Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What you're not going to find...

...in WoW, not even in Northrend..

http://imageshack.us/f/233/sdfsdfspm.jpg/

I've started taking some screen shots of places that I've been in the galaxy. This was taken not to long after I touched down on the planet of Alderaan.

i don't understand, what am i looking at?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
    What he means is that the graphics in SW:ToR are better than in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
    I am sitting on my personal speeder, on a bridge, looking out into the beautiful mountains and river beneath me, thinking... this is getting interrupted because I've gotta go kill me an Empire lacky.

Deleted
    Still average graphics - and I'm comparing it to a game released in 2004 (Lineage II).

:>

It's funny cause every time I see a screenshot or youtube video of SWTOR, the graphics always look bland, but in-game they're top notch.

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Still average graphics - and I'm comparing it to a game released in 2004 (Lineage II).

:>
    The graphics are way better live. I can't explain why screenshots and youtube vids of the game look so bad. Kind of weird.

Some screenshots I took

Game released in 2011 has better graphics than a game released in 2004 :O

It makes me wish I knew to turn on my graphics card Forced Anti-Aliasing before I leveled to 20.

Pre-20, the game looked kind of bad.
    Post-20 + AA, the game looks pretty good. Not mind-blowing, but nothing to scoff at.

Now if only setting Shadows to High didn't consume a ridiculous ton more resources than Low or None.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengaar View Post
    Production started in 2005, next argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    The graphics are way better live. I can't explain why screenshots and youtube vids of the game look so bad. Kind of weird.
    Many reasons. The player who took the video/screen has their video settings lower and hasn't forced AA with their video drivers. Pics such as jpg are heavily compressed, and many/some will be further reduced in quality/size so they can be posted on forums like these. Most youtube videos are compressed and default to 360p, instead of (1920x)1080, making them look very pixelated.
    Last edited by openair; 2011-12-20 at 01:29 AM.

Deleted
    Default UI? Yeah it's hard to see when you're in northrend and customized something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengaar View Post
    Cata was released in 2004? ._.

Ye... Compare graphics from Q4 2011 game to Q4 2004 game. GG its 7 years difference..

Also Graphics don't matter at all, its good to have but I can count atleast 10 more important things than graphics when it comes to games.

Also, I can take 100 screenshots in WoW and say.... "What you're not going to find.... in SWToR". So please posts like this should be deleted and posters get perma ban.

although the background and scenery is awesome, character movement feels a bit clunky. and did u seriously expect for bioware to release a game with graphics worse or on par with wow? that would be suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
    Cata was released in 2004? ._.
    You seriously fail, Cataclysm doesn't have fresh new graphics like those games today, its limmited what Blizzard can do to upgrade Graphics in WoW. Beacuse the game runs on a engine that was made for WoW back in 2004. They just make the best out of what they can, and doing a great job.

I think there are bridges, snow, and trees all in northrend! Whats the point in this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Production started in 2005, next argument?
    Now it's.. well, 2012 basicly. Doom looks great compared to Crysis 2 or whatever, because production started in 1992? No, it looks like shit and no one in the room gives a damn when production started. It looks not great in 2012...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think WoW looks better because of it's art style despite being technologically worse. From a tech standpoint though WoW's ground textures are so much better oddly enough. SWTOR is a pretty game in parts, but a lot of things have a very plastic-y feel to them as well. Nice screenshot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    You seriously fail, Cataclysm doesn't have fresh new graphics like those games today, its limmited what Blizzard can do to upgrade Graphics in WoW. Beacuse the game runs on a engine that was made for WoW back in 2004. They just make the best out of what they can, and doing a great job.
    And yet they've made improvements to their graphics. But that just goes back to the point that tor's engine was made in 2005 too, and then the graphics were updated. /shrug