Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We killed it on our 10th pull using this guide (more or less).

Only difference is we had a 3rd melee so our 2nd tank got to play, and as a result needed 7/5/5/5 to meet the DPS requirement.

Pretty easy.

Can Hunters or Rogues possibly bounce orbs with Deterrence Cloak of Shadows?

Dont have access to Shadow Priests or Fire Mages.

Thanks for the guide. This had some very useful information.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to add a comment for those doing the strategy where they ignore some of the tentacles in the 3rd dark phase. This has been our strat as well, but we ran into a bug when doing it that way - sometimes when we did that a 2nd claw would spawn during the 4th dark phase in another location.

The first week of heroics we had several wipes in that 4th dark phase as we burned and the damage was crazy because of spits from a claw. We thought there was some kind of hitbox bug or are tank was screwing up or something but we ended up not killing it due to that. The next week we came in and it didn't happen and we got the kill. This week we went to repeat the kill and the 2nd claw spawned within range that we could see it about 40 yards to the left of the other claw where we stacked. My guess is the first week we had a 2nd claw as well it was just somewhere that we couldn't see it.

Anyways, the solution to that is to kill all the tentacles in the first 3 dark phases and not leave any up that 3rd time, or at least that's what worked for us. Of course that makes the enrage tighter since you have less time on the boss but its the only thing that worked for us when we ran into that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoles View Post
    Can Hunters or Rogues possibly bounce orbs with Deterrence Cloak of Shadows?

Dont have access to Shadow Priests or Fire Mages.
    AOE will hit through deterrence; no idea about cloak

Cloak doesn't work. Deterrance doesn't work. Pally bubbles don't work.

Cauterize and Dispersion are the only things I can think of at the moment that does. I'm not sure about iceblock, but I doubt it will if bubble won't.

iceblock doesn't work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Does Widow Venom work here too?
    Yes it does, using it myself. Also our Rogue makes sure Wound poison is always up on the boss.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morphling8 View Post
    We killed it on our 10th pull using this guide (more or less).

Only difference is we had a 3rd melee so our 2nd tank got to play, and as a result needed 7/5/5/5 to meet the DPS requirement.

Pretty easy.
    Depressing. We did 7/5/5/5 wiped to enrage at 13%. Did 7/7/5/5 wiped to enrage at 3%. Tried 7/7/7/5 and wiped before we ever got to last phase. what a night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    Depressing. We did 7/5/5/5 wiped to enrage at 13%. Did 7/7/5/5 wiped to enrage at 3%. Tried 7/7/7/5 and wiped before we ever got to last phase. what a night.
    Yeah, it's a dick of a boss, will feel great when you finally kill it.

If DPS is an issue just make sure that you're making sure you're doing everything you can to DPS the boss during the black phase (multidotters are sick here, shadowpriest can do like 50k dps during black phase), and if healers are having a hard time keeping you up just try and save some cds for the final black phase.

Thanks for the nice explanations; at the moment we are wiping because we cannot kill all eyes when the voidball spawns :/
    Mostly one/two alive.
    And clawtentacle is at arount 25% when the phase ends. Is this ok? We only have one rogue blade flurrying the tentacle.

@Aeiri
    Just keep throwing attempts at him, perhaps with a couple small adjustments to setup or something. Do you bring an MS-effect? It's pretty huge on that fight. If you hit enrage at 3% with 7/7/5/5, you should be able to kill him with slightly better gear or after your DPSers have learned to fully maximize their deeps in every phase.

@Draeblin
    It's fine if you still have 1-2 eyes up, preferably the claw should be dead but it's not a big deal since the boss should be tanked next to it anyway and the meele/rogue can just continue to cleave them both.
    Last edited by damz2969; 2011-12-23 at 12:30 AM.

I wanted to add a comment for those doing the strategy where they ignore some of the tentacles in the 3rd dark phase. This has been our strat as well, but we ran into a bug when doing it that way - sometimes when we did that a 2nd claw would spawn during the 4th dark phase in another location.
    Which adds did you ignore when a second claw spawned? When we were first learning the fight, the second claw seemed to only spawn when we left a flail up. We've never seen a second claw spawn when flails were killed (even if eyes were left up).

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    Cloak doesn't work. Deterrance doesn't work. Pally bubbles don't work.

Cauterize and Dispersion are the only things I can think of at the moment that does. I'm not sure about iceblock, but I doubt it will if bubble won't.
    Cheat Death, if you absolutely need your sub rogue to spec into it works, as does Argent Defender and... that priest buff (the name is eluding me).
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Two questions: What heroic did you do second? What's the addon that announces you have disrupting shadows? I know DBM usually has something like that but I can't find the option for it for this specific mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Two questions: What heroic did you do second? What's the addon that announces you have disrupting shadows? I know DBM usually has something like that but I can't find the option for it for this specific mechanic.
    We went Yor'sahj second, then Zon'ozz > Hagara > Ultraxion, and the addon announcing disrupting shadows is BigWigs.

Guardian spirit will allow anyone to single bounce a ball as well.

Deleted
    Nabish question,but given that we have to get 3 melee instead of 2 ,how would you assign them(enh shaman,kitty druid and arms warrior) for black phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanath View Post
    We went Yor'sahj second, then Zon'ozz > Hagara > Ultraxion, and the addon announcing disrupting shadows is BigWigs.
    If you had to do them again, in any order, which order would you pick to maximise your progression?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by powter View Post
    Nabish question,but given that we have to get 3 melee instead of 2 ,how would you assign them(enh shaman,kitty druid and arms warrior) for black phase?
    I'd probably put the arms warrior on the claw, the enhance shaman on Eye3>Claw and the kitty together with 1 ranged for the yellow group, since he has got good mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    If you had to do them again, in any order, which order would you pick to maximise your progression?
    Difficulty wise in 10HC from easiest to hardest I'd probably say Morchok > Yor'sahj > Ultraxion > or = Zon'ozz/Hagara, with the last 3 varying quite a bit depending on your guild and setup. Though I don't think we would have done anything different, as they are pretty close in difficulty. And doing a boss on normal to go for the next boss on heroic might end up with you killing the next boss faster than anticipated, and then you can't go back to the previous boss which would suck.
    Last edited by damz2969; 2011-12-23 at 10:01 PM.