Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacemeat View Post
    Get him Hello Kitty Universe and anal beads, wrap them up together in Victoria's Secret wrapping paper, spritz it with Bod Body Spray, and when he opens it, throw around glitter screaming "WE'RE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN TOGETHER TONIGHT, YYEAAAHHHH!!".
    That would actually be a lot less awkward considering that we always prank each other and other people. LOL

If it's weird then I must be weird because ive bought my 2 best friends (we are all male) a christmas gift every year for about 7 years now. I want to give them something for the holidays. We just meet up at one of our houses (usually a day or two before Christmas since we spend Christmas with our respective families) hang out like normal and just exchange gifts. No awkwardness, no weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    Meh I have hugged male friends when they cry, bought them presents, brofist, chest bumped, got jiggy on the dance floor hell even slept in the same bed as them and all in a very hetro and unawkward way because you know, dudes can be close and not gay.
    ^This, you can do almost anything for your best buddies and you should, thats what friends are there for. Heck I've had to undress one of my best buddies and carry him into the shower once since he was so fucking drunk and he had pissed himself to(yeah long story lol).

After that I dressed him up in the ugliest clothes I could find in the house and dragged him along to a after party.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it weird to buy your best friend a Christmas present if you're both guys?

Only if you don't want to make love to him.
    Last edited by Puck; 2011-12-19 at 08:48 AM.

You should listen to No homo -Lonely Island

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Well if you dont want to feel wierd buy him a stripper now thats a manly gift!

Hope he is a DIY enthusiast, Unless you mean an exotic dancer, in that case get him a male one for giggles

Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    Meh I have hugged male friends when they cry, bought them presents, brofist, chest bumped, got jiggy on the dance floor hell even slept in the same bed as them and all in a very hetro and unawkward way because you know, dudes can be close and not gay.
    You sound like a good friend honestly, being there for your friends and such.

Also /brofist.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If any of my guy mates gave me an xmas present I'd think they were either dying.. or worse. Slept with my mum.
    Its just something none of us have done. House warming, 21st, weddings... hell yeah. Never xmas though.

I'd say do it. But wrap the gift up in a playboy mag.

Ask him.
    /10chars

Deleted
    Theres nothing wrong with getting your friend a present, i'd imagine your somewhat young to be concerned over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought my 2 best buds presents! I always do!

The one who was best man at my wedding got a Haynes Manual for the Millenium Falcon
    The other got a Mega Blocks Halo Banshee!

We are all in our late 20s!

I have never though it weird to buy gifts for people you care about!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, i don't see WHY that would be weird, not like your getting him a box of chocolates on valentines day

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    I was thinking about buying my best friend a game for Christmas but idk......

Not so sure about the whole 'dude buying another dude a present' thing. Thoughts?
    Unless your gift is a sponge bath then you should be ok. You never know though the sponge bath might make you realize you are better friends then you thought, either way enjoy the holiday and stop worring about giving gifts to ppl you care about.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about buying my best friend a game for Christmas but idk......

Not so sure about the whole 'dude buying another dude a present' thing. Thoughts?
    You are afraid it would make ppl think less of you or what?
    Stupidest thing I ever read.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've given my friends some great gifts, up to and including vehicles but I know how to make good ones pretty cheaply...

You help them and they will help you.

Give a homeboy or homegirl what they need, that's what a friend needs.

Why WOULD it be weird?

Buy him a pink shirt. Proper men's clothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacemeat View Post
    Get him Hello Kitty Universe and anal beads, wrap them up together in Victoria's Secret wrapping paper, spritz it with Bod Body Spray, and when he opens it, throw around glitter screaming "WE'RE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN TOGETHER TONIGHT, YYEAAAHHHH!!".
    You sir made my day so hard, tears are acctualy rolling down my cheeks.

-edit

Yup i just decided, you sir are worth being in my signature.

If you have to ask then yes it would be weird as you no doubt have an weird relationship with him.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not about being gay. It's moreso about it being awkward because we don't usually do stuff like that and neither does anyone else really around here. The gift coming via post on Christmas morning makes it that much more awkward.
    I still don't get what the problem is. Do you send them a gift on their birthday? There is nothing inherently romantic about Christmas so its odd that you seem to be attaching such feelings towards a Christmas gift. Its a gift just because you aren't there to give it to them doesn't mean it becomes awkward.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."