Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    is all of fl10 normal solo-able as a bear or feral?

Quote Originally Posted by Lantupointo View Post
    I didn't mean Cata Heroics. Should have clarified that. Although, Halfus is the one of the few I haven't done on heroic. Sorry to get your hopes up if I did. Haha.

I haven't done BoT since the NV nerfs finally happened, might have been possible, or at least moreso then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lantupointo View Post
    Fairly certain all of it is soloable on heroic, unless I'm forgetting something. I've done normal since before I got any legendaries, last tier at that. (509~ ilvl as guardian, went balance for alysrazor tho).
    I've played balance for five years.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Nelfs are cuter than trolls, regardless of OP racials.
    Facts.

are all the boss fights straight forward or do they require some twerking? Like I assume for rag i would have to get treants.

Are you asking about Rag normal or Heroic? Normal you don't need to do anything special although hiding the magma traps in the corner is very helpful so you have more space for p2/3. I haven't tried heroic yet because I haven't been back around to get Majordomo/Beth'tilac on heroic.

And yes all of FL 10 normal is soloable as guardian (don't know about feral, I just always do guardian).

Every other fight is pretty straight forward though. Alysrazor a useful thing is to not be up too high since some of her abilities knock you out of the sky and you can die from fall damage. Beth'tilac you pretty much just go up and stay there until she goes down (her nuke doesn't do that much damage at all). Rhyolith might take some practice clearing out the adds (they can overwhelm you if you're not careful) but depending on your gear level is pretty easy to rock out. Majordomo just kite in a circle putting as much damage as you can into him. Shannox is just laughable

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    Are you asking about Rag normal or Heroic? Normal you don't need to do anything special although hiding the magma traps in the corner is very helpful so you have more space for p2/3. I haven't tried heroic yet because I haven't been back around to get Majordomo/Beth'tilac on heroic.

And yes all of FL 10 normal is soloable as guardian (don't know about feral, I just always do guardian).

Every other fight is pretty straight forward though. Alysrazor a useful thing is to not be up too high since some of her abilities knock you out of the sky and you can die from fall damage. Beth'tilac you pretty much just go up and stay there until she goes down (her nuke doesn't do that much damage at all). Rhyolith might take some practice clearing out the adds (they can overwhelm you if you're not careful) but depending on your gear level is pretty easy to rock out. Majordomo just kite in a circle putting as much damage as you can into him. Shannox is just laughable
    You need good siege gear to do heroic Majordomo though, and you more than likely will hit berserk. Keeping SD up and backpeddling in a circle is very important too. On normal Majordomo the same rules apply - minus the berserk.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Facts.

Deleted
    Greetings, fellow druids, Boomy here, was wondering whats the easiest way to get (solo) to LK 25HC, ilvl 574 here, and which bosses in ICC 25 HC can be soloed by a boomy (with resto off-spec if that matters at all...). Have soloed stuff with tough mechanics and stupid RNG (yogg 25 +0), Im more interested in what is possible and how hard it would be. Also if its possible to clear stuff in 10M normal and then just switch to 25HC for LK (Haven't stepped inside ICC since the buff was 5%)
    Last edited by mmocc1f21dc7c0; 2014-04-11 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimolition View Post
    Greetings, fellow druids, Boomy here, was wondering whats the easiest way to get (solo) to LK 25HC, ilvl 574 here, and which bosses in ICC 25 HC can be soloed by a boomy (with resto off-spec if that matters at all...). Have soloed stuff with tough mechanics and stupid RNG (yogg 25 +0), Im more interested in what is possible and how hard it would be. Also if its possible to clear stuff in 10M normal and then just switch to 25HC for LK (Haven't stepped inside ICC since the buff was 5%)
    You can solo a lot of the bosses as 25H, haven't tried it though. I'd say that the hardest might be Saurfang, Marrowgar (impossible?) and the Plague quarter. LK is easy enough, just use NV for healing.

Yes, you can clear everything in 10N and then switch to 25N outside and 25H inside. That works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    You can solo a lot of the bosses as 25H, haven't tried it though. I'd say that the hardest might be Saurfang, Marrowgar (impossible?) and the Plague quarter. LK is easy enough, just use NV for healing.

Yes, you can clear everything in 10N and then switch to 25N outside and 25H inside. That works.
    Thanks for the info, I guess I'll try marrowgar a few times, see if I can get some lucky cloak proccs to kill the spikes, otherwise glad to hear that u can get to LK without relying on anyone (I must be the most unsocial MMO player out there )

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post

Just did 10m on my boomkin to clear to get 25h LK. It would only let me switch to 10H. Is this a bug? I had the same issue previous week on 25H marrow. Did him for boned achieve with worgen and could not switch back to 10N to finish place. Gave up b/c I only need Been waiting long time achieve and I just don;t want to clear it all on 25m (Gunship & Suarfang are both pita)

FYI I went outside, switched to 25, zoned in to see 10 man with 10 man heroic option inside.

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    Just did 10m on my boomkin to clear to get 25h LK. It would only let me switch to 10H. Is this a bug? I had the same issue previous week on 25H marrow. Did him for boned achieve with worgen and could not switch back to 10N to finish place. Gave up b/c I only need Been waiting long time achieve and I just don;t want to clear it all on 25m (Gunship & Suarfang are both pita)

FYI I went outside, switched to 25, zoned in to see 10 man with 10 man heroic option inside.
    It sounds like you did something on 10 heroic. Maybe you zoned in on 10 heroic and switched it to normal? I could see that breaking things. I've never had it bug on me, and I solo a few raids on 4 characters a week.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Facts.

Don't do 10m on Heroic if you want to do anything on 25m.

ICC (and TotGC) is a special case in that the 10m and 25m are separate difficulties with different loot, unlike Cata+ raids. You used to be able to do both the same week, but now it uses post-Cata lockout rules, which causes some oddities. Essentially, if you do anything on heroic difficulty, you get a lockout that saves yourself to that raid size for the rest of the week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    Don't do 10m on Heroic if you want to do anything on 25m.

ICC (and TotGC) is a special case in that the 10m and 25m are separate difficulties with different loot, unlike Cata+ raids. You used to be able to do both the same week, but now it uses post-Cata lockout rules, which causes some oddities. Essentially, if you do anything on heroic difficulty, you get a lockout that saves yourself to that raid size for the rest of the week.
    This pretty much, soloed LK 25 hc with no real difficulty, took me more tries to do gunship 25 because i suck, not because its hard . Was curious, has anyone done Algalon on 25 man (Boomy that is), at my gear level (574) he phase punches me for the 5th time when he is ~3-4M hps im on the 10k haste BP and using drums of rage, was wondering if reforging for the 5k BP and more mastery might give me that extra push. I tried it with DoC (instead of NV) but it was very clunky, some tries it seemed better, some worse... We're talking about a ~1 min burst window, if anyone has any tips would love em.

I can also confirm that you can do everything on 10 Normal and then switch to 25 Normal outside and 25 Heroic inside for LK as of 17th Apr.

Also how do you meet the enrage as a Guardian on LK25Hc? I was ~8% off and my guess is that I lost too much dps from running around after the winter phases because I couldn't kill the orbs fast enough. How do you guys handle the orbs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I can also confirm that you can do everything on 10 Normal and then switch to 25 Normal outside and 25 Heroic inside for LK as of 17th Apr.

Also how do you meet the enrage as a Guardian on LK25Hc? I was ~8% off and my guess is that I lost too much dps from running around after the winter phases because I couldn't kill the orbs fast enough. How do you guys handle the orbs?
    Stay on the staircase that leads up to the throne and just take the hits, for reference www youtube com/watch?v=_IIk6zKi7Kk (Can't post links yet...)
    Last edited by mmocc1f21dc7c0; 2014-04-18 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimolition View Post
    Stay on the staircase that leads up to the throne and just take the hits, for reference www youtube com/watch?v=_IIk6zKi7Kk (Can't post links yet...)
    Cool thanks

What he said for orbs. Just make sure you stay away from the throne through p1 to keep traps away. You can even put a lot of damage into Arthas if you get the orbs down fast enough since the adds don't do enough damage to really matter. Key here though is getting the orbs down fast enough. Usually 1 FF is good (if it crits), if not just stay by the staircase and they'll come to you. If they do push you back the staircase will catch you and you can just mangle/lacerate them really quickly and they'll die and then you can push some more damage onto Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I suppose it depends on gear, but I've always killed the orbs with Thrash/Swipe (DPS cloak can kill them easily, as well, although it's random). I haven't tried using FF like the above poster mentioned, but I almost always one-shot orbs with AoE. They're fairly easy to see spawn, so as long as you move away from that location and Swipe/Thrash when you can hit them (you'll likely have adds up, anyways) while not getting hit they should die in 2 GCD's while staying in melee range at all times. Worst case scenario, I think you can run with Displacer Beast and "blink" to counter a knockback from orbs, as well as shadow traps, if you're fast enough. I've managed it with Skull Bash, as well, but it's tricky timing since the range is small... partly why I run with Displacer Beast on heroic Rag for clearing Magma Traps that dirty my floor, but that's another boss fight.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Hey guys, I've done All of firelands hc as well as all of BWD hc as a guardian at 5.4. If anyone needs tips let me know.

I ran into trouble on heroic cho'gal. No matter how well I try to control the adds usually at least one of them hit me. By the 3rd add spawns It is so hard to not go over 25 corruption (when you get the debuff) that I just wipe at like 15% (after transformation).At 100% corruption NV doesn't work, the only healing that work is renewal but it is so abysmal that it is not really worth it. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    What he said for orbs. Just make sure you stay away from the throne through p1 to keep traps away. You can even put a lot of damage into Arthas if you get the orbs down fast enough since the adds don't do enough damage to really matter. Key here though is getting the orbs down fast enough. Usually 1 FF is good (if it crits), if not just stay by the staircase and they'll come to you. If they do push you back the staircase will catch you and you can just mangle/lacerate them really quickly and they'll die and then you can push some more damage onto Arthas.
    I killed him today (my first time) with 30sec left on enrage. I just stood on the stairs cleaving down adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsin View Post
    Hey guys, I've done All of firelands hc as well as all of BWD hc as a guardian at 5.4. If anyone needs tips let me know.

I ran into trouble on heroic cho'gal. No matter how well I try to control the adds usually at least one of them hit me. By the 3rd add spawns It is so hard to not go over 25 corruption (when you get the debuff) that I just wipe at like 15% (after transformation).At 100% corruption NV doesn't work, the only healing that work is renewal but it is so abysmal that it is not really worth it. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
    I don't properly recall how I did, but I am pretty sure that I just ended up overpowering it with dps. Killing the third set of blobs, getting to full health before 100 corruption (with NV) and then just burning it with full SD uptime, renewal+MoU (goes through the healing reduction) and the rest of my defensive/offensive cooldowns. Dps trikets, cloak, meta goes a long way.