Computer restarts instead of shutting down.....

Hello there! I have an issue with my computer. For some reason it will randomly restart when I go to hit the shutdown in the menu. When it comes back on it gives me a prompt to go into safe mode or something similar. It doesnt just shut down randomly and "Crash" while I am playing WoW or anything it is ONLY when I go to shutdown the computer itself or sometimes even when I manually set it to sleep mode. It will restart itself that way as well. I am playing on windows vista (I know it sucks lol). HOpefully I can get this problem solved! It has been ongoing for some time now I just finally stopped being lazy enough to ask for help ;P

Are you actually trying to shut it down completely or sleep/hibernate?

That problem you're describing would happen if hibernate fails because HDD is full or broken.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Are you actually trying to shut it down completely or sleep/hibernate?

That problem you're describing would happen if hibernate fails because HDD is full or broken.
    The HDD should be fine it's only a month old or so at the most so. It happens when I do either of them just at random times. Sometimes it will shut down like I want it to and sometimes it'll restart instead of shutting down like I want. Same with sleep/hibernate. I go into the start menu and hit sleep/hibernate/shutdown and occassionally it will shut off like it's going to but end up restarting itself.

Tried the power options it just has options for the buttons themselves which I don't normally use to turn off the computer. They're all set to sleep when I hit any button or close the lid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulander View Post
    The HDD should be fine it's only a month old or so at the most so.
    That doesn't really mean anything. HDDs die on either first five months of their use, or after 5-6 years. All electronics have the so-called burn-in period where manufacturing defects show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulander View Post
    They're all set to sleep when I hit any button or close the lid though.
    So it is mostly sleep you use on the computer. Again make sure the HDD is fine (with scandisc at least) and there's enough space in the C-drive. At least three times the amount of your RAM (with 4GB memory you should have 12GB free to be absolutely sure you never get crashes because of disc full).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.