to solo C'Thun earlier as I couldn't get past the Twin Emperors without help at the time, so I can't tell exactly what the differences were. The stomach isn't inflicting any damage whatsoever any longer, that's everything I know.
    The change is that C'thun won't instant gib you if you're the only person in zone and get eaten. However, the stacking debuff inside the stomach will kill you if you're just walking inside, as it does % damage it seems.

For twins, and most bosses, I use HOTW and pull 100k + burst dps. Twins died before the counter part reached him to heal, almost. For C'thun, he 1 shot me before the recent hotfix. I'll try him this week since he been hotfix. Should have videos of these old stuff this week for those curious about some of the old content and hotfix.

You can also get that brunnhildur polearm (either buy it yourself or ask someone who has done the quest chain in storm peaks to buy it as it isn't soulbound) that procs a frost attack. Procs much faster than elemental force so just burn boss to 1 hp, switch to freezing polearm, then shatter boss.
    I had completely forgotten about that weapon. Thanks for the tip.

Twin Emps used to require ~25k dps to beat out their heals, which was doable back with FL gear as feral. Now it's on the order of 16k or something.
    I also read 16k somewhere, but I couldn't confirm it myself.

One thing to note though is that if you don't actually do damage to a boss, you won't get loot from them. To be safe, moonfire the caster when they teleport and proceed as normal if feral; melee the sword emp then proceed as normal as balance.
    I'm not entirely certain what you're trying to say. I only attacked Vek'nilash, and I got loot from both. I just cleared Temple of Ahn'Qiraj and was paying attention specifically to this because you mentioned it, and you were right. That explains why I didn't get the pet or the diadem this or the previous reset. Thanks for the heads-up.

The change is that C'thun won't instant gib you if you're the only person in zone and get eaten. However, the stacking debuff inside the stomach will kill you if you're just walking inside, as it does % damage it seems.
    Yeah, I knew about the stomach one-shotting you before, but I wasn't certain if there were other changes than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    For twins, and most bosses, I use HOTW and pull 100k + burst dps. Twins died before the counter part reached him to heal, almost. For C'thun, he 1 shot me before the recent hotfix. I'll try him this week since he been hotfix. Should have videos of these old stuff this week for those curious about some of the old content and hotfix.
    You're using potions and flasks and whatnot for this, right? Also, when was this hotfix implemented? I haven't heard about it. When I did C'Thun a couple of days ago, everything went fine.

I had completely forgotten about that weapon. Thanks for the tip.

I'm not entirely certain what you're trying to say. I only attacked Vek'nilash, and I got loot from both. I just cleared Temple of Ahn'Qiraj and was paying attention specifically to this because you mentioned it, and you were right. That explains why I didn't get the pet or the diadem this or the previous reset. Thanks for the heads-up.
    Can't take credit for the weapon; read somewhere else on mmo that the proc on it works so tried it out to confirm. And I didn't notice that I was only getting half the normal loot from Twin Emps until I killed them on my dk.

You're using potions and flasks and whatnot for this, right? Also, when was this hotfix implemented? I haven't heard about it. When I did C'Thun a couple of days ago, everything went fine.

In some situations I am, but generally with HOTW + berserk, you can hit 80-100k + dps burst without a pot. I don't flask for soloing anymore due to the fact I don't have any from being a guardian (use elixirs :|).
    If your asking about the C'thun hotfix, it should be implemented already, granted I haven't tried to solo anything this week yet to prove its actually true or not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    In some situations I am, but generally with HOTW + berserk, you can hit 80-100k + dps burst without a pot. I don't flask for soloing anymore due to the fact I don't have any from being a guardian (use elixirs :|).
    If your asking about the C'thun hotfix, it should be implemented already, granted I haven't tried to solo anything this week yet to prove its actually true or not yet.
    C'thun's hotfix is in game. I've done all the stuff they hotfixed, should have it updated either this weekend or next (more likely next, I'll probably be busy with finals for this week).

And personally, anytime I'd be using heart as a guardian, I'd rather just use a feral spec and have that DPS all fight. The only exception I can think of currently is Valithria... and even that I just did as feral because I could, even if it is amazingly frustrating killing everything in 1-2 hits and not getting PS procs.

Sadly since im gemmed and everything for guardian, during the 45 seconds of hotw, i actually do more dps then being 45 seconds as feral. As for a lot of old content, they don't last past 1 minute. However, for fights where you want more dps but need the bear form survivability such as Deathbringer Saurfang, you need bear form once you use hotw. I don't think cat form all the way for that fight is possible. His dots and melee swings are pretty quick.
    Ya on Valthria, I did feral + hotw, I thought I was gona use ps healing touch a lot... but OOO did I mistake that.

Actually, I did fullclear ICC as feral . It's not particularly a good idea for saurfang/princes/LK, but it's workable. On saurfang/princes, the trick is to realize you run faster than they do, and kite them while you build up energy/wait for CDs. Especially true once saurfang has a mark out, is frenzied, and has high BP again. He actually kind of hurts at that stage.

Anytime where my survival is actually being threatened to the point where I'd want to be in bear at all, I'd prefer the stronger CD in vigil. I guess I can see the use if heart covers 100% of the fight, though.

Ya I can see why cat works on most fights, I just pull more dps w/ hotw versus my cat form haha. Thats assuming the fight will last less then 2 minutes as well. Princes was funny, I killed it wayyy before I expected as orbs began to spawn, they were near dead already. I guess it might be preference on hotw vs nw, as I end up taking hotw a lot for progression raiding as well. Became a habit before I knew it

Wish there was a way to solo conclave, so I can begin my Alakir mount solos