Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, we've been doing a days worth of work for the last 3 weeks on this boss and it has become pretty painful.

Raid comp:
    Tank: Pally
    Healers: Resto Druid, Shaman, Pally
    DPS: Frost DK, Rogue, 2x Fire Mage, Lock, Boomkin

We do basically what the guide says. Then anytime we get to the dark phase or shortly thereafter, people just die from either the room ae, or tank is dead, etc... We've barely managed to hang in there to a second dark phase. We have a healer (Druid) going to yellow with 2 range after everybody kills the 2 eyes at blue. The other 2 range head down to purple with the shammy. While we keep the rogue on claw/boss and the DK helps with the yellows eye mob. Getting the adds down isn't the issue but healers are constantly near out of mana. We're downing all the Flails first then eyes. The pally can't deal with healing the tank and the 2 melee even though we had a sub in last week for them and they could (same class).

We've tried everything from changing assignments, changing order of kills, having people focus more than they should on interrupts and so on yet we're just not surviving at all. And this is with a druid doing 23k hps while the shammy and pally are only pulling 13k hps. Personally I take those numbers with a huge grain of salt but this is getting more than frustrating anymore. And all this only doing 5-5-5-3. We tried 7 for the first phase which never ended well at all. Is it just a matter of the healers playing poorly or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    So, we've been doing a days worth of work for the last 3 weeks on this boss and it has become pretty painful.

Raid comp:
    Tank: Pally
    Healers: Resto Druid, Shaman, Pally
    DPS: Frost DK, Rogue, 2x Fire Mage, Lock, Boomkin

We do basically what the guide says. Then anytime we get to the dark phase or shortly thereafter, people just die from either the room ae, or tank is dead, etc... We've barely managed to hang in there to a second dark phase. We have a healer (Druid) going to yellow with 2 range after everybody kills the 2 eyes at blue. The other 2 range head down to purple with the shammy. While we keep the rogue on claw/boss and the DK helps with the yellows eye mob. Getting the adds down isn't the issue but healers are constantly near out of mana. We're downing all the Flails first then eyes. The pally can't deal with healing the tank and the 2 melee even though we had a sub in last week for them and they could (same class).

We've tried everything from changing assignments, changing order of kills, having people focus more than they should on interrupts and so on yet we're just not surviving at all. And this is with a druid doing 23k hps while the shammy and pally are only pulling 13k hps. Personally I take those numbers with a huge grain of salt but this is getting more than frustrating anymore. And all this only doing 5-5-5-3. We tried 7 for the first phase which never ended well at all. Is it just a matter of the healers playing poorly or what?
    13k from two of your three healers seems little more than half of what they should be doing. We do this with a Holy Paladin, Disc Priest, and Resto Druid; all doing 26, 25, 24k HPS respectively. Cooldowns are also very well coordinated for each black phase as well as tank cooldowns and externals on the tank when the stacks get too high. You didn't mention anything about your cooldown rotation for the black phase, but from what information you did provide, your Shaman and Paladin healers are not doing nearly enough.

And...his is for 10 man nevermind.
    Last edited by Fliponovic; 2012-01-25 at 06:38 AM.

This is a great presentation

Deleted
    Thanks. Under 3 hours on progress with this guide and we got a clean kill

Special request: Make a guide for gunship please!

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Thanks. Under 3 hours on progress with this guide and we got a clean kill

Special request: Make a guide for gunship please!
    Hehe, nice to hear it helped.

I might consider making a gunship guide. I suppose with the 5% nerf coming there will be quite a lot of guilds who will clear 5/8 then get stuck there for a while. Ill see if I can find the time to make one within next week!

I have a question about increasing DPS. I run this instance on my Enhance spec but the running is killing my dps. I tried to do it on my elemental spec but without shamanistic rage, I was dying to quick. How do elemental shamans survive the black phase? How do Enhancement keep above 30k dps? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nice guide btw.