SWTor in terms of WoW

Hello

I've been seeing some videos and streams of the game and I really want it, but I not quite looking for a WoW game with just different class names and scenarios...

if there is place with all the answers to this questions post the link and close this thread.

So my questions are:
    - What classes/specs or whatever there is?
    - Does this game is also divided in 2 factions like wow (horde/alliance) if it is, can they speak with witch other? it is possible to change faction (I guessing the the faction might be the jedi and the sith, but lore wise they one can go to the dark side then came back depending on our actions)
    - Does it follow the same leveling model of WoW, bunch of quests? or the quests are filled with choices like mass effect or fallout, and the next ones depend on that choices.
    - There dungeons like wow? or they allow for more flexibility in terms of number of players, class or specs?
    - This the game only on one planet or there is more? (space stations, planets and moons) if there is more are they explorable and have quests?
    - How is the combat system? (like wow just target and spam buttons) or more it requires more skill like actually have to point a gun?
    - Does requires a computer much better than one that can play wow on almost max?
    - There are raids?

Videos don't do SWTOR justice, as it will only show gameplay which is similar to WoW. Best option would just be to read about it on swtor.com as it will answer all of your questions.

So my questions are:

4 classes per faction - each class has 2 possible advanced classes effectively giving you 8 classes per side - each advanced class has 3 specs although 1 spec is shared between each class, so 5 specs per class, but you only have access to 3 of them once you choose your advanced class.

- Does this game is also divided in 2 factions like wow (horde/alliance) if it is, can they speak with witch other? it is possible to change faction (I guessing the the faction might be the jedi and the sith, but lore wise they one can go to the dark side then came back depending on our actions)
    Empire and Republic are the two factions. You can be light or dark side on either faction ie: dark jedi, light sith. As of right now you cannot change faction. I doubt you will be able to in game outside of something like a faction transfer down the line.

You can speak to them in say but thats it.

- Does it follow the same leveling model of WoW, bunch of quests? or the quests are filled with choices like mass effect or fallout, and the next ones depend on that choices.

Questing is similar to wow and similar to mass effect. Many choices, but its an mmo not a single player game so you will get the go get this come back here quest, or kill 10 of these quests.

- There dungeons like wow? or they allow for more flexibility in terms of number of players, class or specs?

Dungeons or Flashpoints are 4 player, tank heal 2xdps. The dungeons themselves (from what i've done so far) seem much larger than wow dungeons

- This the game only on one planet or there is more? (space stations, planets and moons) if there is more are they explorable and have quests?

many planets and yes

- How is the combat system? (like wow just target and spam buttons) or more it requires more skill like actually have to point a gun?
    starfox is the best way to describe it really

- Does requires a computer much better than one that can play wow on almost max?

you'll probably be fine, but the recommended specs are available on the site

- There are raids?

yes

Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    So my questions are:

4 classes per faction - each class has 2 possible advanced classes effectively giving you 8 classes per side - each advanced class has 3 specs although 1 spec is shared between each class, so 5 specs per class, but you only have access to 3 of them once you choose your advanced class.

Empire and Republic are the two factions. You can be light or dark side on either faction ie: dark jedi, light sith. As of right now you cannot change faction. I doubt you will be able to in game outside of something like a faction transfer down the line.

You can speak to them in say but thats it.

Questing is similar to wow and similar to mass effect. Many choices, but its an mmo not a single player game so you will get the go get this come back here quest, or kill 10 of these quests.

Dungeons or Flashpoints are 4 player, tank heal 2xdps. The dungeons themselves (from what i've done so far) seem much larger than wow dungeons

many planets and yes

starfox is the best way to describe it really

you'll probably be fine, but the recommended specs are available on the site

- There are raids?

yes
    thanks this answers a lot of my questions

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Videos don't do SWTOR justice, as it will only show gameplay which is similar to WoW. Best option would just be to read about it on swtor.com as it will answer all of your questions.
    y thats exactly my problem the videos and streams don't many of the different between the games (aside the obvious ones graphics and context)...

Answers to your questions

- What classes/specs or whatever there is? There are 4 classes per side(Empire and Republic) each with their own story. At level 10 you choose 1 of 2 advanced classes which changes your role in combat. For example if your Bounty hunter and you choose powertech you would be a medium to short range tank or dps. If you choose merc as your advanced class for your BH you would be a healer or long range nuke dps. You can not switch sides but you can talk to each other. Also your faction does not have effect on your darkside/light side aliment.
    - Does it follow the same leveling model of WoW, bunch of quests? or the quests are filled with choices like mass effect or fallout, and the next ones depend on that choices. The leveling model is different then WoW. The convos are like mass effect where you choose what you say and this can change your story later on. There are bonus quests that pop up when you are doing objectives for other quests that will be like kill x of y mob.
    - There dungeons like wow? or they allow for more flexibility in terms of number of players, class or specs? The dungeons are only 4 man and are different then wow. They have group convos and your choices change the course of the dungeon. Kill the captain of the star ship and you might face a different boss ect. Also your professions allow you find shortcuts, slicing a elevator and skipping some trash for example.
    - This the game only on one planet or there is more? (space stations, planets and moons) if there is more are they explorable and have quests? There are planets, moons and spacestations that you cant travel too and explore.
    - How is the combat system? (like wow just target and spam buttons) or more it requires more skill like actually have to point a gun? Their is no auto attack, but it works similar to WoW as in you target and use abilities.
    - Does requires a computer much better than one that can play wow on almost max? If you can run wow at max you should be able to run swtor.
    - There are raids? Their are 2 operations(raids) at launch and bioware has said they plan to add more within the first 2 months.

Hope this helps!. Let me know if you need to know more the crew skills (professions) work different WoW as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post

This seems to be a running theme with this game...why? if it is such an awesome game then.....?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    This seems to be a running theme with this game...why? if it is such an awesome game then.....?
    To me, TOR is just much more about the immersion. I though the videos looked okay, but once I actually got in to the game, I've been hooked.

I just hope they release a trial version
    Wasn't confident enough from reading written things to preorder it, not going to buy it unless I can test it first

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    Well, when people know nothing about how one particular MMO works, is it fun watching? Is it fun watching a toon walking around spamming hotkeys? Can you really understand how it works without being there in the middle of the action? Class mechanics, strategy and all those core elements?

It's not like shooter, fighting or racing games...

All the people I know in MMOs got hooked up after trying it out, not because of some video.
    Last edited by mmocf7632e0726; 2011-12-19 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Hello

I've been seeing some videos and streams of the game and I really want it, but I not quite looking for a WoW game with just different class names and scenarios...

if there is place with all the answers to this questions post the link and close this thread.

So my questions are:
    - There are raids?
    You have your anwers, but really. You couldnt just go to the SWTOR website from bioware for atleast the basics. And just ask how it plays.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    You have your anwers, but really. You couldnt just go to the SWTOR website from bioware for atleast the basics. And just ask how it plays.......
    yeah but I was interested in feedback from people that played wow and now are playing swtor

btw, just bought it, i'm now downloading the client to try it out

You're going to need a better pc to run it on max settings then WoW. It will run super smooth while questing, but in warzones where theres 10+ people with spells going off like crazy I actually had a decent drop in FPS when I had the camera zoomed in on the action. I have a GTX 560ti and x4 955 black edition, and it wont be able to handle 60 fps in big end game raids.

I'm actually worried I might not even get 40-50 fps on normal settings in a 24 man raid.