Thread: New video Card

New video Card

Ok i cant post links so ill do this

HIS Radeon HD 6670 H667FN1G Video Card vs SPARKLE GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) SXS4501024D5SNS Video Card vs EVGA GeForce GT 520 (Fermi) 02G-P3-1529-KR Video Card

The last one is what i have now, The sparkle card Just blew out for me this week and i had to use a new replacement. Im thinking of returning said new card and getting the HIS RADEON HD. Because honestly the EVGA really doesnt cut it. the sparkle card ran so good for 4 months then just blew out. I suspect it was skyrims fault and the fact i have a small case due to it being an old HP computer i just replaced a few things in. Small case and small motherboard makes it so i cant get a double wide card till tax season at the min. Kinda blows but its the only thing i can roll with ATM. O.o. Anyway the sparkle card DID run pretty hot but 4 months including some summers with it running so it shouldnt of been a major problem. But yeah Any help would be really nice im just trying to find a single wide card thats as good as that sparkle. That or just buying the sparkle card again.

---------- Post added 2011-12-18 at 04:14 AM ----------

EDIT the sparkle card ran good from may O.o

Why wouldn't the EVGA cut it? Personally I'm going EVGA for my next card which will be the EVGA GTX 560. I see nothing wrong with getting a 520, especially if you're thinking about checking out Nvidia's 3D anytime in the future. If you don't think you'll be interested in Nvidia 3d though, I'd go with the Radeon 6670 (His). Both are exceptional cards, it's just whatever you for-see yourself doing later along the road.

Well im playing SWTOR and honestly the EVGA is pulling soo much less numbers then my sparkle was. Even when i benched it with SISANDRA it was doing less then half the power the sparkle card held. If you look at the specs

In Stock Yes Yes No
    Item# N82E16814161397 N82E16814187131 N82E16814130682
    Model# H667FN1G SXS4501024D5SNS 02G-P3-1529-KR
    Brand HIS SPARKLE EVGA
    Form Factor Low Profile Ready Low Profile Ready
    Interface PCI Express 2.1 x16 PCI Express 2.0 x16 PCI Express 2.0 x16
    Chipset Manufacturer AMD NVIDIA NVIDIA
    GPU Radeon HD 6670 GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) GeForce GT 520 (Fermi)
    Core Clock 800MHz 789MHz 810MHz
    Stream Processors 480 Stream Processing Units 192 Processor Cores 48
    Effective Memory Clock 1000MHz (4.0Gbps) 3760MHz 1000MHz
    Memory Size 1GB 1GB 2GB
    Memory Interface 128-bit 128-bit 64-bit
    Memory Type GDDR5 GDDR5 DDR3
    DirectX DirectX 11 DirectX 11 DirectX 11
    OpenGL OpenGL 4.1 OpenGL 4.0 OpenGL 4.1
    HDMI 1 x HDMI 1 x mini HDMI 1 x HDMI
    D-SUB 1 x D-SUB 1 x D-SUB
    DVI 1 x DVI 2 x DVI 1 x DVI
    RAMDAC 400 MHz 400 MHz 400 MHz
    Max Resolution 2560 x 1600 2560 x 1600 2560 x 1600
    CrossFireX Support No
    Cooler With Fan With Fan With Fan
    System Requirements Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply. Minimum 400W or greater system power supply (with a minimum 12V current rating of 22A)
    Dual-Link DVI Supported Yes Yes Yes
    HDCP Ready Yes Yes Yes
    Shader Clock 1579MHz 1620MHz
    3D VISION Game Ready Yes
    SLI Support SLI Ready No
    Power Connector 6 Pin
    Card Dimensions 8.24" x 4.38" 5.7" x 4.38"
    Parts 3 years limited
    Labor 3 years limited
    Notes & Disclaimers
    VGA Standard Return Policy

The stream processors on the EVGA is sitting at 48 while the other two are well ahead of it. Core clock it seems better but its not really cutting it. I cant even have SWTOR graphics on high it drops the FPS to around 10

The EVGA isnt keeping up with what the sparkle did. You would have to look at em on NEWEGG since i cant link info dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Link3n View Post
    I see nothing wrong with getting a 520
    Except it's complete turd meant for office desktop use, not for any kind of gaming.

But it sounds like the OP has a problem with very small case and PSU putting limit to what cards are usable. I'd start looking into options to change the case/psu and keep other parts if possible to avoid settling for crap 'upgrade' cards because of space limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Astri777 View Post
    The EVGA isnt keeping up with what the sparkle did. You would have to look at em on NEWEGG since i cant link info dump.
    Yeah, it's very misleading numbering on the cards, but the short version is:

450 is low end gaming card, 420 is office card. 550 is newer low end gaming card, 520 is newer office card. 520 is indeed much much worse for gaming than 450.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2011-12-18 at 12:31 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't have to do with what card maker it is. It's the chip on the card. The Nvidia GT 520 is a very low end while the GTS 450 is middle end.

All nvidia (fermi 400 series and 500 series) cards run relatively hot, so if the case doesn't have proper airflow, maybe you shouldn't get another one.

I'd try something like a single slot version of the Radeon 5770. I saw powercolor had a single slot version of the 6770 but it looked to have a really tiny and noisy fan (and besides: 5770 = 6770).

edit: missed it's out of stock and never coming back. ah darn. well something similar.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-12-18 at 12:38 PM.

Well the HIS Radeon HD 6670 H667FN1G Video Card looks like it wouldnt do too horrible. I mean even tho my sparkle card ate it in 5 months ive read reviews where it happens alot to people who got that same card So it could not be the heat at all. Tho i know my case doesnt have the best cooling. Ghetto rigging has worked in the past tho and let me branch out a bit. But i cant replace the thing till taxes roll around so im looking for a strong card to fill the void left by the sparkle.

---------- Post added 2011-12-18 at 04:41 AM ----------

Ether way it looks like that Radeon you linked is pretty sold out O.o.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astri777 View Post
    Well the HIS Radeon HD 6670 H667FN1G Video Card looks like it wouldnt do too horrible. I mean even tho my sparkle card ate it in 5 months ive read reviews where it happens alot to people who got that same card So it could not be the heat at all. Tho i know my case doesnt have the best cooling. Ghetto rigging has worked in the past tho and let me branch out a bit. But i cant replace the thing till taxes roll around so im looking for a strong card to fill the void left by the sparkle.

---------- Post added 2011-12-18 at 04:41 AM ----------

Ether way it looks like that Radeon you linked is pretty sold out O.o.
    Yeah I saw that later

But anyway here's the powercolor 6770, which would've been my second choice.

The 6670 will be OK too but a step down from your GTS 450 wheras a 5770/6770 would've been about equal.

Though of course it costs more which means you'll have less available for your overhaul later, so up to you if it's worth it or not.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-12-18 at 12:47 PM.

When the sparkle card killed what happened was the Computer would start randomly killing video then enter sleep mode (which causes my computer to lock up) That was stage 1 as i called it. After that Every time i would even bump my desk BAM videos off computers freaking. Sometimes it wouldnt even boot. Others it would bluescreen constantly. So heat prolly wasnt really the issue. it looks like total failure

---------- Post added 2011-12-18 at 04:48 AM ----------

Hmm that 6770 looks pretty good and i think i can square the cash for it. It will be able to run as good as my Sparkle did right? Really worried about proformance. I mean im not playing skyrim on pc ( i have it on xbox now) and am playin Starwars, not really as much needed graphics wise but yeahhh. i just want it to run smooth with good graphics. Hell HIGH isnt even that HIGH on starwars lol

It will be able to run just as well as your sparkle or better. Other than the Memory Clock speed, the 6670 excels everywhere else.
    Last edited by Link3n; 2011-12-18 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Link3n View Post
    It will be able to run just as well as your sparkle or better. Other than the Memory Clock speed, the 6670 excels everywhere else.
    the 6670 does not excel over the GTS 450, plain and simple. Comparing numbers such as frequencies, shader clusters, memory speed or memory size is very pointless. They're just too different architecture-wise.

sources:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6670-review/4 or any page of the review

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_6670/17.html or any page of the review

OP you'll also see the 5770 (= 6770) outperform the GTS 450 in most games
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-12-18 at 01:36 PM.