"The code has already been used." - Error

I was going to try and make a thread in the sw:tor CS forum, but apparently my account doesnt have the ability to do so.

Anyway... I put in the pre-order code just fine, but the digital code for the game itself does not work.

I first put in the code and got an error that said to try again later, so I tried again later and now it says, "The code has already been used." I was hoping it was for my own account, but it doesnt show up on my account page as being able to subscribe yet. I am positive the code was for the game as it says, "By redeeming this code, you are now registered for the following:
    STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition"

Anybody else having issues or know of a way to resolve it? I doubt I want to try calling CS as they probably have a several hour wait time.

hey what happend in the end?
    I'v got the same problem..just got the game 2day..opened it and redeemed the code..says its already been used..

what is going on ???:S

Realistically, Bioware's customer service is going to be much more helpful than MMO Champion's customer service.

Same happened to me, till I saw that they did send me two codes.

The first preorder I got a few days ago from "Orders" and it was the the preorder code, but then two days ago they sent me the actual real code. Email was from "orders" as well.

The codes were VERY similar, so at first I just glanced at the actual code thinking it was just the preorder code again.

Yeah.. i gues..thought if anybody had a clue did the retard shop scam me somehow.. or is it known issues? :/

I just redeemed my code just fine. Here's what I did
    I logged in, went to my account, clicked the redeem option, then i opened a new tab and went to my email.
    Origin sent out multiple emails to my account. One email had a code to start early game access. THIS is not the code for redeeming.
    The Origin email i received with my actual digital code was entitled "Origin - Product ready for order # blah blah blah"
    and IN that email i found my code. That is your redeem code

I hope this helps!

well i bought in a local shop in town so doubt ill be getting any emails.. :/ (i bought normal pack not digital )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinez View Post
    well i bought in a local shop in town so doubt ill be getting any emails.. :/ (i bought normal pack not digital )
    You entered the code from inside your cd case? If it comes up as code already in use either contact Bioware's customer service, and sit on the phone for hours, or go back to the store and tell them and they should switch your game for you. There really is no excuse for a physical game code to have been used twice unless there was some sort of error with Bioware's system or the store.

if you can call their tech suport or billing department that will probably help you more than comeing here. there are a couple things that could have happend.
    The code could have only goten partway through the system due to trafic load so its flaged as used but not acctualy attached to an account. While this is unlikely if it did happen the CS department should be able to track that down.
    You got a code that was a duplicate of another one in a different box. Agian unlikely but agian thats something you need to work out with their CS department
    You mistyped the code. I'll presume you've tried a couple times but if not try agian and make particular note of caps lock key. I've had a few case sensitive CD keys go bonkers on me in the past due to that. Also watch for the leter O and the number 0.
    and for the really unlikely option someone else fatfingered their code when typeing and somehow entered yours instead. This is the golden BB option but hey anythings possible.
    you could also pick your favorite conspiracy theory and blame them for your code not working but nobody's gonna believe that one.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    You entered the code from inside your cd case? If it comes up as code already in use either contact Bioware's customer service, and sit on the phone for hours, or go back to the store and tell them and they should switch your game for you. There really is no excuse for a physical game code to have been used twice unless there was some sort of error with Bioware's system or the store.
    yeap inside..looked unopend >_<

Customer support i would call but honestly scared of gazilion euros bill :< Might send them email regarding this, tho doubtful that would help much.

On a side note..i did call the shop they said they got alot of complaints bout these game cd key(seems i'm not alone in this problem)
    Respons was also i should wait 3 days, and then they will fix it (how i dont know -.-)

Angry Still waiting

Preordered in September, played some beta, played early access then never got an email with a code. I look around the web and see I can get the Origin client and get the code, I do that and code has been used. I call sit on hold with SWTOR support for 30 minutes then they say they need me to send an email if that is the error... 4 days later not so much as a peep from them. Sent the email, I've requested them call me back through Origin customer support, I am jsut sitting here with a preordered digital deluxe copy of a game I can't play. So very pissed off. Got a bunchof old friends from wow playing and had some time granted to me by the wife to play, and I can't do crap.

SWTOR was smart in not allowing users without active accounts to post on the forums, before the "grace period" there was 35 pages of people with this issue, now no one can post if they don't have a good key.

Anyone else having this issue get fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Anybody else having issues or know of a way to resolve it? I doubt I want to try calling CS as they probably have a several hour wait time.
    It was ~50 minute wait time for me when I called around 7:30PM CST today.
    ಠ_ಠ

I've bought a digital standard edition code from a local reseller, and it says the code was already used. And yes, swtor.com forums are not available for me to post.
    Here's what i did: i called the support by phone (because email support was taking days), a droid by the name of Hiro asked me a bunch of questions and sent me an email, to which i replied with a photo of my code. Hiro said he forwarded the titcket to a specialized team.
    I'm waiting for an email with a fix now, this can go for days, apparently ;/
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Quote Originally Posted by calibro View Post
    I've bought a digital standard edition code from a local reseller, and it says the code was already used. And yes, swtor.com forums are not available for me to post.
    Here's what i did: i called the support by phone (because email support was taking days), a droid by the name of Hiro asked me a bunch of questions and sent me an email, to which i replied with a photo of my code. Hiro said he forwarded the titcket to a specialized team.
    I'm waiting for an email with a fix now, this can go for days, apparently ;/
    Next you get the email saying your fault is resolved with no further information, ticket closed, but the code still doesn't work. So you email them back to say it's not resolved and you get an automated response saying they have opened a ticket....