Thread: Mod-able Gear

Mod-able Gear

First, I get that I can interchange low lv modes for higher lvl modes to keep an item competitive.

However, I striped a 1h light saber to its bare minimum and it had like 68 force power.

My question is:

Will it be overtaken by lv 50 gear even with lv 50 mods because of high base force power on high lv light sabers?

Because if so then the mod-able gear isn't going to be competitive to lv 50 like they claim.

Same with Mod-able armor. What about the base armor value? Sure you might have the stats but you are missing like 200-500 armor a piece.

Whats the deal?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

There will always be fairly low base stats on all weapons, but the difference between that level 10 lightsaber and a level 30 one is about 14 FP i think. Mods easily make that negligible. For a min-maxer, that will make a difference. For most, it's pick the hilt that looks coolest.

Armor is similar, with a very slight base armor value.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    There will always be fairly low base stats on all weapons, but the difference between that level 10 lightsaber and a level 30 one is about 14 FP i think. Mods easily make that negligible. For a min-maxer, that will make a difference. For most, it's pick the hilt that looks coolest.

Armor is similar, with a very slight base armor value.
    There is a value when you take all your mods out, but that is not added to the mods you put in. Put the same mods in a level 10 orange and then a level 50 orange and you will have the exact same stats.

Quote Originally Posted by torftw View Post
    There is a value when you take all your mods out, but that is not added to the mods you put in. Put the same mods in a level 10 orange and then a level 50 orange and you will have the exact same stats.
    Interesting.

So 5 lv 50 mods would give the item like... lv200 ilv and bring the base stat up?

If armor does have different base stats, it's not until very late game. Every piece of "orange-customizable" chest armor I've found (< 32) has the same base armor. I've been assembling a Bounty Hunter set with a chrome look to it.

The armor rating depends on the quality of mods in the piece. I have not tested if the "armor mod" slot determines armor rating, or a combination of all the mods.
    Last edited by Thalassicus; 2011-12-20 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassicus View Post
    If armor does have different base stats, it's not until very late game. Every piece of "orange-customizable" chest armor I've found (< 32) has the same base armor. I've been building a Bounty Hunter set that has a chrome look to it.

The armor rating depends on the quality of the armor mod in the piece.
    This is reassuring. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    Interesting.

So 5 lv 50 mods would give the item like... lv200 ilv and bring the base stat up?
    The mods define the stats in the item, there is just a default number when you take them out just so it doesn't do 0 damage or 0 armor. The mods don't give ilvls, they are ranked by a stat you can use like ilvl, but the barrel/hilt/armoring is what gives you the damage/armor, while the rest just give stats. You can have a level 50 barrel in your level 10 gun along with 4 other level 10 mods. What will happen is that it will do the damage of a level 50 gun, but have terrible stats.