Page 1 of 3
LastLast

SWTOR Lag/Graphics issues

According to the site Can You Run It I should have no problem running the game. For some reason though it is extremely slow and laggy. My frame rate doesn't hit above 10fps and that's if I'm lucky. I have all the graphics settings turned down to low so I have no idea what is causing the problem. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. All my drivers are up to date as well.

Deleted
    Turn shadows off fully if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Thanks this helped significantly. My frame rate is up to 14fps and it is less laggy. Still could use better frame rates though.

Thanks this helped significantly. My frame rate is up to 14fps and it is less laggy. I don't know if its possible to get better but I'm glad its at least tolerable now.

I had the same issue. Try setting EVEYTHING FIRST TO MAX and than lowering to whatever you want. My FPS was about 15 and its now 60. Its a bug in the videodrivers or so whatever a fix should come soon I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirkonia View Post
    I had the same issue. Try setting EVEYTHING FIRST TO MAX and than lowering to whatever you want. My FPS was about 15 and its now 60. Its a bug in the videodrivers or so whatever a fix should come soon I think.
    Anyone else able to confirm this? Sounds pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    ^ That.

The other thing that comes to my mind is: agardner, you don't have Anti-aliasing active in your video card control panel, right? It's not active in-game but you can force it in the control panel (most of the times), and that could kill your FPS. Not every card around can manage a 8x/16x AA setting in TOR
    "I look bigger in those mirrors where things look bigger."

Quote Originally Posted by mace16 View Post
    Anyone else able to confirm this? Sounds pretty interesting.
    I've heard other people commenting on something similar in general chat. It's definitely not running as smoothly in the graphics department as it did in beta, but at least we can tab out now without needing to re-render the game when we tab back in.

One area I definitely know is bugged in some way is if you go in the tablet rooms in the caves on Korriban, your fps drops so dramatically you can barely do anything. As soon as you manage to turn around and leave the room it's fine, but step back in and it's stutter city again. My game (on high) runs at about 60fps -nothing amazing but certainly respectable for a budget build - but even I dropped to 3-4 fps in those rooms. Everyone I talked to had the same issue. On a community note, if you see someone in there who aggroed a mob, help them out with killing it. I saw so many people get close to death just because of this issue (one of the rooms has strong mobs).

15+ Year Old Account
    This was discussed on a different thread..

tomorrow when the game releases, there should be new drivers from ati/nvidia

Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    One area I definitely know is bugged in some way is if you go in the tablet rooms in the caves on Korriban, your fps drops so dramatically you can barely do anything. As soon as you manage to turn around and leave the room it's fine, but step back in and it's stutter city again. My game (on high) runs at about 60fps -nothing amazing but certainly respectable for a budget build - but even I dropped to 3-4 fps in those rooms. Everyone I talked to had the same issue. On a community note, if you see someone in there who aggroed a mob, help them out with killing it. I saw so many people get close to death just because of this issue (one of the rooms has strong mobs).
    At 1st i thought i was the only one, but i ran in that same room with a guildie and we both had lag issues. Might be the fog in there, i don't know.

Deleted
    Nobody even asked what specs the OP's computer is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Nobody even asked what specs the OP's computer is.
    By all means, ask away. We responded with things that we know have issues, no matter the specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    By all means, ask away. We responded with things that we know have issues, no matter the specs.
    Well accoridng to the OP's description he's running it worse than my laptop, which is under the min specs.

My laptop runs at 15-20fps on a 2Ghz Intel dual core, 4GB RAM and onboard intel mobile 4 series. He must have something wrose than that to be running it lower than my laptop does.

It was merely a suggestion, since just because that website says you can run it, doesn't mean you can, since that site doesn't even recognise half of the computer components. His specs would also give people who are suggesting things a better idea of what could be wrong. For all we know, he's a running a single core CPU and 1GB ram etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also make sure BLOOM is off as well, that is a FPS eater.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Well accoridng to the OP's description he's running it worse than my laptop, which is under the min specs.

My laptop runs at 15-20fps on a 2Ghz Intel dual core, 4GB RAM and onboard intel mobile 4 series. He must have something wrose than that to be running it lower than my laptop does.

It was merely a suggestion, since just because that website says you can run it, doesn't mean you can, since that site doesn't even recognise half of the computer components. His specs would also give people who are suggesting things a better idea of what could be wrong. For all we know, he's a running a single core CPU and 1GB ram etc.
    There is your problem. Thought that was the OPs post, anyway still.
    -K

I'm running 2.27Ghz intel dual core i3, 4gb ram. my chipset is intel 5 series 3400. i've also changed my display to 1024 x 768 which seems to help some as well. sorry forgot to add specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agardner791 View Post
    I'm running 2.27Ghz intel dual core i3, 4gb ram. my chipset is intel 5 series 3400. so no its not less than your laptop. you don't have to be rude about it either lol
    He is not being rude, but from the sound of your problem it sounded like your rig would be worse then his. Just sain'

People are trying to help.
    -K

When giving system specs and FPS people need to list their screen resolution. Not everyone plays at high resolution, let alone with killer systems. This game isn't that intense graphics wise, don't get me wrong they do do quite a bit but nothing up to AAA title levels.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Honestly, all I can see knowing his computer specs would add to the picture is being able to say "hey, your computer sucks, get a new one." Doesn't really help him improve things until he can upgrade. Just the fact that he felt the need to check that site shows that he knows his computer isn't great. Tips like turning off shadows (which, let's face it, doesn't really hurt anything because the shadows in this game pretty much just add a dark jagged line to things in the game) and other fps hogs are helpful no matter what. Though if he's playing on a crappy computer, hopefully he has everything set to low already.

I'm not trying to be a smartass or rude here, but I know I tend to come off that way. =/

thanks i do have everything set to low. my computer is low end its a sony all in one touch screen pc. i've never had a problem playing other mmo's before so thats why i don't know why the hang up with this one lol

I'm on a i5 2.2GHZ, 4GB RAM and a 240m with steady 40 FPS on high without shadows.