Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like taking Kael slowly, if I have the healing talents that is.
    Been having to do it as fast as I can with Ahanss because he isn't (er, wasn't, until I went after Vezax this morning) spec'd into anything. See maybe 1 set of pyroblasts (at ~53%, so close to avoiding them completely!) and 1 gravity lapse.
    I really hope they would not screw anything up in MoP, because I'm so used to weekly Kael'thas-Malygos-Onyxia solo killing routine that I can't imaging the game without it
    Bye regrowth . Gonna miss clearing BWL, that's become one of my favorite weekly runs.
    Meh, maybe resto'll be able to do it at 90, though they seem to have gutted their aoe potential if they can't use shrooms for damage. Don't see thorns anywhere either.

Ya they removed thorns

I've tried the inside kt room awhile back, took a bit getting use to. but in the end, i just do it the normal way. Aint really much longer because i do it outside and down that ramp is pretty much as far as i go.
    Allowing me to pull KT outside his room, lets me dps him down to 1 hp b4 he enters his transition which is awesome considering you have 0 gravity lapse

Haha i tried the BWL thing u did, jus tooo much work
    Wanted to kill myself after a few attempts. Haven't done it since then :|

Remember to add alysrazer to that weekly routine

My guildie and I now have it set up to duo alys after our friday raids. Probably a good thing, since I'm not beating the berserk in either spec and I was wasting sooooo much time on that.

when you equip the staff for p3, do you "use" it on yourself as the adds spawn to have the anti-fear for the resurrected adds?

Yes, always use it every time you equip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Yes, always use it every time you equip it.
    got it now, you juggle between your weapon and the staff to keep up the anti-fear.

thank you so much for the help

The staff doesn't prevent the fear. The staff only prevents the conflag from the mage, the random stun from the engineer debuff and the disorient from KT himself.
    I do it the long way with the shield guy as my first target, i usually kill him w/ my kiril on b4 or as the engineer + mage reaches me. Thats when i spam my equip legendary staff + use it macro and it saves me from the cc fest.
    I do a lot of weapon swapping to speed it up.

Deleted
    Anyone tried soloing ZG yet? (for mounts)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Anyone tried soloing ZG yet? (for mounts)
    I tried panther boss, didn't end well, to much magic damage really.
    And as written in the original post, you get decapitated 10-15 seconds in on that other dude

Edit: Or i guess it was written somewhere else, just remember reading it in this thread.
    Last edited by mmocd3fb6fa5b2; 2012-04-24 at 09:40 PM.

Edit: Or i guess it was written somewhere else, just remember reading it in this thread.
    Bottom of page 1. I guess I could toss it into the OP, though it'd be sort of lame. "No, you can't solo these mount bosses, sorry".

I haven't re-tried Kilnara in a while, but then I don't really care much about the panther. I already have the raptor, so not gonna bother with him .

Don't worry mihir,
    first night in beta for me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U515pwViAC8

Granted I didnt know what i was doing, but it looks very possible if frenzy stays along the line of how it is. But currently, we have no luck with panther. You can pay a healer or ask a friend to pair up, and help you farm panther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Don't worry mihir,
    first night in beta for me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U515pwViAC8

Granted I didnt know what i was doing, but it looks very possible if frenzy stays along the line of how it is. But currently, we have no luck with panther. You can pay a healer or ask a friend to pair up, and help you farm panther.
    Don't Guardians have a short cooldown on interrupts anymore, interrupting that aoe would save you from a lot of damage!

If your talking about live, the dmg from her normal shadow bolts will hurt. You don't got the hp regen or cooldowns to live.

If your talking about the beta, as I said, it was my first night of beta dealing w/ guardian, so my keybinds were jumbled. Seeing how frenzy regen heals fairly consistently, and a lot, panther could be soloed if beta goes live.
    Not sure about phase 2 thou, currently I do it with a healer and the physical damage i take is quite high (granted I am in cat form). But he gains a stacking damage buff, ~10-12 stacks when I kill her during live. I am not sure how high guardian dps is going to be, but it might get fairly high and hurt quite a bit even in bear form.

But ya rewatching it, 15 sec skull bash will definitely reduce a chunk from her channel.

Biggest problem on Kilnara is incoming damage from Lash of Anguish. I can definitely see it soloable with guardian self healing in mop but on live there is not enough self healing to survive that ability being cast pretty often in phase 1.

Deleted
    If SD stopped magic damage it would be rather trivial i think, but with the shadow bolts being cast all the time and the Lash makes it a pain in the ass!

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Soloed Alysrazor as feral(actually I did it 2 days ago, just writing it now). Definitely not the easiest fight out of all, but definitely doable
    Reminds me my early attempts to solo Kael'thas in 359 gear

Thank you so much for sharing the info, now I have one more boss to farm for mounts.

hint: You can save your alt character(by switching difficulty to heroic) with Shannox and Rhyolit dead and use the same save every week.
    How Did you go about surviving the Tornado Phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Feraldps View Post
    How Did you go about surviving the Tornado Phase?
    video of it (well, an attempt, but it's a wipe to the berserk basically):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fi-MElrzrQ
    First ground phase: Likely need to land in the fight area to meet DPS requirements. If not, super, because surviving harsh winds is infinitely easier.
    Second & third ground phases (DO NOT use the parachute idea in the vid, hatchlings melee while you're in the air and it just doesn't work): Land outside and CD through it, it's very easy to survive as feral. Spec into the healing talent and profit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible to solo Shadron (Obsidian sanctum), requires about 50k dps. Did it using a nearly full BiS set as moonkin with flask, food and pot. (I was actually just going there to pick up the achievement and noone wanted to help )

Has anyone soloed Flame Leviathan on 25-player difficulty (as a druid of course)? I tried doing it tonight and had practically zero luck doing that. I did not find it easy as so many other people tend to claim, but I could be doing something horribly wrong.

The main issue, besides the random nuke-all-vehicles bug, is that he will often melee/Ram me while I swap vehicles (and doesn't matter if I swap it after the vehicle is destroyed, or before), which almost always results in death. Dashing works occasionally, but not always, and shapeshifting is just a pain on that fight because you can't enter vehicles while shapeshifting is active. The vehicles also self-destruct if you don't touch them for a while. I've seen videos where people have parked their vehicles at the back of FL, but it seems FL has a much larger aggro radius that he used to and doing so is impossible.

I tried kiting him initially and slow stack him, and easily get him to 60%-70% with just one Demo, but after that it becomes a lot more tricky to kite, and generally swapping vehicles is pretty much a gamble for me atm. Trying to stay next to the vehicle (usually a Chopper) that you want to swap to also causes him to Ram into that vehicle, and since it doesn't have the ilevel boost due to being unoccupied, it means it can easily get pulverized by FL.

I tried this for 5 hours and cleared the trash twice, then just gave up due to frustration. I feel like it should be easy enough (certainly enough Demos to kill FL if they don't get destroyed for whatever reason) but somehow it just never happens. Lowest I got him was about 16% and that's with a lot of luck involved (usually his aggro table bugs out and starts nuking other vehicles).

(Oh, and if you release spirit while he's killing other (unmanned) vehicles, it would seem that he will take about >5mins to reset, preventing you from re-entering the instance!)

(Oh, and if you release spirit while he's killing other (unmanned) vehicles, it would seem that he will take about >5mins to reset, preventing you from re-entering the instance!)
    Yup, hate that. There's a reason I just stick to 10, even with 25 possible.

First off, what's your gear like? I forget when I first managed it, but 378+ should be fine, more being better obviously.
    Second, I macro /cast Bear Form, /cast Survival Instincts, and /cast Barkskin together and mash it when my demo dies. All CDs popped makes his hits survivable. Stampeding Roar+his knockbacks give the distance I need to drop form and jump in Demo #3.

Behold my amazing Paint skills!

I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but whatever, this works with enough gear and it's easy.
    Set up vehicles and tar like the picture. Jump in Demo 1, light the tar, and quickly stack pyrite up to 10. Jump out, head over to Demo 2 (at this point, he'll usually chase after the chopper or Demo 1). Start following the red arrow, and slowly stack up pyrite. Eventually he'll kill you over by the BEAR! thingie, at which point mash all cooldowns and run over to Demo 3. He'll usually turn and chase after the chopper/Demo 1 again, so get some distance, and then slowly stack pyrite again until he dies.