10+ Year Old Account

[Diablo II] - Playing over Hamachi, got an issue. Help appreciated.

Hey guys. Recently started playing this via TCP/IP. We are two friends doing this, both using non-pirated software. We have one issue however, only I can host games. Whenever the other guy tries to host, I can't connect. Simply responds with "no response from server". I've tried googling with so far no results. Our LAN-priority settings are correct and we're both using Win7. What could the cause be?

TL,DR: He can join when I host, I can't join when he hosts (using hamachi). What do? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would guess it has something to do with the ports he or you have open. Go in to; http://portforward.com/ for more information about port forwarding etc.

My friends and I used to have this issue too. Essentially you have to make sure Battle.net, Hamachi and Diablo are completely allowed through both of your firewalls.
    If that still solves nothing, there is only portforwarding left to do, though firewall is usually the issue with LAN games.
    "The first prerequisite of an advanced being is a sense of humor"

Yes. This is directed towards you. y so srs?

10+ Year Old Account
    General consensus, is it his ports or mine? Since he can join on me. Thanks for the fast responses so far.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Deleted
    Hamachi is there for the reason you don't need to mess with ports. Going there you don't need it no more. Just try again with, it worked fine for me when we played d2 over tcp/ip. Be sure you use same versions of (1.13d)

It can be both of your firewalls, depending on if any of you have 3rd party ones. If it has come as far as ports, it's the one who cannot be connected to that has the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Skey View Post
    Hamachi is there for the reason you don't need to mess with ports. Going there you don't need it no more. Just try again with, it worked fine for me when we played d2 over tcp/ip. Be sure you use same versions of (1.13d)
    The fact that it worked fine for you is not helping, since theirs obviously doesn't.
    If they did not have the same version of Diablo, neither would be able to connect.
    Read his post again.
    "The first prerequisite of an advanced being is a sense of humor"

Yes. This is directed towards you. y so srs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merodium View Post
    It can be both of your firewalls, depending on if any of you have 3rd party ones. If it has come as far as ports, it's the one who cannot be connected to that has the problem.
    Ok. I'll check my router later today when I have the time, and I'll have to ask my friend to check his. Will post results.
    As to which ports, found this link.

I might add that I don't have any 3rd party firewall... might explain why he can join on me. No idea about him.

---------- Post added 2011-12-18 at 03:51 PM ----------

Update... my friend seems to know nada about networking, I'll have to remote-connect to him and do the port-forwarding for him. This could take some time...
    Last edited by Wass; 2011-12-18 at 02:52 PM.