Set my expectations low.

A month ago, I wasn't even considering buying SW:TOR. I was just gonna wait until GW2 to come out and play skyrim every now and then, maybe even check out the new patch on WoW.

On December 15th, my friend convinced me to preorder with him since they were starting early game access on a few days sooner and we both started playing on saturday; He a bounty hunter and I a sith inquisitor. We just both got off long Skyrim dosages the past few weeks and the first thing we had to do when started playing was NOT look in every single room like it was a dungeon (it felt high quality, not like random mmo landscape). After 1 day and 2 hours of playtime in a 3 day period, we can both say that this blows every game we've ever played in the immersion category. The quest are amazing and since we group together we actually kid with each other on who wins the dialogue options (FUUUUU WHY DID YOU KILL HIM!!?!?) which I think says a lot. You actually get a choice, its interesting, the story is about YOU and it feels like it actually matters. Also, since we're IRL friends, the heroic areas are the best thing ever invented since we each have a companion it just takes us two to clear everything and it actually feels like you're playing with someone else, its not just tag-a-long.

I can say for a fact neither of us will be touching skyrim ever again (nothing against it, but trying to compare the last skyrim dragon quest vs the starting area quest for our respective classes is just sad.) I'm so glad I underestimated this game because it gave it the chance to completely blow my mind. If you're on the fence about getting it or even thinking about not getting it, I strongly urge you to give it a chance, because I can't even believe I even had to think about it once, I must have been out of my mind, and as a gamer I would've hated to miss out on the chance to experience this indescribable satisfaction.

TLDR: Generic "SWTOR IS AMAZING!!!" thread, except when I say amazing I actually mean it. [See: causing great surprise or sudden wonder.]

Deleted
    Im glad youre so excited about it, I am too. I spent a good 200h~ with Skyrim, but theres only so much satisfaction you can squeeze out of an RPG. MMO's however are different. Even though there are a lot of things that shouldve been fixed way back in beta its still a helluva gaming experience. Its kinda like being a kid around xmas time, super excited lol.

Deleted
    I was the same I had no expectations except £40 wasn't that much as i was bored and had 80+ in skyrim and Bf3 now i've almost 40 hrs into this and i'm glad i bought it.

sooo good

Good read mate. Couldn't agree more about being immersive.

It only gets better.. but word to the wise: on Taris, track one thing at a time lest your computer get raped (memory leak bug).