Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Post moar things! This thread is blowing my mind. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Xamota View Post
    So just about Level 30 on my first char - Sith Assassin thought I'd start a thread of things I wish I knew from the beginning to help out the incoming players at launch. Could be fun, I'll start.

-You can have your companions craft or run mission simultaneously, and the mats can be in your cargo hold, not just your inventory.

Your turn.
    OMG Thank you so much. Second toon to 30 and I never knew about it
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    What Reverse Engineering acctually was used for. All those things I crafted and just sold to a vendor...
    lvl 28 and i just learned this when the servers went down(1 hour ago).

When playing Huttball, you can throw it. Really. Didn't take me long to figure out but it seems like no one knows. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post

-The mount vendor on your Fleet sells 2 level 25 mounts. The mount vendors on Tatooine sell 6 different level 25 mounts that generally look nicer.
    OMG this. I got to Tatooine at 28 and felt shame at my lame speeder.

Not sure if it was mentioned already but!

You dont need modifying station to mod your gear!
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

• Spacebar skips cinematics of spaceships docking/departing.
    • When you hyperspace to a destination, you can immediately depart your ship without waiting for the hyperspace effect to complete.
    • Space missions (quests) give fast experience, and are easy with inexpensive Tier 1 ship upgrades available at any spacedock. It's a good way to add variety to leveling when you get tired of missions on a given planet.
    • Most cantinas sell consumables increasing presence (companion power) and out-of-combat health regen, great for world PvE. Also look out for stim vendors, who can be anywhere.
    • If your companion comes with multiple stances like healing/dps, double-check a stance is actually active! My companions frequently lose their stance. Click the companion bar + plus sign to expand it and view stances. Unfortunately, companion abilities cannot be rearranged to put stances on the "short bar." The long bar clutters the screen so I close it again after checking the stance.
    Last edited by Thalassicus; 2011-12-20 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamota View Post

Make sure you buy a speeder before you start Tatooine, trust me... Tatooine is hot and big... and big
    If you really want to appreciate that speeder you purchased before beginning Tatooine, ride around just the Dune Sea for a while. So much sand. >.<

Oh, and if you see a hot air like balloon in a place where you can get on it in the Dune Sea, do it.

Quote Originally Posted by alikyu View Post
    Being a completionist puts you 5 levels over content.

In SWTOR, you should not feel obligated to complete all the quests. Experience comes easily.
    This is very true be very careful, with a combination of PvP and being a completionist you can end being very over leveled for your story quest and they end paying you like +5 experience.

This is probably a repost but USE the Galactic Trade Market to sell all the random blue/purple items you find can make a nice cash out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassicus View Post
    • Spacebar skips the cinematic of ships landing/taking off from planets.
    • When you hyperspace to a destination in your ship, you can immediately depart the ship after leaving the galaxy map. The hyperspace effect is only visual.
    • Space missions (quests) give fast experience, and are easy with some inexpensive Tier 1 ship upgrades. It's a good way to add variety to leveling when you get tired of missions on a given planet.
    • Most cantinas sell consumables that increase presence (companion power) and out-of-combat health regeneration. These last an hour and are valuable for leveling.
    You can also change the music in the cantina by purchasing a jukebox token from the bartender and clicking on the jukebox.

Deleted
    There is an option you can activate somewhere in an ini file that lets you have chat bubbles.

You can spend points in other skill trees than your main one at any level (*shakes fist @ WoW*)

Thanks for the info about target of target and extra speeders on Tatooine! It's a shame I bought my space-segway like 15 minutes before the servers went down. Oh well, it's only 8k credits.

If you are a Consular and you like using Qyzen, do not spend hours and hours, asking in trade for Armstechs, upset that the only one you can get up to Coruscant is a lvl 10 vendor Techblade under the Senate, get frustrated and give up on it, then fly to Nar Shadar and grab the vendor one in 30 secs........

Its not like thorough searches of the Internet, and going back and forth helped...... sigh.

I hope I saved some of your life, I know I spent mine for this info.

• Spacebar skips cinematics of spaceships docking/departing.
    • When you hyperspace to a destination, you can immediately depart your ship without waiting for the hyperspace effect to complete.
    • Space missions (quests) give fast experience, and are easy with inexpensive Tier 1 ship upgrades available at any spacedock. It's a good way to add variety to leveling when you get tired of missions on a given planet.
    • Most cantinas sell consumables increasing presence (companion power) and out-of-combat health regen, great for world PvE. Also look out for stim vendors, who can be anywhere.
    • If your companion comes with multiple stances like healing/dps, double-check a stance is actually active! My companions frequently lose their stance. Click the companion bar + plus sign to expand it and view stances. Unfortunately, companion abilities cannot be rearranged to put stances on the "short bar." The long bar clutters the screen so I close it again after checking the stance.
    Someone in another thread said there was a way in your preferences setting to set that ability bar to the left side instead of the players if your companion has a lot of moves that you want to use, but still be able to use both of your bars. But you might be saying that.

You can reassign your companions abilities to the left action bar which seems more natural. It makes it very easy to keep an eye on what is active or not.

Your companions can craft up to five items at a time, simply click the craft button over and over.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Was probably mentioned but. You can fall off of just about everything. xD

A great one I found:

You can turn on an option called "loot area" - this will loot all corpses in the near area when you loot the first one. So good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
    Don't click things labelled "Mysterious" ;P
    Or "interesting". ^^

Ended up being one shot by a 500k boss. In the middle of nowhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Fannyd View Post
    A great one I found:

You can turn on an option called "loot area" - this will loot all corpses in the near area when you loot the first one. So good.
    Still waiting for my CE to arrive in the mail, but i did not know this..

Thank you! I found it very annoying to go from rift where you can kill loads of mobs and then only loot 1 to get everything in 1 loot screen, and then back to WoW where you have to loot every. Single. Mob..

Pressing ctrl + shift + f (I think) shows you your FPS in the lower left corner.
    Pressing Ctrl + U will hide the UI, then again will reload it. This is different than just hiding the UI with ctrl + z.

• You can RE the Pre-Order crystal to level Artifice at the beginning. (and actually make credits from it)
    • So far the known RE schematics you can aquire in order are... Green (RE)-> Blue (RE)-> Purple T1 (RE)-> Purple T2
    • If everyone in your party picks the same speech option you actually get more social points.
    • Orange items can be kept untill level 50 and still be viable by keeping the mods up to date.
    Last edited by Toccs; 2011-12-20 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    You can get your companions to go sell all your "Gray items" saves bag space while questing and instant creds