Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah flexibility is a blessing and a curse. What I find works for me is around 10-11% haste and then lean slightly towards Crit over Mastery (that's what I aim for but my stats are all fairly balanced at the moment).

The biggest thing with disc is to try different weightings. I tried a ton of haste and very little haste but found I was either too slow casting or my spells felt a little too weak. I'm also not always quick enough to see incoming damage (I try to predict it but I'm not great), so mastery stacking wouldn't work for me, however someone that is really good at seeing incoming damage would probably love a heavy mastery build.

Oh and I'm running 2800 spirit right now, which is too much with the exception of when I am forced to do a ton of AOE healing for a long period of time. I'm going to need to try holy as an offspec again as there is a lot of stacking in DS, but I just love the disc playstyle so much that it'll be hard to switch.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2011-12-21 at 07:47 PM.

I give myself a little bit of haste (anywhere between 7.5% - 10% unbuffed) and then stack the crap out of mastery. Ignore crit, always reforge out of it and never gem for it. You should have a sufficient amount anyway from all the int you get. Gem for solid int and int+mastery in yellow sockets. Working out wonderfully for me.

Deleted
    As many ppl wrote aswell there are a milliom ways to go and there isnt right or wrong really - BUT i will give you some info about me

We 2 heal everything, Holy paladin and Disc (me). Paladin focuses maily on tank while i help when needed and he helps when needet on raid. I run haste/crit gear and very low spirit. unbuffed i have about 1500 spirit, 17,5% haste 20ish crit and as little mastery as i was able to get. When healing 10 man i've found out that haste crit seems to be a lot better for me atleast. And for all the haters out there I'm NOT saying that you cant use mastery i'm only saying i find mastery to be my worst stat.

How little spirit you run with depends alot on how good you r at tracking rapture and using you manaregn abilitys in general. I have a bout 2k manaregen from spirit in combat BUT my rapture translates to about 5kish mp5 = total of 7k mp5.

The better gear you get, the more int you will have and the less spirit you need.

I'm sure that stacking mastery, crit or haste - or having a bit of each is all viable so in the end its how you play and i like fast casts

Deleted
    I play dat priest: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...lashake/simple

Currently I am sitting just under 2k Spirit but i would go down further because its just not needed in an AA-Build. I stack Haste like a Maniac for more Dps and just count in the roaster as a healsupport due to Barrier and Bursthealphase. The Spec is only shaped for H:Ultraxion 25 Man and i would not recommend anyone to just mindlessly copy it.

However, I found out that supporting a DMC:Volcano, Intellect Potion, Power Torrent and 150k Mana Buffed is enough to ignore Spirit completely and to count on Archangel, T12 2Piece (just triggering it with PoM every 10 seconds) and intelligent Rapture Management in a 25 Man Raid.

Well, you only listed 2 healers in your 10-man comp, and if it's you and a holy pally, I'd say you're most likely going to be raid healing. And that means PoH spam, which means mastery is good for you. However, you can up your haste for more throughput. Crit is probably not for you, I'd say, since crit is mostly for tank healers. I did mostly tank healing in my 10-man (healing with a resto druid and another druid or a shaman, depending). I stacked haste and crit. I also reforged almost all the spirit off my gear. But again, this works with my raid setup, for my role healing my tanks. As much as you don;t want this advice, it really depends on your style and what works best for your raid comp.

Quote Originally Posted by KidCanuck View Post
    Well, you only listed 2 healers in your 10-man comp, and if it's you and a holy pally, I'd say you're most likely going to be raid healing. And that means PoH spam, which means mastery is good for you. However, you can up your haste for more throughput. Crit is probably not for you, I'd say, since crit is mostly for tank healers. I did mostly tank healing in my 10-man (healing with a resto druid and another druid or a shaman, depending). I stacked haste and crit. I also reforged almost all the spirit off my gear. But again, this works with my raid setup, for my role healing my tanks. As much as you don;t want this advice, it really depends on your style and what works best for your raid comp.
    Haste>Crit>Mast for PoH spam

If you gona 2 heal things id strongly sugest that you get alot of haste for starters... and add to that A good chunk of spirit to support all that healing needed. Mastery would be 2nd to that... crit happens and you do get alot both from your INT and you raidbuffs.

Haste > Sprit > MST > crit

Would get you those snipes when needed and the longlivety for the fights.