Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Holy Radiance is taking healer spots.

Holy Radiance is way too strong. My guild is starting to replace as many healers as possible with Holy pallys because right now they are the strongest tank healer AND raid healer. Does anyone else feel like it is the better version of Prayer of Healing?

U jelly? its about time paladins were buffed all the way ...

Post constructively please. -Arlee
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-12-21 at 08:09 PM.

They took our ideas on how to fix PoH and gave it to the class that needed it lest. All jokeing aside it sounds like either your guild is gimping themselves.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    it is a mana hog, plain-n-simple. And anyone honestly sacrificing the utility and diversity of other healers is in the wrong. My raid comp for our 10m is 2-3 healers and usually they are 1 holy pal, 1 resto sham and either 1 resto dru or 1 holy priest. I prefer the different raid cooldowns etc of 3 different class healers. Holy radiance is a front loaded direct heal on the target, and a small 3 sec, 3 tick hot on nearby targets which diminishes its effectiveness past the nearest w/in 6yds of the initial target. Its not THAT great. Holy pally's are still my preference for tank heals, but def not for raid healing if I have the option of taking resto dru / holy priest / resto shammy.

Friend Holy Priest solo'd Ultraxion normal last night at 51k hps(world first for holy priest). Then in our group, his guildie Holy pally did it at 61.k hps(world 9th for holy pally). I don't think any boss should be solo healable and feel they should all be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Posseidon View Post
    U jelly? its about time paladins were buffed all the way ...
    Very informative post.

Back to the issue, HR is pretty strong right now but I don't see it replacing other healers. In 25m shamans are still very strong and priests bring CDs that are helpful if used right. Druids on the other hand may be slightly getting the shaft right now. However, unless your going for H modes I feel it's still better for a raid (10 or 25) to bring a mix of heals rather then stack a certain class.

Deleted
    If you have skill you can easily be as good as pallies. Priest might have it a little harder to catch up than maybe druids/shaman especially in AoE, but its doable.
    And then there are the buffs/raidbuffs by disco/holy priest that are not replaceable...

And radiance is useless in pvp now, figures.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me, the buff to HR is WAY too strong. Yes, I play a resto druid, and were usualy on top of healing done. Then the HR buff and WG nerf came and now I don't stand a chance against Holy Paladins when it comes to aoe healing, like on madness or Ultraxion (Basicaly any other boss where you have to stack up). Also, our pally just got his 4p T13, so now he's even stronger. If you ask me, HR should and probably will recieve a nerf in the comming weeks, it's way too good. He don't even have any mana issues when it almost feels like he is constantly using it, AND healing the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    it is a mana hog, plain-n-simple. And anyone honestly sacrificing the utility and diversity of other healers is in the wrong. My raid comp for our 10m is 2-3 healers and usually they are 1 holy pal, 1 resto sham and either 1 resto dru or 1 holy priest. I prefer the different raid cooldowns etc of 3 different class healers. Holy radiance is a front loaded direct heal on the target, and a small 3 sec, 3 tick hot on nearby targets which diminishes its effectiveness past the nearest w/in 6yds of the initial target. Its not THAT great. Holy pally's are still my preference for tank heals, but def not for raid healing if I have the option of taking resto dru / holy priest / resto shammy.
    It's not just a direct heal on one target, it's a direct heal on all players within 10 yards of the target (diminishes past 6) PLUS the hot component which IMO makes it the most potent granting you the ability to get it rolling on multiple targets who in turn start healing each other. The spell is indeed a mana hog but combined with DW+DF (and hero just for super WTFness) I dare say it is almost as potent as tranquility as far as pure healing throughput goes.

It is a bit annoying of a spell tho in 25 mans as unless you are specifically healing the tank it becomes an outrageously attractive spell. I am awaiting a nerf for the spell but for the time being it's "fun".

As far as your raid stacking holydins, I feel like that would be more of a hinderance than anything as like others have said you loose out on the utility of things like Raid bubble, tranq and the SL.

Pepizaur: "Who are you to judge?"
    Brinsley: "Well I'm a paladin, I judge things all the time"

Every top end guild is stacking holy paladins. Pretty sure the raid comps look something like, three Holy Pallies, one shaman, two disc or 1disc/1holy, and the holy can be replaced by a holy pally. I barely, BARELY stay ahead of my holy pallys because they are assigned to raid heal. Why should spamming ONE spell allow them to do more throughput than anyone else? It needs to be limited to a player cap. It can only heal 6 people at most.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a Holy Paladin, I agree. Holy Radiance should be nerfed into the ground as should all Healer AOE.

T13 is a joke; it's a mindless AOE spam fest. They took all of the meaningful choices that we had away and left us with "spam your AOE spell or your raid will die".
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I mostly have a problem with Holy Pallys being the best tank healers and now also the best aoe healers. It is way too strong...

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Why should spamming ONE spell allow them to do more throughput than anyone else?
    If you are spamming Holy Radiance you are doing something completly wrong, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmp View Post
    If you are spamming Holy Radiance you are doing something completly wrong, just sayin'.
    No... they aren't. Holy Pallys are being assigned to raid healing now because of how ridiculously strong Holy Radiance is. Therefore they only need to press that button. Just sayin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    look at worldoflogs.com healing ranks for 25 heroic. 86.6~% is paladin

If you're guild is stacking holy paladins, they're bound to not be successful.
    Priests have some of the best CD's out there, along with Druids.
    I can't vouch for shaman, since I've seen high end guilds completely boot them out, but with their SL totem, and the buff the got to healing, I can see them (if they're not already) becoming top end healers, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    If you're guild is stacking holy paladins, they're bound to not be successful.
    Priests have some of the best CD's out there, along with Druids.
    I can't vouch for shaman, since I've seen high end guilds completely boot them out, but with their SL totem, and the buff the got to healing, I can see them (if they're not already) becoming top end healers, once again.
    Pallys have great CD's too. Aura mastery is very strong. Along with Guardian.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 03:51 PM ----------

Most of this is without them even having the +5% from four piece.... like holy god...

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    No... they aren't. Holy Pallys are being assigned to raid healing now because of how ridiculously strong Holy Radiance is. Therefore they only need to press that button. Just sayin'.
    Raid healing does not mean you will only press Holy Radiance, but I feel I am getting trolled so I wont get into details on how to AoE heal as a Paladin.