Thread: Let's talk PvP!

Let's talk PvP!

What do you guys like and dislike so far?

What would you like to be added?

I personally like everything so far and it would be awesome if they add Team Deathmatch warzone. I am also looking forward to competitive Arena.
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

Playing as a Jedi Sentinel I feel that PvP isn't very smooth at all. A lot of my GCD isn't working as intended. Sometimes when I try to use an ability, the animation stop it from actually being used due to previous ability used. It also feels like I have to wait a lot longer then the actual GCD before I can use an ability again. And I only have this problem when I PvP, suprisingly enough not in PvE.

But I do love Huttball. Playing it with my guild is da shit. Voidstar is horrible tho, it feels like the SoTa of TOR.

There is also a lot of balancing to do tbh. I haven't gotten to level 50 yet and tried it out. But so far I can see some classes really dominating the other classes with ease. And the AOE damage have to be reduced from the BH/trooper. Their AOE ability takes down 50% of your health really fast (no I do not stand in it, but sometimes to get the kill I do have to be in it for a few seconds).

And I really hope they do NOT put arena (more then outdoors arena where it's FFA / group vs rest) in this game. There is no need for another game to be ruined by arena.

There is no need for another game to be ruined by arena.
    if your talking about wow,arena didnt ruin pvp in world of warcraft.the company that made the game ruined the pvp because they put more care into the pve then they did the pvp

but heres hope that bioware doesnt make the same mistake.while were on the subject of pvp though,how are sith operatives or jedi scoundrels in pvp because im thinkin thats the class im gonna roll now(assuming you play both like a melee and not just run around shooting guns)
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-12-20 at 01:20 AM.

Voidstar is horrible. SotA with starships. Other than that I love Alderaan and Huttball is great. For Alderaan I stay in Soresu form, pick a healer and sit on a node. Nothing takes it. And since my Guardian is wearing modable trooper-looking gear most people mistake him for a trooper if they don't pay attention (and notice the saber on my hip) and it makes that first shock of combat pretty enjoyable. Huttball is just fun. I've either come up a draw, lost, or just had to leave for too few players several times, but I always love it. It's PvP with strategy not dependent on getting tons of gear to be able to compete, it's about thinking ahead and passing. REALLY wish I could play Huttball more, but since the que picks where you go... well ey.
    "Every time I see that commercial for this movie I laugh."
    "Which one?"
    "The one with the vegetarian bedazzled vampires."

Quote Originally Posted by FreakEyy View Post
    It also feels like I have to wait a lot longer then the actual GCD before I can use an ability again. And I only have this problem when I PvP, suprisingly enough not in PvE.
    THIS!!!! So much, this!!!

In PvE, my abilities queue perfectly (have them set to 0.75 second queue, which I think is overkill by a slight margin. I never have any issues in PvE like in PvP. In warzones, even after I have finished casting a heal or firing a shot that has a cast timer, it can still cancel out after the time has completed, and at times, it's almost impossible to queue another ability. It's like I'm forced to wait for the ability animation AND the GCD timer to go off before starting another ability. The responsiveness is very sluggish, and I'm not sure why. It feels very clunky. I'm still having a blast in warzones, but this has been a real drag.

As a melee I agree, the pvp is not as smooth when I'm training someone as in WoW pvp but I believe it can be fixed via changing hit boxes or something along those lines.

Deleted
    Add the ability to queue for certain battlegrounds. Hutt Ball sucks and is hardly enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Add the ability to queue for certain battlegrounds. Hutt Ball sucks and is hardly enjoyable.
    Roll Republic.
    Instant queues.
    I've gotten Huttball one time in the last 15-20 queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    its the BG i like the most.. :|

evryone likes other things.. :P

the sad thing is i dont get hutt ball like 4 times in about 20-25 games

I dislike hutball. Yeah mostly because I'm relatively new to the class i'm playing and the warzone itself. Unless you are in aguild or group that has played together and know the strategies etc. It's no fun.

ALderaan and void star are really fun.
    We should be allowed to que to whatever Warzone we want.

Is it me or do we need some more Warzones?

Like:
    -Voidstar, my favorite
    -Alderaan
    -Bursting down Inquisitors
    -Slower paced combat
    -Near instant queues on Republic
    -No resilience dominated battlegrounds/warzones (Thank god!)

Dislike:
    -Huttball as a cover class, the very nature of this battleground goes against what a Gunslinger does best. I can and have done well in Huttball matches but they are never very fun. You HAVE to keep moving around and should you get the ball passed to you, you can't use a majority of your best skills without sitting still for awhile and that is asking to be owned.

-Bad republic players on The Swiftsure, they don't listen and that makes me a sad smuggler. I'm not the best either, but at least I attempt to fight on the points in Alderaan, go for the objectives in Voidstar, and assist/hunt the ball carrier.

37 Assassin.

Love all the warzones to be honest.

My biggest complaint is more of a server-side lag issue. I sometimes end up hitting force speed or deflection or something only to find that they won't activate. I assume it's bad, bad lag from the warzone so I just deal..
    but it seems to happen at the worst times :/

Deleted
    23 Juggernaught

Some of the animations and combat in general feels laggy but it's not something that'd put me off playing. I sometimes activate a move at a point where it should play the animtion but I have to reclick it, it's hard to describe but I know what I mean!

I'd like them to change the playlists so I can at least choose which I enter, before maintenance 4 games in a row it was Huttball and several times over the last 2-3 days I've been against a premade which isn't very fun. (Even though I'm aware it happens)

I'm unsure how many more warzones there are to come but I eagerly look forward to them.

EDIT: Must ask, I'm now Valor rank 12 and had 900 commedations, is it best I just use them on blue gear to wear as I find it's better than most I find? I've read somewhere to buy boxes but I'm unsure which these are, do they mean the ones off the vendor when you wait for a WZ to begin?

Been entirely focused on my 23 Op and it's been pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    As a melee I agree, the pvp is not as smooth when I'm training someone as in WoW pvp but I believe it can be fixed via changing hit boxes or something along those lines.
    I haven't had any problems with the smoothness of pvp on my Operative. Do you have the ability queue enabled? I don't and everything is fine. I'm also playing at around 20-40 ms in WZs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cre5po View Post
    23 Juggernaught

Some of the animations and combat in general feels laggy but it's not something that'd put me off playing. I sometimes activate a move at a point where it should play the animtion but I have to reclick it, it's hard to describe but I know what I mean!

I'd like them to change the playlists so I can at least choose which I enter, before maintenance 4 games in a row it was Huttball and several times over the last 2-3 days I've been against a premade which isn't very fun. (Even though I'm aware it happens)

I'm unsure how many more warzones there are to come but I eagerly look forward to them.

EDIT: Must ask, I'm now Valor rank 12 and had 900 commedations, is it best I just use them on blue gear to wear as I find it's better than most I find? I've read somewhere to buy boxes but I'm unsure which these are, do they mean the ones off the vendor when you wait for a WZ to begin?
    They cap at 1000, so you need to spend them soon on something. If there are gear upgrades, get them, otherwise buy mercenary marks or gear boxes.

on my jedi sent I changed the ability Q to .5 and it seems flawless now... This is coming from a multi gladiator in WoW who knows true game smoothness