Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotine811 View Post
    Rift hype didn't come close to the TOR hype. Rift only had like 60,000 pre orders compared to TOR's million (1 million in US physical copies alone, probably around 2.5 million total)

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 08:20 PM ----------

Where are you seeing this QQ? Perhaps you should check out the SW:TOR Final Verdict thread.
    I believe he is talking about the official forums... lots of QQ over there.

(Well, not at the moment, cause that site's down :P)

Deleted
    Day before a big release and your saying that because SWTOR has more people viewing this forum at this very moment than the wow general (not the 20 or so other wow forums combined) that mmo should switch its focus, I LOL'd.....I actually did.... (people wanting to speak about this game on mmo have no choice but to join this forum, wow players post in the most relevant forum)

The game is getting released today, its only 900 more people, were talking 900 not 9000 or 90.000. WoW has been out for 7 years, I doubt people are reading these forums 24/7 for wow, most people seen whats on here already. But for SWToR, people are waiting for new info etc. Just wait weeks/months, wow will have more viewers, and SWToR will get less and also 75% of WoW players going back to WoW within the first few months. Any new game that will be released will get lots of views on forums, I bet Diablo 3 will have twice the views of SWToR+WoW together when it's about to launch.

Also you only calculated the views on General, how about class forums? Off-Topic? Mist of Pandaren? Calculate that too, also SWToR is down to 1500.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Surely it hasnt been years since Rift was released?
    Rift doesn't have shit on this game or launch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartcart View Post
    SWTOR is currently the flavor of the month, I'm currently playing and loving it. But, give it a month or two and it will die down. A good amount of people are on SWTOR looking for it to be WoW with lightsabers and we see massive amounts of QQ such as More addons, more Ui, recount, GEARCHECKS, and of course auto attack. It will be similar to other game launches such as Conan, Aion, etc.. however SWTOR will have enough subs to make it sustainable and then build it's own community.

finally someone see the true!

this is how it will be ^^ and you people that say "NO ITS NOT" you can fuck yourself imo!

Because it's coming out tomorrow... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Warcraft general discussion - 869

SWTOR section - 1877

That's nuts... Been here for like 4 years and no sub section has ever had more people watching then the WoW general section. The closest I can remember is the general section had more traffic when Obama was elected president but that only last like 2-3 hours. Might as well have MMO champ focus on SWTOR more then WoW now lol
    Yeah. Ok.
    I can't believe anyone is this desperate to prop up their game, but I went and looked anyways. WoW forums still total more than SWToR forum. Why are you comparing only WoW General discussion?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

The real test for swtor will not be how many people it can get within the first week or so, but how compelling and fun the endgame is. The starting zones might be really amazing like everyone seems to claim, but starting zones alone won't kill off WoW. I'm going to be very interested in how many people will keep playing within a month or two after they start endgame, and if it's still going strong I might just be tempted to try playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by emopriest View Post
    finally someone see the true!

this is how it will be ^^ and you people that say "NO ITS NOT" you can fuck yourself imo!

Allow me to speak for many of us here: Get over yourself.

People are enjoying this game, many of us who have played WoW since it's very, VERY early days. Yes, many people will quit soon, lose interest, go back to their respective games, but many, many people legitimately enjoy this game and have been waiting a very long time to enjoy it. You know what: people still even play Rift! *gasp*

So again, get over yourself.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

Just wondering if the server queues are going to continue after the official launch or was that just an early access thing?

Deleted
    This thread was LITERALLY just closed. Well, one just like it.

But anyway, more people viewing the wow forums in general, Sw:tor has a single forum, wow has about 15-20 in total. Now go troll elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboardmash View Post
    The real test for swtor will not be how many people it can get within the first week or so, but how compelling and fun the endgame is. The starting zones might be really amazing like everyone seems to claim, but starting zones alone won't kill off WoW. I'm going to be very interested in how many people will keep playing within a month or two after they start endgame, and if it's still going strong I might just be tempted to try playing it.
    Oh I forget,thanks to WoW nothing but Endgame matters anymore.Its about the destination not the journey blah blah blah.Kinda backwards :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    SWtoR isn't going to be any bigger than Rift when it came out.
    It hasn't even been officially released and it already has multitudes more active accounts than Rift did at release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Surely it hasnt been years since Rift was released?
    Rift is a nice little game. But not really comparable to the massive launch of TOR.

Even WoW was not as hyped as TOR is. Sure, WoW had to reinvigorate the genre first and make it mainstream and accessible for the casual majority that is playing MMOs today, doesn't change the fact that game did not have as many preorders and day 1 players as TOR.

Yes, this is the biggest MMO launch of all times.

Although my excitement for today is a little gone since I am enjoying the game since Wednesday already lol