Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I can confirm that there is some bug that causes a second claw to randomly spawn when we left eyes up from previous phase. I can't say if it was a fail or eye since I'm a healer and don't really pay attention to that, but our usual strat is to leave 2 eyes up on 3rd black, so I would assume its that.

I think its more just a bug rather than blizzards attempt stop players from circumventing mechanics. I also believe the way the debuffs interact do not work as intended when leaving eyes up as the damage during the fourth black phase always seems to be less than others, though it just may be a result of stronger healing power from bloodlust + everyone remaining stacked for the duration.

What melee do you suggest help out ranged: frost dk, combat rogue (obv not... claw cleaves are sick) and ret pally. I was thinking frost DK for the AMS but idk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    If you had to do them again, in any order, which order would you pick to maximise your progression?
    As I see it (playing 10m with alt 4/8 hc progression atm) Zon'ozz takes alot of your healers (depending on tank you can go 9-5-5-5 bounces got a dk with 250k hp buffed tanking it), Hagara alot of execution from all players aswell as some good dps healing,
    And ultraxion is huge dps check and healing check. We're currently stuck on ultraxion due to healers not being able to keep up with healing for last 40s or so and won't
    kill it for a while due to damn xmas and new year

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    We're currently stuck on ultraxion due to healers not being able to keep up with healing for last 40s or so and won't
    kill it for a while due to damn xmas and new year
    gear up dps more, make sure you BL straightaway, and if one healer goes out while you cast BL he won't get it and can save for the end (recomment whoever doesnt take blue), also 2 healers if ur not doing already, sort a cd rotation for the last minute or so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Which adds did you ignore when a second claw spawned? When we were first learning the fight, the second claw seemed to only spawn when we left a flail up. We've never seen a second claw spawn when flails were killed (even if eyes were left up).
    We would stack on the claw in the black phase and our ranged would kill the adds within range, so it was 1 flail and 3 eyes that we killed, which would leave up another flail that spawns farther away as well as a few eyes so you could be right that only a flail being up causes that bug although when we figured that leaving adds up might be causing it we just killed them all so I couldn't say for sure.

Deleted
    A nice guide which I'll be forewarding on to my guild, thanks for taking the time to make this and sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    What melee do you suggest help out ranged: frost dk, combat rogue (obv not... claw cleaves are sick) and ret pally. I was thinking frost DK for the AMS but idk.
    We killed it with somewhat similar raid comp our first time (warrior instead of pally). We sit rogue on the claw, then sent both melee to eye 3, who would then go to eye 4 then 5. Meanwhile the ranged would kill eye 4 from blue, then head over and kill the flail, then eye 5 (if the melee haven't finished it off already).

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 09:37 AM ----------

For our guild I would have redone them Morchok->Zonozz->Yor'sahj->Hagara->Ultraxion.

We had a far easier time with Zonozz than Yor'sahj. I mean instead of figuring out 6 slime combinations (really 3-4 once you kill one), you figure out how to do black phase. Took us 10 pulls on our first Zonozz and probably 25 on Yor'sahj. Hagara is just buggy IMO, the frost debuff calculates incorrectly so shattering ice can easily kill people with 2-4 stacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morphling8 View Post
    Hagara is just buggy IMO, the frost debuff calculates incorrectly so shattering ice can easily kill people with 2-4 stacks.
    Got a shaman? Use grounding totem on it

Deleted
    Hi, thanks a lot for this guide !

Quick question - I noticed that at the end of each light phase, the boss goes back to the centre (red) and is then pulled back to the blue spot a few secs into the dark phase - wasnt sure if him going back to centre is an automatic part of the encounter or whether he was intentionally taken there and then back to blue. Please can you clarify why this is done (if intentional)?
    Last edited by mmoc0e92a07ebe; 2011-12-30 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuk View Post
    Hi, thanks a lot for this guide !

Quick question - I noticed that at the end of each light phase, the boss goes back to the centre (red) and is then pulled back to the blue spot a few secs into the dark phase - wasnt sure if him going back to centre is an automatic part of the encounter or whether he was intentionally taken there and then back to blue. Please can you clarify why this is done (if intentional)?
    so we can cleave the boss and the claw
    combat rogue is awesome here, just pop blade flurry and attack boss, deal increased damage to claw+boss

Deleted
    thanks but does the boss need to go to the centre again or can he just stay at blue pls?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuk View Post
    thanks but does the boss need to go to the centre again or can he just stay at blue pls?
    He can just stay at blue and ranged stack in the centre instead, check the kill video in the OP to see it in action

What Nuk is asking about is when the boss enters the dark phase, he automatically goes back to the centre before he can be moved to the blue mark. This is just an automatic mechanic of the fight and nothing you can do about, you should just ignore it and the tank and meele assigned to the claw just need to start attacking it and eventually the boss will run over there too. After the darkphase you continue tanking him there until he automatically runs back to the centre again.

Don't combat rogues have the 25% healing debuff with wounding poison? Why need an MS warrior or Hunter pet? Sorry I don't play a rogue so I apologize if I'm wrong.

Deleted
    Yes exactly - just wanted to know if that bit was automatic ! Great thanks !

you forgot to mention eyes can be interupted :P

its a lot less damage when you keep interupting the eyes so get your mage/melee interupting the eyes(obviously close ones only lol)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Combat rogues do have 25% healing debuff with poison, but it would lower their personal dps by quite a lot so it's better to bring someone else with it.

Didn't know the eyes could be interrupted, that is definitely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanath View Post
    @Timoseewho: all 25% healing reductions should work
    Just so you know they are now -10% healing reductions. I verified this in our logs, they reduced his Psychic Drain healing by 10%.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

We go with 11 bounces (even though that last one don't give you any benefit) and then 5 on the rest. You can bounce the orb between the groups and if the melee group is at max melee range both groups will soak the AoE, making it pretty trivial up until the last 2-3 bounces.