Thread: New keyboard.

Deleted

New keyboard.

Hey. Looking for a new keyboard. Currently using a sidewinder x4. Got it recently and it's great but it's too compact and the keys are laid out slightly different than the logitech keys.

I've looked at the G19, the G110 and the G510, they all seem have 50/50 reviews, all with problems. What keyboard would you fine people recommend, most likely a logitech product, that has the normal bigger layout of the keys including the caps button that aligns with the tab key (so it's not getting in the way of WASD)

Tldr: Good logitech keyboard please

I've used G110 for a while now and like it. Had G15 before but the screen is not really tha important to pay extra for it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    I recommend a Steelseries 6Gv2 for gaming. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post14331610

Uhm. What country do you live in? You realise that every language and some countries with the same language has their own unique layout, with "Tab lining up with caps lock" is a bit.. vague?
    Sec, posting pic on my G110.
    It's only a bit dirty *cough*

So. Where are you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Uhm. What country do you live in? You realise that every language and some countries with the same language has their own unique layout, with "Tab lining up with caps lock" is a bit.. vague?
    Sec, posting pic on my G110.
    It's only a bit dirty *cough*

So. Where are you?
    All you have to do is look up almost any keyboard that's not from Logitech to see what I mean about the caps aligning with the tab key. It's seriously annoying because you can feel your 2nd to pinkie finger hitting caps when on A.

Also, regarding the g110...every review says it's a terrible, terrible keyboard but everywhere I go people say it's good aswell. :/ It's supposed to be faulty as hell. The drivers don't work, the keys sometimes bug out and the lighting doesnt work, apparently.

Edit: Most keyboards have the groove between the caps and the A, but the sidewinder doesn't.
    http://www.maximumcpu.net/wp-content...WX4-macros.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc35b20e5c6b; 2011-12-19 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    Im loving my Lycosa.

Also, yaay 300th post

Quote Originally Posted by Baaltheron View Post
    All you have to do is look up almost any keyboard that's not from Logitech to see what I mean about the caps aligning with the tab key. It's seriously annoying because you can feel your 2nd to pinkie finger hitting caps when on A.

Also, regarding the g110...every review says it's a terrible, terrible keyboard but everywhere I go people say it's good aswell. :/ It's supposed to be faulty as hell. The drivers don't work, the keys sometimes bug out and the lighting doesnt work, apparently.

Edit: Most keyboards have the groove between the caps and the A, but the sidewinder doesn't.
    http://www.maximumcpu.net/wp-content...WX4-macros.jpg
    All I have to do is nothing; since you already know what you want and what brand you want them from. :P

What reviews? Care to link me for sources? I have confidence in that the G110 is by no means a "terrible, terrible keyboard", but by no means is it the best there is.
    I'd actually rank it highest of the non-mechanical keyboards I've tested - which is why I bought it in the first place - but below almost every single mechanical.
    As far as your reported issues goes, I only get the light not working when I hold buttons pushed while starting the computer - and even then, it will still continue to light up Blue.
    The drivers have given me no trouble, and the keys haven't bugged out - except holding a button pushed while starting the computer, as mentioned above (ie, before even bios kicks in).
    This is from my sample of one, however. And with anything, a large pool is always preferred. I've had Logitech stuff break, true. I know they aren't perfect, but if you don't need a mechanical, I'd find few reasons (for a gaming keyboard) to go with anything other than the G110 or the Sidewinder X4 from MicroSoft, that you also link.

The only shitty part about the G110 is its awful built-in sound card, meaning it's basically impossible to use the plugs in the keyboard without having a fit - meaning the otherwise quite fantastic mic-mute and headphone-mute buttons won't work.