Thread: Rogues

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Rogues

Never thought I'd call for the nerfbat on my main class, but seriously it's pretty silly atm.
    My 2 irl buddies play 2 comps together, WLD(me) and R(me)MP and warriors are shit compared to rogues.
    We played some WLD last night and yes resto druids are weak as shit now but a roggy swaping to me can pretty much almost solo me without peels, buff to MS was retarded, now add a mage or lock to that mix and a smokebomb and I almost panic everytime they go for me.

In short, rogues need fixing badly.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

actually, AJ is going off about rogues atm

i wouldn't be shocked if they did get a nerf... sub spec anyway, however it could be because most of them are afew gear levels ahead of everyone due to the welfare baby legendary's they got

wait till everyone is in mainly s11 gear and then see what happens, i will say however there abit crazy right now

Yeah Rogue is definetly the FoTM

Deleted
    It's welfare weapons + vial of skill more then rogue design itself. (The proc from trinket can do as much, if not more, burst then a full dance in itself.)

It will level out when pvp weapons are obtained by the general population.

Jk legendarys. But they're supposed to be OP, right?

And, didn't blizz want more people to roll/play their rogues?
    Last edited by mmoc23f1c456d3; 2011-12-17 at 07:20 PM.

It's mostly the current PvE gear that makes them ridiculous. Just wait until the first batch of legendaries.

I've been playing my rogue all expansion and have definitely noticed a ramp up in pvp effectiveness. I think most of it is from people gearing alts and my new ruthless set. But I still have to spend an hour beating on a geared healer

Deleted
    I dont want to get nerfed. I felt like I had to get nerfed on my frost dk, but not on my rogue. I deserve to though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds View Post
    It's welfare weapons + vial of skill more then rogue design itself. (The proc from trinket can do as much, if not more, burst then a full dance in itself.)

It will level out when pvp weapons are obtained by the general population.

Jk legendarys. But they're supposed to be OP, right?

And, didn't blizz want more people to roll/play their rogues?
    no, its not

those weapons are only 397. 6 ilevels above the t2 s10 weapons. and very few rogues have the vial atm

its 70% arp, coupled with 25% ms (which they did not need), and multiple stuns/kicks/silences/cooldowns

Oh so rogues can finally do some damage so let's nerf them! You should learn to peel them better.

pve gear is the only thing putting rogues over the top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    Oh so rogues can finally do some damage so let's nerf them! You should learn to peel them better.
    They don't finally do some damage. Their burst is now similar to or even better than those of other classes with a high burst. But rogues also have superior CC capabilities and defences on top of that. Rugoes atm are just superior to every other melee out there.

Yeah 2 piece bonus from the pve set is DOOMED to get nerfed, if it doesn't happen I will give up on Blizz because it's just fucked up, and to the rogue who actually defend this... dude, l2p... or rather l2 abuse the gear available from LFR and you might actually accomplish something this season.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

it's most about their very good scaling to gear and the buffed MS.

Sub is, for once, somewhat good in PvE. Don't expect changes any times soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need any class changes. The PvE equipment is the problem, not the class. Vial of shadows and the lolaxe in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    We don't need any class changes. The PvE equipment is the problem, not the class. Vial of shadows and the lolaxe in particular.
    When you say Lolaxe i'm assuming you mean MoD axe :O Does that mean people are going Combat just for it?! Or just handicapping Sub and hemo'ing their way through!
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewinter View Post
    Sub is, for once, somewhat good in PvE. Don't expect changes any times soon.
    And fun! I love refreshing dem bleeeds.

Deleted
    or rather l2 abuse the gear available from LFR
    I'm doing my best, but no luck so far, and the LFR can be like pulling teeth. Last night I spent god knows how long and didn't get through madness. Still, looking forward to random 30k crits out of nowhere trinket. As an aside to the OP, my resto druid mate who I've been playing 3's and 2's with since S8 has changed to disc priest; he just can't deal with the being gibbed the moment he doesn't have a trinket/cooldown left. In 4.2, he could make it work with the roots and cyclones most of the time, but in 4.3 any zerging melee cleave that wants to can destroy him. Now he's gone from 4.5k resil as resto to 1k as disc and is having more fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    no, its not

those weapons are only 397. 6 ilevels above the t2 s10 weapons. and very few rogues have the vial atm

its 70% arp, coupled with 25% ms (which they did not need), and multiple stuns/kicks/silences/cooldowns
    6 item levels, is 6 item levels on the class that arguably scales the most with gear. The items also have the stacking agil buff. Rogues also generally have some of the highest attack power, coming from agil and scaling with the trinket very well. Not to mention the majority of pvp rogues will not have t2 weapons, but t1. Infact, thanks to LFR, I would wager vial of skill is likely now more commen then t2 daggers, but that's neither here nor there.

This is not even considering the 2 set bonus from pve which can boost a dance even more.

The gear atm brought a class that was great, to a class that's over the top. I would like to see wound back at 10%, but I feel an Find Weakness nerf is around the corner.

I just think gear should be left to level out before the nerfs come rolling in.

I feel rogues are in a good place right now - strong but not to the point frost mages are (who've a piece of every cake that have impact in pvp). But then if you take a combination of 2 PVE set, stage 1 397 daggers and dmg proc trinket i agree it's insane, especially opener. If pve items won't get nerfed then rogues with access to heroic gear will be one of the most retarded things wow pvp ever seen. If blizz nerf sub to compensate for items it'll leave 95% rogues underpowered. So we're back to #1 issue plaguing wow arenas from BC times - overpowered items making classes OP.

Solutions:
    1. Change trinket proc scalling or proc into stat increase.
    2. Replace or nerf 2 point PVE set bonus.

But i'll place my bet on Blizzard doing nothing and PVE rogues reigning supreme this season. Too bad i can't be bothered with devoting enough time to wow to get my rogue decked in super shinies)