Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Umm in my video, I think I had ~170k dps w/ flask and double pot using bear + hotw cat dps. However, realizing this after, the damage you take is soo little that you can probably cat dps it all the way which would shorten the fight even further. What t4 and t6 you use and why? When I did Blood queen, my ilvl was in the 490 range maybe a bit higher. However, if you are stuck at 10% range and use pots and flask, you might just need to keep trying refurnish every once of dps and hope for some extra rng crits.
    During my kill, I messed up my dps rotation and didn't extend my bleeds as planned before I lost my actionbar due to the bite. However, my last bleed ticks were just enough damage to finish her off before the timer ticked off.

Deleted
    Well, Ticks her down after lost actionbar never came to my mind. Means I should have more chance than I originally thought.
    I'd consider incarnation+nature's vigil in feral is best choice. SotF might also help me much because I do not have many haste rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    However, realizing this after, the damage you take is soo little that you can probably cat dps it all the way which would shorten the fight even further.
    I have noticed that my single-target DPS is higher in bear form than in cat form outside HotW. It might be individual.

HotW is the way to go on Blood Queen Lana'thel. I think my ilvl wasn't even past 480 when I soloed ICC for the first time. The only boss I had a problem with was Deathbringer Saurfang. I think I used a 463 weapon as well. Not entirely sure, though. Could have been after I got the 476 polearm from LFR.

Deleted
    So I suppose you made the whole guide from the feral's / guardian's point of view, however there are some bosses that are not possible to solo as Chicken of Doom - as I discovered today, Void Reaver is one of them (perma-silenced).
    Last edited by mmoc89529d2f87; 2013-03-19 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninelol View Post
    So I suppose you made the whole guide from the feral's / guardian's point of view, however there are some bosses that are not possible to solo - as I discovered today, Void Reaver is one of them (perma-silenced).
    For one, it says he spams a silence on the front page.

But anyway, you have tons of tools to deal with that. Bear and Cat forms are both still usable, the only ability you lose in them is faerie fire which isn't really a big deal. Both Cenarion Ward and Renewal work when silenced, and both should cover any damage you do take pretty easily. Heart of the Wild is usable while silenced and will make your feral forms that much stronger. If you have a feral weapon to sub in, do it to speed things up.

Against BC stuff like this, the incoming damage and the DPS requirements are both very low, so balance or resto in feral forms are perfectly usable. Sometimes you have to get creative, but needing to get creative hardly makes a fight impossible.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-03-19 at 08:06 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Balance can easily do Void Reaver by using HotW and Cat Form. You cannot miss, or be dodged, parried or blocked whilst the effect is active and the DPS requirement is so low that you can easily kill him in the 45s of the active buff you have. As mentioned above, Cenarion Ward can be used while silenced, heals for quite a big chunk of health and has a mere 30s cooldown. If your gear level is sufficiently low that you're struggling, don't forget you can quite easily Might of Ursoc or go into Bear Form for a short while, build up some rage and heal yourself via Frenzied Regeneration as well.

I have a suggestion. Can we make a list or something similar that works like an overview of what has been soloed as a (Guardian) druid? Something like the spreadsheet Mione is maintaining in the Blood solo thread. I like being able to see what has been soloed and not. I know the overview of the different bosses works much like such a list, but it's not exactly in a condensed form, and it's not easy to skim through it due to the different difficulties and their colorization. Checking YouTube for videos works too, but it gets tedious having to search for videos for each boss just to check whether it has been downed or not.

@Arctagon I haven't seen Mione's spreadsheet on how much he solos, If its updated frequently or not is another question. If you want something simple, like
    boss 1 - yes
    boss 2 - no
    boss 3 - impossible
    on a spreadsheet, maybe Brain can try setting that up. However, I don't think it is needed since his front page should suffice.

Also, on my page I have every video of raid full clear, up until catalysm. In the description are time stamps per boss, hopefully this will be of use for some people. Here is an example of a full clear Ulduar 10 man:
    It has a Thorim kill without the use of engineer (using trees) and Agalon if you have the dps (no kiting)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mLXqt-hEFY

The spreadsheet isn't an overview of what Mione has soloed, it's an overview of what the DK solo community has soloed in total. And the reason I think this would be nice, is because it's a lot more condense, and it's easy to skim through. Also, since you asked, this particular overview is updated as soon as there's something to update. It was updated with the 5.2 change to Kalecgos and Sathrovarr. Take a look:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lZ3A3RXc#gid=0

Not saying we should set up something exactly like that, but it's a nice example of how it could look like.

On another note, I stopped checking in with your YT page, because I thought you had quit. It's a nice surprise to see all these new videos on your channel and that you're back, Willie. :3
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2013-03-24 at 09:59 AM.

Finally got around to updating for 5.2 a little. Updated some bosses, and updated the talents a bit to reflect Displacer Beast/Cenarion Ward/Nature's Vigil becoming more useful. I also added a short Tl;dr version to the list of bosses, however I do intend to set up something similar to the blood/warrior/everybody else spreadsheet.

Major problem? I know next to nothing about Wrath 25-man soloing, because I couldn't care less about doing it. The only part I have some interest in is Ulduar, and that's small because I'm already farming up another legendary solo in firelands . So if I were to do that, I'd need a bit of info on heroic and 25-man bosses in Wrath. Cata content I can talk about because I like doing it, and BC/Vanilla are both easy "Everything is doable" answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    I also added a short Tl;dr version to the list of bosses, however I do intend to set up something similar to the blood/warrior/everybody else spreadsheet.
    I like.

Major problem? I know next to nothing about Wrath 25-man soloing, because I couldn't care less about doing it. The only part I have some interest in is Ulduar, and that's small because I'm already farming up another legendary solo in firelands . So if I were to do that, I'd need a bit of info on heroic and 25-man bosses in Wrath. Cata content I can talk about because I like doing it, and BC/Vanilla are both easy "Everything is doable" answers.
    Don't worry, being the completionist as I am I always do as much as I can, so leave that to me. I'm currently working on Wrath, so that suits me well too. I've done all 10-man (except ICC heroic), so it's really only 25-man mode left, which I'm half-way through. Cleared everything until Ulduar.

Deleted
    Has anyone killed LK 25 heroic as Guardian yet?

Not yet, as far as I'm aware. All other modes are down, though.

@arctagon ya I did quit when my guild broke up and stopped raiding. However, the soloing and achievements dragged me back ~.~. Thought I'd finish some of my videos before I stopped playing.

Not sure if LK 25 heroic is easy or hard but getting to that fight might be a bigger issue.
    I kind of wished druids could make shadowmourne, so it gives an incentive to solo ICC 25.

It's nice having you here as long as you choose to stay.

Personally, I think revisiting the old raids and going through them solo (two things I really like to do) is enough to have me going back, although being able to craft and hold Shadowmourne would certainly be even more reason to go back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's impressive or not, managed to get down 10H Halion as a chicken today, along with 25 Maly/25 Onyxia. Tried my hand at 25 Sarth 3d, but best attempt I could do was 18% before he went immune. Should definitely be possible this tier with some heroic gear.

Out of curiosity, how are you handling the incoming damage in general as balance? I'm not too avid soloer but after trying some harder bosses (Saurfang 10 heroic, Sarth 25 3D), I just need to kite all the time and can't really focus on the DPS. Sartharion is such a short fight that I managed it but no luck on Saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Not sure if it's impressive or not, managed to get down 10H Halion as a chicken today, along with 25 Maly/25 Onyxia. Tried my hand at 25 Sarth 3d, but best attempt I could do was 18% before he went immune. Should definitely be possible this tier with some heroic gear.
    Malygos 25 is a little tight since the drake's damage don't scale at all, as far as I'm aware. Sartharion 25 +3D is easily the most difficult of those because of the DPS requirement. It's been soloed by the good fellow above me in 503 gear, though:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Inspired by a guildie of mine, I managed to down Sartharion25 3D as a moonkin. Aaaaand I hate it...

The RNG required with my item level (503) is incredible and on the kill I had better RNG with procs than I've ever seen. Posting a video later tonight.

Edit:

For malaygos 10 or 25, you should try and stack 2 arcane charges before he pushes phase 2. Then use the 2 charges and nuke Malygos as much as you can, I know in 10m, you can nuke him to 1hp so the drake has to do pretty much nothing. Not sure about 25m scaling thou.

Ya thats a lot of hp to tear through for Sarth 3d 25m, once you reached that dps requirement, it should be no problems

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Malygos 25 is a little tight since the drake's damage don't scale at all, as far as I'm aware. Sartharion 25 +3D is easily the most difficult of those because of the DPS requirement. It's been soloed by the good fellow above me in 503 gear, though:
    That's nuts! I'll have to try that again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Out of curiosity, how are you handling the incoming damage in general as balance? I'm not too avid soloer but after trying some harder bosses (Saurfang 10 heroic, Sarth 25 3D), I just need to kite all the time and can't really focus on the DPS. Sartharion is such a short fight that I managed it but no luck on Saurfang.
    NV is awesome for the heals, hands down. Gives you the passive heals as well as allowing you to continue your stationary rotation. NS+HT is a nice combo as well, and I find myself just rolling Rejuves for the most part. Sometimes it's really difficult to line up heals when you can't DPS, like vortex of Malygos, and I try to save all my heals for that point.

I'm going through all of Ulduar 25 atm (except Yogg lol), but then I'll be going to ICC 10H afterward, so I'll let ya know how Saurfang goes there. D:
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-03-25 at 10:15 PM.