Thread: Monk Armor?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monk Armor?

So just wondering what your guys thoughts are on this.

Currently there is one type of armor for each healing class (ie: Mail - Shaman, Plate - Paladin, Cloth - Priest, Leather - Druid). When Monks are implemented into the game, which type of armor do you think they will use? Or will they introduce a new type of armor for them? If Blizz decided to go the route and make them use an armor already implemented, I have a feeling whichever armor they are given the class that uses the same armor type will feel like they are getting the shaft because they have to compete for healing gear more so than any of the other classes.

So how do you think it should be handled? I think they should add bamboo armor or something like that and then if they are tanking, they can add in a talent to increase their armor from wearing bamboo items.

My reasoning:
    1) Bamboo and Pandas go hand in hand.
    2) Bamboo is lightweight which would make it seem realistic that the character could be wearing it and still perform fast physical attacks, unlike how bulky they would be if they wore plate.
    3) No competition for gear between healers.

The only downside, I think, would be that there would only be one class using that armor type.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...pandaria/monk/

They will use leather, agility for tank/dps and intellect for healing.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adding one armor type for one class would just further inflate the already inflated gear tables. IIRC someone actually asked blizz this question and got that response.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post

This.
    Also: Your idea is kinda bad. We don't want more armor types >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll be using healing leather. The only competition there is with druids. Actually, monks and druids will probably be sharing armor, minus the casting leather.
    A simple change that can improve the female worgen:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7p0g/7

10+ Year Old Account
    Side note: Bamboo armor was not common in Asian countries. Lamellar, however, was.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Veltorak View Post

Currently there is one type of armor for each healing class (ie: Mail - Shaman, Plate - Paladin, Cloth - Priest, Leather - Druid). When Monks are implemented into the game, which type of armor do you think they will use? Or will they introduce a new type of armor for them? If Blizz decided to go the route and make them use an armor already implemented, I have a feeling whichever armor they are given the class that uses the same armor type will feel like they are getting the shaft because they have to compete for healing gear more so than any of the other classes.

So how do you think it should be handled? I think they should add bamboo armor or something like that and then if they are tanking, they can add in a talent to increase their armor from wearing bamboo items.

My reasoning:
    2) Bamboo is lightweight which would make it seem realistic that the character could be wearing it and still perform fast physical attacks, unlike how bulky they would be if they wore plate.

The only downside, I think, would be that there would only be one class using that armor type.
    So bosses in future expansions are going to drop...bamboo?

"That doesn't make a lick of sense!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veltorak View Post

My reasoning:

If they were to let them use another healer's gear, it should be paladins. I play one, but no-one else at all uses Int Plate.

(Although as a paladin, I would REALLY hate to lose gear like that.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    If they were to let them use another healer's gear, it should be paladins. I play one, but no-one else at all uses Int Plate.

(Although as a paladin, I would REALLY hate to lose gear like that.)
    No one besides priests use spirit cloth either. And only druids use int leather. Also shaman only use int mail.
    A simple change that can improve the female worgen:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7p0g/7

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshata View Post
    No one besides priests use spirit cloth either. And only druids use int leather. Also shaman only use int mail.
    Well, technically:

spirit cloth: shadow priest + healing priest
    spirit leather: boomkin + resto druid
    spirit mail: ele shaman + resto shaman
    spirit plate: holy paladin

Yes those are only one class per spirit gear, but all but plate have a healing and dps spec to share between.

But with using Agility, it does make sense to use leather (or even mail) for monks. Plus, with being an agi tank as well I guess that is what probably made their decision to go with leather (to mirror druids).
    Last edited by Ineras; 2011-12-19 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    Well, technically:

spirit cloth: shadow priest + healing priest
    spirit leather: boomkin + resto druid
    spirit mail: ele shaman + resto shaman
    spirit plate: holy paladin

Yes those are only one class per spirit gear, but all but plate have a healing and dps spec to share between.

But with using Agility, it does make sense to use leather (or even mail) for monks. Plus, with being an agi tank as well I guess that is what probably made their decision to go with leather (to mirror druids).
    Hey, maybe this means there will be actual leather tank armor. Not reforged feral gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post

That site says cloth AND leather. I'm sure it will be spec dependent. Cloth for healing and leather for tanking/dps.

Deleted
    They'll be like druids, leather.

While looking at the OP it would probably make sense to somehow change holy paladin's gear because it really just takes up space on the loot tables. Maybe join them with resto shamans somehow.

I'm guessing they'll work like Ferals. Either bonus armor via talents or maybe straight mitigation via stance/brews.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by segoots14 View Post
    That site says cloth AND leather. I'm sure it will be spec dependent. Cloth for healing and leather for tanking/dps.
    Cloth until level 40, leather after.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Warriors can use cloth, leather, mail AND plate. But just like any other class, only their "main" armor type should be used, for armor spec bonus.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I really doubt that.

It also says that for Druids and Rogues. They don't use cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I really doubt that.
    And why is that? Warriors use mail until level 40 and then plate after that.

Because it would be stupid to create agi-cloth for the first 40 levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Agi cloth? Riiight.
    Yes it exists in random greens but it's not a real gear type.