Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I accept boomchickn's explanation and congratulate him on his trap. While he starts walking away, I start to pull out my pistol. Hands shaking, I raise it, aiming it at boomchickn. I start pulling the trigger, when I drop the gun. I think "Damn fool! Should have shot him and been done with it!" but then a sudden thought rushes in, saying "I am NOT a fool! He, manofmagic and archangel have helped me! I may not even be alive without them!" I start patrolling the perimeter, needing to do something productive.

I come back with a backpack loaded with stuff. Among them:

A lever, a plate, some screws, a spool of thread, two break action .72 caliber bear rifles with ammunition specially carved and drilled for the trap, and a couple folding tables.

I see the dwarf lover and wave, apologizing for the trap again. Zombie apocalypses turn people paranoid, and with good reason... one slip and everything you work for is gone.
    In the front of the barricade, I set the tables and mount the rifles on each of them. I cut the thread to identical lengths, and tie them to the triggers. I then head to the rooftop and attach the lever, tieing the threads to a spot near the handle. This will cause each rifle to fire at the exact same time. I check if the blade can slide through each bullet, it does. Good. Then I place the bullets in each rifle at a precise angle, the notches pointing towards the other rifle. Then I extend the blade and fit it in both barrels. I then hang papers warning anyone alive about the trap... zombies can't read after all... lambs to the slaughter.

If another horde is coming, we have a trap that can clean them all out in one fell swoop, at least everything in the path heading towards the cabin.

Preparations preparations preparations...

I throw up my hood and head back out, to see what else might be outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see boomchickn return, and wave back. I finger the detonator in my pocket, but fight the impulse. I realize my pacing is pointless. We haven't seen or heard any zombies for days! I head back to the house, and see boomchickn walking out. I ask him if he found anything useful on his trip.
    Last edited by Rigimi44; 2012-01-14 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Spelling

I point off to the blade trap as I leave, scouting for any zombies that may be coming our way. Given the time it's been... we might be needing it soon. Back in the city this has happened before, no zombies for a day or two then a massive horde the next. The aluminum framed device begins to come to my mind again... Desperate times call for desperate measures, we may need it again soon enough.

News from my scavenging trip... still few zombies left in the city, easily dispatched, likely that most were caught in the fires from our lasering on the way out... The thought of doing that again makes me anxious. I don't want a grass fire reaching the forest.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-01-14 at 01:17 AM.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decide to tag along with boomchickn. After all, if we come back to zombies everywhere, I can always use the detonator... I run to the house, pick up some guns and run in the direction boomchickn went.

Might as well. As we head out, there is little in the hills. Even the military is gone. Completely deserted! Either something strange is going on or everything really is dead...

Off in the distance I see a black painted humvee rolling down the roads, armored to the point you could call it an APC, patrolling the city outskirts. Then one of the big, developed zombies comes out charging it, only to have its head explode within seconds of it emerging as the guy on the turret mount swivels around and fires a shot. We don't have to worry about those guys so long as you don't attack them, in which case if you do, you are fucked.

Looking throughout the city in my scope, there is nothing. The fires have burned out by now and stopped at the barriers, leaving a husk of the former city.

Nothing...
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the display of the zombie getting owned, and come to the same conclusion as boomchickn. I ask to take a look through the scope and see the city for the first time after the outbreak. I see how burnt and destroyed it is, and ask how this happened. Surely zombies are not capable of such destruction! I also suggest the idea of getting some of the military gear, or perhaps joining with them.

To the burned city... A high powered infrared satellite laser. Tyrael managed to find a dead soldier with a strange device built primarily out of aluminum. She brought it over to me while I was working in a steel factory to improve some of our weapons, and I was trying to figure out what it did. During our escape I ended up using it on the core of the city at max power, cleaning everything out. In about a three blocks radius, everything turned red hot as the laser landed and then the fires did the rest.

The military men... I show the dwarf lover my armored robes and explain that they came from these same people. I warned them before the laser came down and they got in bunkers before it landed. They have some pretty fantastic engineers, including one of my old friends from a long time ago. They are spread quite thin at the moment and can't take in everyone, however I can call in a favor from them every once in a while, however it must be repaid later. These were probably the people that used that blade device to decapitate so many zombies at once.

Just then I hear fast, light footsteps coming up behind. A jumper... I pull out one of my blades out of my robe and spin around taking a backhand slash at it, managing to strike it right in the neck and feeling the jolt as the blade met the bone. It flies off to the side, stunned from the strike, I jump on it and repeatedly strike to at least keep it down until I can think of a way to kill it completely. If worse comes to worse I can keep it in place for its lifespan to run out... Just then the blade went through like a hot knife through butter, cutting the head clean off. Must have hit a disc... At least now I know not EVERYTHING in these damn things is invincible. Their bones have a strange metallic structure capable of withstanding hacksaws and even drills. It is quite fantastic... provided they aren't trying to eat your face. I stab it through the eyes to make sure the brain is destroyed. They have a habit of getting back up when they shouldn't.

Besides the sporadic zombies there isn't really anything to see out here. We should head back.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to burnt city explanation... I look at boomchickn with wide eyes, and being a hermit I remark how much things have changedlike weapons and things.

In regards to armored men/military explanation... I examine the armored robes and make a comment on how it could be useful to have such powerful friends in this situation.

I see the jumper attack boomchickn and stand silent, stunned by the sheer power of the zombie. I try to help boomchickn, but with the amount of movement I have a better chance of hitting him then the zombie. Once boomchickn finishes and kills the zombie, I congratulate him on good work and say how useful that blade is.

On our way back, I begin to rethink my decisions. I come to the conclusion that boomchickn is too valuable, and without him I would only last 2 days. I decide to abandon my plan and help fight off the zombies!

I was an engineer before all this, specifically with weapons and military technology. Guess that knowledge has become quite useful now eh?

I also show the dwarf lover the second blade on the other side. With two of them you can do a lot of damage. Skewer them on one hand just to cut their head clean off with the other. And with the way they are wielded you can apply a ton of force with them.

As we head back to the cabin, I begin to hear footsteps underneath, perhaps in the tunnels that the dwarf lover mentioned? They are too fast and heavy to be any of the zombies, besides, it sounds like two hard surfaces, nothing a zombie could wear.. Then voices, "Well it seems they are attracted to heat..."
    "The more you know... A whole damn city turns red hot and then zombies are swarming in from the whole state!"
    "The patrols... the horde is too far off to be seen yet. We need to warn them."
    "Well we need to get going then."

We need to meet with these guys, they know the situation better than we do. I climb up the ladder over the trap and run inside.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-01-16 at 02:34 AM.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I look at the blade fondly and silently wish I had one.

As soon as I hear the voices, I come to the same conclusion as boomchickn. They could help us, because since archangel has disappeared it is just the 2 of us! I run and follow him.

We meet up with the men shortly in to the tunnels, they are wearing the same armor as the guys out in the humvee. They explain the situation that zombies are closing in from within ten miles of the blast, towards the source of the heat. And by now the buildings have mostly cooled off, so they will be easily distracted and will go towards any living. Some even made their ways in to the tunnels and are also coming through there. They also mention... explosives? stockpiled in the tunnels? And a radio detonator? I look at the dwarf lover.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make a quick mental desision. All of it. Everything. I explain the whole story. How my 2 personalities are fighting for control. How I planed on blowing up this area and killing boomchickn up until recently. And then, I tell them about my infection.

I raise the sleeve on my left arm to show everyone the bite mark. It is full of blood and oozing. I explain how shortly before boomchickn, manofmagic and archangel came a zombie got to me. I only expect to live a few more days and plan on going down in a blaze of glory, defending my new friends.

I look at the wound... The two special zombies have an incredibly fast turnaround, only three hours for the jumpers and about ten for the developed zombies. Odd. Then one of the men cut in.

"This is a bad event, but a good sign, it shows a trend of degeneration in the virus, that it becomes slower and slower as it goes."
    I respond "Wait, how do you know this?"
    "We were at the source, how we got our hands on all of this technology... We were the military guards of the facility where all of this began. One of the technicians began to explain how they would all break free within a day and trying to get rid of them immediately would get us all killed. We took all of the staff in to the bomb shelters nearby and took cover, waiting for them to leave. All of the engineers and scientists were under our guard, so we had all the knowledge at our fingertips. We worked together in the aftermath to create the weapons and armor needed to fight these things... A daunting task, one mark from the source zombies and you would have become one of them. These "Jumpers" you call are made from the source strain of the virus, and any they infect become the normal zombies that make up the masses. The developed zombies, which I call tramplers, are a result of a rare mutation. The activity of the source zombies is incredible compared to the mass zombies, both in latent infection period and activity after turning. Their marks would cause someone to turn within six hours, then from those zombies, twelve, from those, twenty. And now, up to a hundred or more."
    "Well well well... we might just have enough time to get this cure running... I know how to make the cure, but the supplies I need are out in the city."
    "Wait, you have the goddamn cure!?"
    "A part of it. It needs enzymes from the patient to be replicated. The base is a catalyst to accelerate the process tenfold, allowing the viruses to be broken down incredibly fast before they can do any damage."
    "Well then we better get going. The zombies will be closing in ... ... soon..." He looks off out the window.

I see the zombies and look at the dwarf lover "What may seem insane at one moment is brilliant at another..."
    The man speaks again "A feeling I know all too well, hit the detonator, there are probably more down there than there are up here, which is a fucking lot."

I run up to the roof "I can get rid of most of the horde in one shot, they just need to get close"

Hmph... tramplers... I like the name, very fitting.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    (I want to kill this character off so I think I will do it soon)

While boomchickn and the men are talking, I stare off into the distance and do what I do best: think. I develop a plan of action. Front lines fighting with my trust shotgun and maybe a blade or two, and then when we are almost overwhelmed, I will get the others to a safe distance and press the button. Easy. One movement. And it will all be over...

I feel a sharp stab of pain in my arm. I frown and try not to cry out. I peel back my sleeve some more and my arm is almost transparent. My veins are easily seen, and the blood and pus is getting worse. At that moment I realize that I do not have much time. As the others mobilize, I grab my shotgun, an assault rifle, a blade and ammo. I sling the assault rifle strap accross my back, strap the blade to my waist and head out with my shotgun.

Emerging from the house, I see the zombies. There are at least a hundred above ground. About a third of them are special zombies. They surround the clearing, making no movement. I slowly walk towards them, and when I am about 30ft away, I unsling the assault rifle. I raise it to my shoulder, and start blasting. As soon as I fire the first shot, they charge me. I mow down a bunch, then start shooting them with my shotgun. As I clear a small group, I see more behind. As me and the zombies come close, I pull out my blade and start killing zombies in a whirlwind of steel and limbs. Looking back, I see the others defending the house from the zombies coming from the tunnels.

I draw the zombies close to where I know the explosives are. I pump them full of lead, fighting tooth and nail to survive. A man with nothing to lose is dangerous.

I fire the trap as the dwarf lover is outside of its field of destruction, with a loud "bang" the blade flies forward, killing at least twenty five of the zombies at once. I then grab my rifle and start picking off the zombies one by one with rapid shots. Just like before... I notice the jumpers and pull a blade. A half inch above the collarbone is the sweet spot... I dodge one as it leaps at me and impale it, kick it off, and decapitate it just as it gets back up. From below I hear a shout "Hurry the hell up, I can't hold these guys off all day, the corpses are starting to jam the door shut already!"
    I hear the other man mutter "Feel like a fifth wheel... I am a marksman, not a brawler, I can't fight here..."
    "Bah! You will have your time once we get out of the forest!"
    I get to the entrance to the cabin and begin shooting the zombies as they come to the doorway, and decapitating any jumpers that come through. Just then the ground begins to rumble and one of the men chuckles.
    "HAH! Another trampler! They always show up at the perfect times! I got this. Keep the tunnels under control for me." He dashes out the doorway. I see the way he stood and see exactly what will happen... He was the same guy from back in the city that did this. He stood there, taunting it. Then he took a stance, and as the trampler was about eight feet from him, he ran forward, jumped to the side, caught the leg... stuck the back... climbed up... and managed to stab it in the neck without a need to kick it.

Another forty down. Trampled underfoot.

Then sounds at the tunnel door take my attention... there was a wall of corpses that began to break free. He was serious about the pileup. I draw my second blade and begin cutting them down once again.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-01-19 at 01:40 AM.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the others start to go through to the tunnels, I begin drawing the zombies back. I hear gunfire from underground, and smile. I use this as a guide to where they are. My assault rifle jams after taking down 15 zombies, so I throw it away and grab my blade. I dance and twirl around, severing limbs and heads. The zombies surrond me in a cone, constantly running at me. A jumper jumps at me, and while I swing my blade, it rips it from my hands. I unsling my shotgun and blast its head off. I am almost back at my house now. The sound of gunfire from below has gotten faint, so I know it is almost time. I throw my last grenade, clearing a whole pack. My back almost touching the house, I pull out the detonator. I pray that the others have cleared the blast zone. I gather my strength, and press the button...

Suddenly a massive explosion rips through the area behind me right by the house. How the hell could I have not seen the explosives? The blast kicks me in the back and knocks me to the ground inside the tunnels...

The other armored man mutters "Shit. Sealed in, you are better at close combat than I am, hold them off while I get an exit open." He takes one of his rifles, similar to my cannon, and begins looking intently at the walls and ceiling. "Thank god for the tips from the demolitionist..." I hear behind me. Then with a few shots from his cannon, he blasted apart the rock and dirt begins falling down. I cut forward to buy us time, and then sprint to him. "I'll boost you!". I jump, and feel his hands catch my foot as I shoot out of the hole. I pull him up next. Then he asks me to wait, and pulls out a clear plastic canister with a metal sphere, about two inches in diameter, in the middle with wires running in and out of it. He presses some buttons on it. "Heh, clear out all of those ... things... and seal up this tunnel once and for all, thermal cracking will take care of anything the blast can't do" He drops it in. "Let's get the hell out of here. We need to meet up with the patrols. 5 minute fuse."
    First thing is first, I head in to the remains of the cabin, all of the flasks are broken and I curse. The purple flask... the source virus... A flash of white metal catches my eye and I grab the aluminum device. We will need it. Especially now.

The two armored men lead the way out of the forest in to the hills. Just then I hear a faint explosion behind us and turn around to see a massive jet of flame coming out of the hole he dropped the grenade in. I ask "What did you put in that thing!?" He chuckles. "Experimental fusion grenades. It is a hell of a lot of heat. Results? Overwhelming success..."

I look out in to the hills... zombies everywhere, just mass zombies though. Any of the others would have been going too long to have lived.

The black humvee pulls up. "Hey! Any idea how to deal with this horde you brought in?" I show the device. "Cluster them in the city, this thing will take care of the rest."

It took a good amount of time with how slowly the zombies moved, but it was easy enough. Just then I jump on the humvee with the rest and we speed out. The city all over again... I line up the targets... 1100 nanometers... 50% power... confirm... and just then they all burst in to flames from the heat. We keep going out, past the country and away for good.
    The passenger speaks up, he is wearing a full suit of armor, but rather than the blood red color the rest wore, his was dark grey. "You all did a good job. But we have much more work to do. It is time we met personally, I heard much about you." He points at me "The one who wiped out a wave of tramplers alone, who reproduced a working cannon, the one who wiped out the whole city and got the zombies to come to kill them too."

I speak up. "Everyone I know is dead or gone now. I have no more people to work with. I guess it is time."
    "The time for you to pay your end of the deal. Welcome to our organization. We have a lot of work to do... to clean up this mess that we couldn't contain in the first place."

If it wasn't for these people I would have been dead long ago. Friends in high places...

(This is probably the ending of this character. If someone else wants to start up another story feel free to go ahead and do so.)
    This explains a lot.

(i liked this alot =3 thanks to everyone who joined this =D also i really like the ending of it )