Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The Scroll Lock mystery . Anyway even though someone told me long time ago what it used to be for, I am too young to actually use it on my own in the intended way.

Also I've never used it in any other way because it's way, way too far from the keys I use.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Scroll lock is dead to me. The two keyboards I use don't even have it. It's taken away and delete button is twice as big thanks to it, only 5 buttons in that group now, home, end, page up n down n delete. The button is outdated. Software have functions that easily replace it's use. Mouses have buttons for it, most games and applications have some solution for it. The original button never really worked unless using a very select few programs made in windows 3.11 / 95 days.
    To me, it's not a useful button at all. It's a decade since we played with keypad. Why we keep using w,a,q,e,a,d I don't know. The location is terrible with caps-lock, tab, windows key and whatnot around. Keyboards need to be re-designed for gaming. The current layout is for writing and in some cases browsing/basic functions. Yea, special gaming keyboards are designed. Strange though, they follow the very same fail design.

actually. the "current layout" is there because everyone is used to it.
    it's not for writing, because the qwerty keyboard is not the most efficient. if you were to learn the layouts of other keyboards as well as you learned the qwerty keyboard then you would be a much faster typist for it. qwerty is what we use, and it's here to stay. just like americans are used to fahrenheit when the rest of the world uses celsius. we're stuck in our ways. that's the only reason things like scroll lock and qwerty are still here.

Deleted
    I've never used it... At all...