Thread: Rogues

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudle View Post
    happens every season, there is 1 FOTM. Waited for my turn since TBC ShS , so buzz off.
    Dk/Pala season 1 in Wrath was even more retarded than Rogue/Mage or RLS is today. You had to be a total retard not to get Flawless Victor as a DK. Oh and not to mention mages doing 60-80k burst on 3.5k resillience players.....sup with that?
    try 60-80k on a 4300 resil player.. sup with THAT? my partner who is a mage showed me his burst with all his CDs. me on my shaman (4300 resil) and it was jaw dropping. i had double mage healer team against me in 3s and i got global'd. i still think mages are over the top, more so than rogues.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

  2. #42
    It's nothing to do with the PVE gear, yes the very early ilvl 397 stage 1 daggers are very easy to acquire but when people start to get more resil, it shouldn't be an issue.

    What's going to plague the entire season is the 20% ms, giving this buff to Rogues countered the Warrior buff (why would you pick a Warrior in your 3s when Rogue can do everything better?).

    Rogues were perfect last season, the 20% ms was unnecessary.

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 08:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    try 60-80k on a 4300 resil player.. sup with THAT? my partner who is a mage showed me his burst with all his CDs. me on my shaman (4300 resil) and it was jaw dropping. i had double mage healer team against me in 3s and i got global'd. i still think mages are over the top, more so than rogues.
    You have your own defensive cds, use them to counter Frost Mages' offensive cds.

    CDs is pointless if you don't use yours and you expect to live through another dps' cds.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by metalgemini View Post
    I've been playing my rogue all expansion and have definitely noticed a ramp up in pvp effectiveness. I think most of it is from people gearing alts and my new ruthless set. But I still have to spend an hour beating on a geared healer
    only pallies. my rogue in full S10 (ruthless, but havent played in a while) can roflstomp any priest sham or drood. droods vs rogues... ijust feel bad for the drood. i used to play resto drood main in pvp. now i play rogue. mostly because droods just get roflstomped. you can full lockout priest/sham too so they cant cast, just alternate gouge/kick dont energy spam and save kidney for their CDs lol = WIN

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 11:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kynn View Post
    try 60-80k on a 4300 resil player.. sup with THAT? my partner who is a mage showed me his burst with all his CDs. me on my shaman (4300 resil) and it was jaw dropping. i had double mage healer team against me in 3s and i got global'd. i still think mages are over the top, more so than rogues
    its called grounding totem you baddie rofl =D (not @ kynn, at the guy kynn's responding to lul)
    Last edited by Maldread; 2011-12-20 at 04:44 PM.

  4. #44
    Not seeing a problem with rogues, damage isn't really all that out of line... I mean ffs, look at mages they're bull****? Vial of fail needs a nerf. Rogues are mostly quite ahead on weapons... I imagine as soon as everyone else has their 397 + weps there wont be as much qq

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Kynn View Post
    It's nothing to do with the PVE gear, yes the very early ilvl 397 stage 1 daggers are very easy to acquire but when people start to get more resil, it shouldn't be an issue.

    What's going to plague the entire season is the 20% ms, giving this buff to Rogues countered the Warrior buff (why would you pick a Warrior in your 3s when Rogue can do everything better?).

    Rogues were perfect last season, the 20% ms was unnecessary.

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 08:31 AM ----------



    You have your own defensive cds, use them to counter Frost Mages' offensive cds.

    CDs is pointless if you don't use yours and you expect to live through another dps' cds.
    i said "showed me his burst".. which means he showed me his burst. not "he popped his CDs and i popped mine"
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutes View Post
    Yeah Rogue is definetly the FoTM
    sad but true. o well. once MoP hits and the FotM noobcakes reroll monk. ill still remain as a rogue. thru better or worse.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    i said "showed me his burst".. which means he showed me his burst. not "he popped his CDs and i popped mine"
    Then who cares if Frost Mages can do 60-80k with all cds up?

    You'll still survive if you use your own cds.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    Oh so rogues can finally do some damage so let's nerf them!
    You're kidding.. right?

  9. #49
    Mechagnome Vulryth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    a nice place
    Posts
    714
    been playing my rogue since wotlk and it saddens me that so many people level them because they think they're going to get legendaries. easy to destroy the bad ones in pvp when they ave no idea what they're doing.
    weeee!

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kynn View Post
    Then who cares if Frost Mages can do 60-80k with all cds up?

    You'll still survive if you use your own cds.
    two frost mages... that 120-160k. and the situation i was in was i got deeped, trinketed, NS GHW, juked the first full CS but was still blanketed, another deep got global'd. i will be honest if my teammates had peeled better i might not have died. so yea it was pretty hard to live through. And stop trying to defend mages cause we all know theyre damage and CC are over the top.

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 06:22 AM ----------

    Just to add, i played a kitty cleave at that time (with pretty bad partners) and its hard to peel mages as melee with no dispells =/. just thought id throw that in there
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

  11. #51
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulryth View Post
    easy to destroy the bad ones in pvp when they ave no idea what they're doing.
    Hey, I'm right here. A little tact please.

  12. #52
    My heroic Vial would like to have a word with any undergeared bg'er as it procs for 50k+(crit proced for 80k earlier) on a pvp geared character roughly 30k. Also I have the normal madness weapon with vengeance. My burst even makes me cringe.

  13. #53
    Immortal Evolixe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    7,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Rable View Post
    My heroic Vial would like to have a word with any undergeared bg'er as it procs for 50k+(crit proced for 80k earlier) on a pvp geared character roughly 30k. Also I have the normal madness weapon with vengeance. My burst even makes me cringe.
    Thats exactly why this thread is trying or dying to shed some light on:

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1496140?page=1

    That.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    two frost mages... that 120-160k. and the situation i was in was i got deeped, trinketed, NS GHW, juked the first full CS but was still blanketed, another deep got global'd. i will be honest if my teammates had peeled better i might not have died. so yea it was pretty hard to live through. And stop trying to defend mages cause we all know theyre damage and CC are over the top.

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 06:22 AM ----------

    Just to add, i played a kitty cleave at that time (with pretty bad partners) and its hard to peel mages as melee with no dispells =/. just thought id throw that in there
    I'm not saying mages aren't OP but it's not like you don't have the skills to live through their burst.

    Mages is a hard counter to Kittycleave so you're at a disadvantage against them regardless.

  15. #55
    Its the warglaive drama all over again, its like this all the time with powerful PvE stuff, remember the ashen verdict ring and deathbringers will? How many without any of that were gladiator ranked in s8? That had to do with other stuff aswell though. I'm surprised there hasn't been any whining over the new caster trinket. You know the one that procs a shadowbolt that hits for about the same as the agi vial...

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewinter View Post
    I find it amusing how warlocks continue being grossly overpowered for who knows how long and nobody even mentions them, while two weeks of rogues being over the top and we have everyone squeeling.
    shhh...

    on a more serious note: do you have any clue how weak warlocks are in 1v1? (for one, i have no chance against a rogue even with inferior gear) warlocks are only powerful with a healer and against multiple opponents (3s, 5s and rbgs), even then, you rarely see numbers above 10k and you rarely see a warlock getting a killing blow (just a constant trickle of 3-5k ticks on as many targets as he likes). so ya, locks are powerful in a stealthy way (doesnt attract forum complains)
    Last edited by guanqi; 2011-12-27 at 03:10 PM.

  17. #57
    Rogues really are in a strong position atm when I'm on either my warrior or my paladin, a good rogue will always blow me or my partner up with their utility or survivability. I also have a feral though and once I go bear form it only seems fair. Feral's and Rogues could use a nerf but nothing will happen until MOP
    Last edited by Blastros; 2011-12-27 at 03:49 PM.

  18. #58
    It's funny that rogues are the sudden class to beat, since they've barely changed the class at all for years, and when they have, it's always been PvP nerfs, like scaling down smoke bomb or cloak of shadows for the fifth time.

  19. #59
    The Hive Mind Demetrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Unicomplex 01
    Posts
    1,898
    Simple solution on simple problems, ban PVE gear from arena.

  20. #60
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    It's funny that rogues are the sudden class to beat, since they've barely changed the class at all for years, and when they have, it's always been PvP nerfs, like scaling down smoke bomb or cloak of shadows for the fifth time.
    Point is, smokebomb shouldn't have been implemented in the first place. That skill is ridiculously op in a lot of situations and has hardly any value in pve. Why they put it in is beyond me, probably because they love Rogues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •