Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    His name was Algalon. I wanna sing the music until the end
    Oh god, your kill looks so much easier than mine, i used the cosmic smash + goblin glider to delay stacks, was very tricky at times with him running after you, hoping he would not apply another stack, before the cosmic smash goes off!

Due to rarity in Dreamwalker gear ever being on my server's BMAH, figured I'd just farm the set from Naxx 25. Arachnid and Plague quarters are boring enough but my oh my, Patchwerk and Hateful Strike. Best I've gotten him down to is about 50% before Shadowmeld reseting since I don't really feel like flying back up. Anyone have some tips for Patchwerk on 25?
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-12-29 at 06:12 AM.

Here's my noob feral rendition of Algalon. On the contrary, I believe a druid's strength is dps! Screw gliders and sprints and whatnot.

As for Patchwerk25, I gave it a shot and it didn't seem too bad. Between barkskin/si/last stand/berserk/incarnation/heart of the wild, there was almost always something around to heal me up if I dipped low. I'll post the video if you need, but it was just bearform tank & spank the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Due to rarity in Dreamwalker gear ever being on my server's BMAH, figured I'd just farm the set from Naxx 25. Arachnid and Plague quarters are boring enough but my oh my, Patchwerk and Hateful Strike. Best I've gotten him down to is about 50% before Shadowmeld reseting since I don't really feel like flying back up. Anyone have some tips for Patchwerk on 25?
    Do it in Guardian spec - with raid level Guardian gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Do it in Guardian spec - with raid level Guardian gear.
    Already doing that. That Hateful Strike hitting me for an extra 17k/sec is what's causing my issue with Patchwerk. Gear might not be the most optimal though and might try out your suggestion in another thread to not reforge out of haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Already doing that. That Hateful Strike hitting me for an extra 17k/sec is what's causing my issue with Patchwerk. Gear might not be the most optimal though and might try out your suggestion in another thread to not reforge out of haste.
    Well, here's me yawn-moding the dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bp6BhERmNQ

I probably should've taken incarnation but was too lazy to talent swap and apparently I didn't need it either.

I have modified a way used by a Dk and a hunter to solo Bloodqueen lanathel. If you have access to the terracotta fragment or a ghost Iron dragonling trinket, casting shadowmeld (nelf druid) right before she bites causes her to try and bite your "pet" instead of you. I have not gotten this to work with the treants we summon. For the rest of the fight, bloodqueen doesnt bite you again, giving you until her enrage to kill her. This is a significantly lower dps requirement. I have not checked whether invisibility potion could be used instead of shadowmeld. When using the dragonling, timing is everything as the dragonling has very little health. You need to re-engage the queen very quickly to avoid resetting the fight.
    Last edited by Elriel; 2013-01-01 at 08:22 AM.

Inspired by a guildie of mine, I managed to down Sartharion25 3D as a moonkin. Aaaaand I hate it...

The RNG required with my item level (503) is incredible and on the kill I had better RNG with procs than I've ever seen. Posting a video later tonight.

Edit:
    Last edited by Alzu; 2013-01-01 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I have a question, would you mind if I stole a few ideas that I find very neat from this thread regarding the presentation and fancy looking in general? (for the Blood thread for DKs.)
    Go for it. Let me know if you need anything copy/pasted.

I have modified a way used by a Dk and a hunter to solo Bloodqueen lanathel. If you have access to the terracotta fragment or a ghost Iron dragonling trinket, casting shadowmeld (nelf druid) right before she bites causes her to try and bite your "pet" instead of you. I have not gotten this to work with the treants we summon. For the rest of the fight, bloodqueen doesnt bite you again, giving you until her enrage to kill her. This is a significantly lower dps requirement. I have not checked whether invisibility potion could be used instead of shadowmeld. When using the dragonling, timing is everything as the dragonling has very little health. You need to re-engage the queen very quickly to avoid resetting the fight.
    Would Feral Incarnation work too? (allows the use of prowl in combat, which drops threat).
    Either way, I didn't really have trouble with her DPS requirement. It's up around 70k, which isn't too hard to sustain for the ~80s fight.

In other news: Shannox Down, and Conclave getting annoyingly close (Can kill Anshal, but not survive long enough to reset the DoTs ).

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Well, here's me yawn-moding the dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bp6BhERmNQ

I probably should've taken incarnation but was too lazy to talent swap and apparently I didn't need it either.
    Not sure which Dought you are on the armory. Mind posting what your stats were for patchwerk? Might just have to change my reforging.

Second one, in Midwinter.

Um, 530,619 hp, 102,662 armor, 18.84% dodge (no tier boni), 6.13% haste, 7.57% hit, 40.26% crit, 7.6% expertise, 28.24% matery.

Like I said, it was just an exploratory poke (just cleared trash 30 sec prior to pull). I wasn't optimized, either gear or talent-wise, for tanking and he just fell over with a modicum of effort. I couldn't even tell you if savage defense or frenzied regen was better - I used both almost randomly, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Inspired by a guildie of mine, I managed to down Sartharion25 3D as a moonkin. Aaaaand I hate it...

The RNG required with my item level (503) is incredible and on the kill I had better RNG with procs than I've ever seen. Posting a video later tonight.

Edit:
    Nicely done m8, i wanted to try but never had a chance since my gear is not as good

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Second one, in Midwinter.

Um, 530,619 hp, 102,662 armor, 18.84% dodge (no tier boni), 6.13% haste, 7.57% hit, 40.26% crit, 7.6% expertise, 28.24% matery.

Like I said, it was just an exploratory poke (just cleared trash 30 sec prior to pull). I wasn't optimized, either gear or talent-wise, for tanking and he just fell over with a modicum of effort. I couldn't even tell you if savage defense or frenzied regen was better - I used both almost randomly, heh.
    you have a good 100k hp and ~4% crit on me. Probably just wait for some more gear then.

Hey guys I'm new to this Forum and this thread.
    I just had finished my T10 soloing journey by Killing LK (Normalmode) and Halion (Normal) both as a Moonkin druid.
    So far I'm done with full WOTLK Solo clear all as a moonkin (itemlvl 491). I Just wanted to know if anyone of you is actual soloing as a moonkin and can say something about the difficulty of the bosses. I want to know if I had done something special or if you think it's just lame as a moonkin^^
    Greetings from Germany!
    And thanks for this amazing thread.

Deleted
    Tried Al'akir as Boomkin in my welfare epics, was 1% away from the last phase :s With better gear it's more than doable plus I didn't understand Electrocute until I dual boxed it, so could of prevented a lot of damage.

Hey everyone !

Now that I'm done with the Firelands glory, I was thinking about soloing Alysrazor for the fancy mount

I'm a boomkin, I have around 480ilvl and I was wondering if there was any tips I need to know, and a guide I could follow !

Thanks !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeform View Post
    Hey everyone !

Now that I'm done with the Firelands glory, I was thinking about soloing Alysrazor for the fancy mount

I'm a boomkin, I have around 480ilvl and I was wondering if there was any tips I need to know, and a guide I could follow !

Thanks !
    You could start by watching one of the countless guides on youtube... alysrazor is no challenge for any spec that has just a minimum of selfhealing. It was soloed by balance druids in cataclysm. If you had done any research about this at all (google search: balance druid solo alysrazor) you wouldnt be asking this question. please.

I obviously already watched videos about it (can't remember if it was boomkins though), but I was looking for things I needed to know to make it work..
    You just can't deduce how everything works from a single video.. If there is anything to deduce of course. According to your post, it is very easy so I assume there isn't much to deduce..
    I thought there were some not so obvious stuff I needed to know like "You need to stand there for this long, then move around here and strat healing and stuff", but apparently there isn't (even though I remember wiping on Aly's trash a while back)

And I didn't find any video guide, but oh well, at least I got an answer (which I understood was "There is nothing you need to know, just destroy the boss and heal when you need to")

Quote Originally Posted by Changeform View Post
    which I understood was "There is nothing you need to know, just destroy the boss and heal when you need to"
    That should be surprisingly accurate, actually.

One thing a lot of people have trouble with is the boss resetting. Basically if you don't keep hitting her whenever she goes down for molting, she will drop out of combat and reset. At the start, wait until one of the last feathers she lays down to get to 3 stacks, and for the entire rest of the fight while in the air, stay close to her so you can keep hitting her as she's molting.

You should have enough health to make healing through harsh winds easy, and video guides (like the one in the OP, or a google search should turn several up) should cover anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    That should be surprisingly accurate, actually.

One thing a lot of people have trouble with is the boss resetting. Basically if you don't keep hitting her whenever she goes down for molting, she will drop out of combat and reset.
    Exactly the kind of tip I was looking for, and I would have never figured out by myself just with the video, thanks !