Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Deleted
    [QUOTE=savvasp;14789936]It's can be good for BGs , RBGs and 2v2 tbh . Pretty bad in 3v3 and 5v5 though :/[COLOR="red"]

    Not in RBGs at some decent level. Since you won't face one dispeller but at least 2-3.

  2. #22
    [QUOTE=skrikspya;14791425]
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    It's can be good for BGs , RBGs and 2v2 tbh . Pretty bad in 3v3 and 5v5 though :/[COLOR="red"]

    Not in RBGs at some decent level. Since you won't face one dispeller but at least 2-3.
    Well that is true , but considering you might have an Affliction warlock or a Shadow Priest you're all safe from dispels . And even if there aren't any I doubt most have time to dispel if there's a great deal of damage going on .

  3. #23
    [QUOTE=savvasp;14791673]
    Quote Originally Posted by skrikspya View Post

    Well that is true , but considering you might have an Affliction warlock or a Shadow Priest you're all safe from dispels . And even if there aren't any I doubt most have time to dispel if there's a great deal of damage going on .
    Enter the resto sham my friend. They can heal and dispel at the same time. As a restosham in bg's I routinely cleanse, heal, ws, and do a ton of support all at the same time. While my healing at the end may be loweer than say a druid or hhpally, my overall contribution to the team is far far more greater imo.

  4. #24
    [QUOTE=Shamygandof;14792111]
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post

    Enter the resto sham my friend. They can heal and dispel at the same time. As a restosham in bg's I routinely cleanse, heal, ws, and do a ton of support all at the same time. While my healing at the end may be loweer than say a druid or hhpally, my overall contribution to the team is far far more greater imo.
    Well in RBGs you'll either be focused down , CCed or you just can't dispel because of UA

  5. #25
    [QUOTE=savvasp;14792596]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post

    Well in RBGs you'll either be focused down , CCed or you just can't dispel because of UA
    Lol, dude destro is sh!t let's just end this ridiculous back and forth with that.

  6. #26
    [QUOTE=Shamygandof;14795649]
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post

    Lol, dude destro is sh!t let's just end this ridiculous back and forth with that.
    Why Is destro so bad now? :S

  7. #27
    [QUOTE=Shamygandof;14795649]
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post

    Lol, dude destro is sh!t let's just end this ridiculous back and forth with that.
    It's not as bad as you think it is . Believe me

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-25 at 01:48 PM ----------

    [QUOTE=pitmouse;14795753]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post

    Why Is destro so bad now? :S
    Because it doesn't have dispel protection

  8. #28
    Nah, I don't think Dispel Protection is Destruction's problem, or else we wouldn't have pwned everything in WotLK (back when we were viable). It's mostly the lack of damage caused by the ISF mechanic in my opinion, and the lack of control in exchange for some damage (imp instead of succubus/fel hunter).

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Nah, I don't think Dispel Protection is Destruction's problem, or else we wouldn't have pwned everything in WotLK (back when we were viable). It's mostly the lack of damage caused by the ISF mechanic in my opinion, and the lack of control in exchange for some damage (imp instead of succubus/fel hunter).
    Yea but back in WotLk there were only 2 magic dispells instead of 4 like now . And obviously the damage isn't as much as it was in WotLk , but it's good enough .

    And yes exchanging pet is pretty bad , but well magic dispel isn't that bad

  10. #30
    I Don't think dispell is the main problem. even when I have my immolate up the whole fight I still feel as if my warlock destro spec has been nerfed to hell.

    Like I feel like I do 0 burst damage now. wtf. I have really good gear too. full epic season 11 gear. its just sad. They did something to the spec or scaling but I dont know what. Or why?!... they werent op..

    and what do you mean by ISF mechanic? sorry, not familiar . :P

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by pitmouse View Post
    I Don't think dispell is the main problem. even when I have my immolate up the whole fight I still feel as if my warlock destro spec has been nerfed to hell.

    Like I feel like I do 0 burst damage now. wtf. I have really good gear too. full epic season 11 gear. its just sad. They did something to the spec or scaling but I dont know what. Or why?!... they werent op..

    and what do you mean by ISF mechanic? sorry, not familiar . :P
    In WotLk we were OP , really OP . But in start of Cataclysm they got nerfed like hell until recently with Patch 4.3 where we got some decent buffs and we can do some good damage

  12. #32

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by pitmouse View Post
    I Don't think dispell is the main problem. even when I have my immolate up the whole fight I still feel as if my warlock destro spec has been nerfed to hell.

    Like I feel like I do 0 burst damage now. wtf. I have really good gear too. full epic season 11 gear. its just sad. They did something to the spec or scaling but I dont know what. Or why?!... they werent op..

    and what do you mean by ISF mechanic? sorry, not familiar . :P
    ISF - Improved Soul Fire - a tedious mechanism which is difficult enough in pve to keep up due to the long cast time, let alone in pvp.
    Destruction has way too much of its utility tied to the easily dispelled immolate.
    Most of its burst, and a substantial amount of its control.
    Come MoP then conflagrate will not rely on immolate on a target, so that will certainly be a help.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-12-26 at 02:41 AM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles7458 View Post
    Isn't Affli like much better than Destro? Nice guide tho
    Yea it's better in most situations (3v3 especially) but Destruction can work pretty well in RBGs , BGs and 2v2

  15. #35
    Talbadar was playing destro/spriest/rsham at 2500 mmr like 4 days ago, so clearly destro is viable with good players.

  16. #36
    Fluffy Kitten Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotsandheals View Post
    Talbadar was playing destro/spriest/rsham at 2500 mmr like 4 days ago, so clearly destro is viable with good players.
    You sure he plays destro in arena and not affliction?
    Don't think anyone will run destro/shadow/resto over shadowplay

    Anyway, for the guide. No offense but I think people rather go watch gameplay vids of adouken and drakedog instead of watching some basics.
    Basics are useful but everyone has a different playstyle and honestly, from what I see from your spec, you like to play with an imp and making finishers as fast as possible.
    Nothing wrong with that but I really prefer both devouring and seducing over imping. The extra control is amazing and with glyph of chaosbolt ( over shadowburn) + glyph of soullink ( oer glyph of healthstone) you have increased survability, if you manage to hardcast from time to time.

    Again, I'm not saying you do it wrong but... honestly, that build aint perfect if you plan to wreck your oppenent.

  17. #37

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotsandheals View Post
    Talbadar was playing destro/spriest/rsham at 2500 mmr like 4 days ago, so clearly destro is viable with good players.
    I highly doubt he is palying destro in that comp. And even if he is, the exception never proves the rule.

  19. #39
    I think people rather go watch gameplay vids of adouken and drakedog instead of watching some basics.
    I'm sorry but I really don't see anything great in Adouken or Drakedog's videos of cataclysm. It's mostly 1v2 against really unstuffed players and/or 1v3 against some real baddies (remembering that fight in Deepholm against Dks that wouldn't even snare :/)

    What I'm trying to say is that this video is much more useful than what Adouken/Drakedog present. They're good players, but not extraordinary. Although I must admit the editing they do is amazing.

    Edit:
    Nothing wrong with that but I really prefer both devouring and seducing over imping. The extra control is amazing and with glyph of chaosbolt ( over shadowburn) + glyph of soullink ( oer glyph of healthstone) you have increased survability, if you manage to hardcast from time to time.
    Yeah, I prefer that play-style too. The imp doesn't mean anything to me, I hate him actually and don't find him interesting.
    Seduction fakecasts and Whiplash interrupts feel much more pro
    Last edited by Phoenexis; 2011-12-26 at 08:14 AM.

  20. #40
    http://www.twitch.tv/talbadar/b/303446240

    That's the VOD of spriest/destro/rsham...and azael plays with an imp, not a felhunter (to the ppl talking about it).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •