Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I don't properly recall how I did, but I am pretty sure that I just ended up overpowering it with dps. Killing the third set of blobs, getting to full health before 100 corruption (with NV) and then just burning it with full SD uptime, renewal+MoU (goes through the healing reduction) and the rest of my defensive/offensive cooldowns. Dps trikets, cloak, meta goes a long way.
    The DPS trinkets/cloak/meta can make all the difference in the world, as you mentioned. When it came to the oozes, getting a lucky cloak proc just makes the fight a breeze in itself. As I mentioned in an earlier post with LK orbs, there is a sweet spot with AoE'ing with Swipe/Thrash without getting hit by melee. I like using UV to slow something and kite in a circle for this kind of thing, although my methods for soloing content tend to be a bit different than most.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The DPS trinkets/cloak/meta can make all the difference in the world, as you mentioned. When it came to the oozes, getting a lucky cloak proc just makes the fight a breeze in itself. As I mentioned in an earlier post with LK orbs, there is a sweet spot with AoE'ing with Swipe/Thrash without getting hit by melee. I like using UV to slow something and kite in a circle for this kind of thing, although my methods for soloing content tend to be a bit different than most.
    I do think that your way of kiting seems right. Consistent slow is probably a lot better than getting them dragged back. I am just so incredibly shit at that kiting, which caused me to give up and just power through it.

Yeah... I just got mutated on the 2nd set of bloods and pushed right through. No Renewal or any tricks like that, gear is fun .

Helps that that's pretty much the exact same p2 timing as my old kills. Pushing p2 with low time left on fury = reset fury stacks = joke boss.

Heroic Halion 25 down as guardian @ 567 ilvl using heroic TTT as second trinket.

Pushed up phase corpreality to 0%, then sorta just waited for berserk. Went down, got lots of vengeance, and essentially bursted it down.

http://imgur.com/a/kBYXB

e: I fully realize this isn't a first, moreso a guide for anyone else wanting to do it. Going to try as my main spec, balance, some this week. Doubt it's possible though.

Also, I was able to do Heroic: Cho'gall in the same way Braindwen described, so it's certainly possible with my level of gear. I can only assume his is significantly better, as it is his main spec.
    Last edited by Shavokqt; 2014-04-23 at 01:21 PM.
    I've played balance for five years.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Nelfs are cuter than trolls, regardless of OP racials.
    Facts.

Are all the Brawler's Guild bosses soloable as Guardian in 565+ with a heroic warforged weapon? My trinket options are a bit outdated with normal RoR and HTF Renataki's but I blame the huge influx of agility users we got in SoO.

Edit: I realize I could do it on one of my dps spec toons but prefer to keep achievements earned first on my Druid and I haven't been Feral since Cata.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-04-27 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Are all the Brawler's Guild bosses soloable as Guardian in 565+ with a heroic warforged weapon? My trinket options are a bit outdated with normal RoR and HTF Renataki's but I blame the huge influx of agility users we got in SoO.

Edit: I realize I could do it on one of my dps spec toons but prefer to keep achievements earned first on my Druid and I haven't been Feral since Cata.
    Go to a raider's target dummy and see if you can maintain ~115k dps single target with no vengeance for 2 minutes. That will probably be enough to get to and beat Dr. FIST.

The last guy is a much harder dps check. Assuming you beat phase 1 in one minute, you will need ~166k dps to beat him before enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shavokqt View Post
    Heroic Halion 25 down as guardian @ 567 ilvl using heroic TTT as second trinket.

Pushed up phase corpreality to 0%, then sorta just waited for berserk. Went down, got lots of vengeance, and essentially bursted it down.
    Gratz on the kill!

The method I used was actually just staying down below the entire time once you get past P1... I don't like fire. It's been a while (did it last year), but I don't think you'll even hit the berserk timer. I recall the fight randomly resetting on occasion, has that been fixed yet?

Honestly, a lot of the encounters are horrid as Feral, since burst classes tend to do better. With full SoO gear, it's probably a cake walk now, but I always preferred the direct damage of bears over the bleeds of kittens for those kinds of things. As Lybydose said, if you can maintain decent single-target damage almost all of it should be fine... you can also sit in some mechanics as Guardian, too. Been a while, but didn't they remove Vengeance gains to prevent tanks from cheesing the mechanics?

The only one that might be troublesome is the four statue one, unless my mental wounds from doing that are making me bias (it's one of the special card challenges I think?). I had to line up procs, use Treants, and DoT-and-run as Feral to get that one down the first time, was a pain in the butt and might be just as painful as Guardian. Although, one of the limiting factors on that encounter is the increasing damage from each statue, and being Guardian will reduce the amount of threat caused by that mechanic substantially.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Thanks for the replies. Still putting off doing it until I get all of those stupid special card quest items (damn you Tiny Blue Carp, I know you're rare but I wanted the Brawler's Guild thing instead).

Figured I'd throw this up since I already cleared the instance for a friend for the week, but has anyone found a reliable method to solo Heroic Ultraxion on 10man? Kitty probably is the best bet, unless there's some trick to circumventing the Twilight debuff of instant death. All else fails, I'll see what I can do next week.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Figured I'd throw this up since I already cleared the instance for a friend for the week, but has anyone found a reliable method to solo Heroic Ultraxion on 10man? Kitty probably is the best bet, unless there's some trick to circumventing the Twilight debuff of instant death. All else fails, I'll see what I can do next week.
    It requires a ridiculous amount of DPS to kill. Probably possible with insane RNG but even that is far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    It requires a ridiculous amount of DPS to kill. Probably possible with insane RNG but even that is far fetched.
    My only thought might be pet trinkets and Treants getting debuffs from the Hour of Twilight, perhaps I'll mess with it on my alt druid and see if anything sticks (although I doubt it). Only reason I'd try it on heroic is for my friend who wants xmog gear, so no big loss if there's no feasible method. Can always pray in WoD they add vanity pets to DS and adjust the content for it.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

My only thought might be pet trinkets and Treants getting debuffs from the Hour of Twilight, perhaps I'll mess with it on my alt druid and see if anything sticks (although I doubt it). Only reason I'd try it on heroic is for my friend who wants xmog gear, so no big loss if there's no feasible method. Can always pray in WoD they add vanity pets to DS and adjust the content for it.
    I don't think pets count as a viable target for Hour of Twilight. You either need to kill Ultraxion before the 2nd Hour of Twilight or bring someone else with you to trade off on Hour of Twilight soaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, good people. I'm trying (and failing) to solo Gluth 25m to get myself an Origin of Nightmares. I know the drop is low from him, but it's one extra shot each week.

I'm just not able to do it. I'm in 494 gear, gemmed/reforged for guardian, and I'm pushing 60-70k DPS, but he just out heals me. Does anyone have any tips to impart? It says he's easy in the OP, but I'm starting to think that's for 10m..

Thanks! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    Hello, good people. I'm trying (and failing) to solo Gluth 25m to get myself an Origin of Nightmares. I know the drop is low from him, but it's one extra shot each week.

I'm just not able to do it. I'm in 494 gear, gemmed/reforged for guardian, and I'm pushing 60-70k DPS, but he just out heals me. Does anyone have any tips to impart? It says he's easy in the OP, but I'm starting to think that's for 10m..

Thanks! :3
    Well, considering that you can get better gear from Timeless Isle alone, that kinda is your issue. Your gear is just terrible. Most likely the OP has info for 10man (unless otherwise stated) but people had better gear than you in the first tier of MoP so it might've been easy even then. Try gathering better items from Timeless Isle and LFR first. Gluth is a DPS check and that cannot be fixed in almost any other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Gluth is a DPS check and that cannot be fixed in almost any other means.
    That's pretty much what I was expecting, really. I will admit to being very rusty at cat these days. Haven't played WoW since Firelands, and I only got back two weeks ago.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Wow! I hadn't even heard of the Timeless Isle... This is going to make gearing up a whole lot faster.
    Last edited by Mortimer; 2014-05-08 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I killed him today (my first time) with 30sec left on enrage. I just stood on the stairs cleaving down adds.
    Have you tried it as Balance? I killed it the other day in 565 gear just for the fun of it (already got the mount) and it was pretty straight forward. Just make sure you kill the Shambling Horrors and the Soul thingys

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    That's pretty much what I was expecting, really. I will admit to being very rusty at cat these days. Haven't played WoW since Firelands, and I only got back two weeks ago.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Wow! I hadn't even heard of the Timeless Isle... This is going to make gearing up a whole lot faster.
    Yeah, Gluth is just a gear check similar to Patchwerk for soloing purposes. With how easy it is to get 522+ gear it shouldn't take you too long.

Also, got rank 8 in Brawler's Guild in about an hour as Guardian (no one else queued for the most part). Pretty straightforward though I dislike that stipulation of just dying if the timer expires. Only died to Meatball cause I wasn't paying attention to the debuff that those orbs in that they were a damage buff to pick up.

Mechanically speaking I've found the Brawler's Guild to be boring. Only interesting one so far that I've seen has been Hexos and even that's meh.

Mechanically speaking I've found the Brawler's Guild to be boring. Only interesting one so far that I've seen has been Hexos and even that's meh.
    It was a lot more exciting when the encounters were current content, especially we you didn't have the DPS as Guardian. Half the challenge was actually having enough DPS to beat the timers. Bloody Hexos was annoying with higher latencies or if the servers were acting up, feeling like you randomly died by no fault of your own to wait another 20-30 minutes to try again got old fast. Have you tried the card-only encounters as Guardian yet?
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    It was a lot more exciting when the encounters were current content, especially we you didn't have the DPS as Guardian. Half the challenge was actually having enough DPS to beat the timers. Bloody Hexos was annoying with higher latencies or if the servers were acting up, feeling like you randomly died by no fault of your own to wait another 20-30 minutes to try again got old fast. Have you tried the card-only encounters as Guardian yet?
    I never thought hexos was unresponsive. Disruptotron however... grates on horde side being a total pain and MS making such a huge difference... omg. I switched server and had my MS go up with 30. Never again did I do well on that fight. I ended up using SoO Normal gear, all cooldowns, defensive and nature's vigil and just ignore all mechanics.
    Anyway I agree with you. Brawler's guild was great fun and often difficult as well when it was current content.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Have you tried it as Balance? I killed it the other day in 565 gear just for the fun of it (already got the mount) and it was pretty straight forward. Just make sure you kill the Shambling Horrors and the Soul thingys
    I tried Balance at first but it was too demanding in terms of healing. especially when I had enraged adds and spirits hitting me and LK casts Infest.

But I'm usually awful at finding solo strategies....

Do you stand in the relentless winter?