Deleted

No active subscription error

EU servers should be up, when i try to login i still get the "there is currently no active subscription on this account, activate your account here." message, even though it says i have an active subscription (89 days of play time) in my account page.

Anyone know what could be causing this?

I have the exact same problem..
    and i really dont know whow to solve it...

Same thing here. I'm hoping I can find a solution before I leave for work.

Deleted
    Same thing here in EU btw I guess they are slowly turning them on to ease flow

I have the same issue. I bought the game yesterday ( pre-order).
    It installed overnight, and i have been getting the ** no active subscription error***
    since then. I have enrolled and gave my credit card and all that stuff through the account page..
    They say im good to go but no dice.

Deleted
    The forums on SWOR are not amused neither is 4chan...

I also get this error even though i had it all set up and ready to play last night well before the maintenance...rather irritating

the finally removed the region lock on origin so i can actually buy this game off them and i get this crap too, sigh, its just one problem after another, i'm starting to miss blizzard. At least i dont get bs like this when trying to play their games ...........

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=55455

/facedesk

Might aswell try get some more sleep

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 05:56 AM ----------

Fuck...thats it sorted for me...cya :P

I havent bought a game card and dont have a credit card to subscribe with. But i will be fighting the as sholes in customer support....

The game i purchases has this on the back cover "THE FIRST 30 DAYS OF SUBSCRIPTION FEES ARE INCLUDED IN PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCT."

On the instructions for installing and playing the game it reads.
    1.GO TO swtor redeem/game
    2.CLICK "REDEEM YOUR PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE" (YOU WILL BE PROMPTED TO LOG IN OR CREATE A STAR WAR: THE OLD REPUBLIC ACCOUNT IF NEEDED)
    3. ENTER AND CONFIRM YOUR PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE WHEN PROMPTED.
    4. FALLOW ON-SCREEN INSTRUCTIONS TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION.
    5 INSTALL THE GAME AND BEGIN PLAYING

At the bottom of the same page it again states,
    "THE FIRST 30 DAYS OF SUBSCRIPTION FEES ARE INCLUDED IN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT."
    I have fallowed all instructions provided with the game and attempted to play the game.
    At this point i got an error saying
    There is currently no active subscription on this account. Activate your account here the here

Here they provide a list of tasks that must be completed to play. I fallowed all the steps then came subscription step and get this message

"You have 29 days of play time remaining. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play. If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current remaining play time."

They are refusing to allow me to use the time i have paid for until I pay more, while the time i paid for is slowly disappearing.
    Last edited by patrat; 2012-01-04 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patrat View Post
    The game i purchases has this on the back cover "THE FIRST 30 DAYS OF SUBSCRIPTION FEES ARE INCLUDED IN PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCT."
    And the game I bought has this in block capitals on the FRONT cover:

"Valid and accepted payment method and paid subscription or paid game time card (if available) and internet connection required to play game."

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    And the game I bought has this in block capitals on the FRONT cover:

"Valid and accepted payment method and paid subscription or paid game time card (if available) and internet connection required to play game."
    On the front before that statement it does not say minimum requirements. In addition it says "(IF AVAILABLE)". That is like a game that says min requirements and then says suggested requirements.

My front reads differently then yours.

VALID CREDIT CARD OR PAID GAME CARD (IF AVAILABLE). INTERNET CONNECTION AND PAID SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED TO PLAY THE GAME. 30-DAY SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE.

So by purchasing the game I have meet the requirements of the paid subscription for 30 days. The credit card or game card are separated from paid subscription requirement and are optional. Nowhere on the game or in the game does it say that additional purchase is needed to get the 30 day subscription purchased with the game. The requirement of a subscription is separate from the payment methods. As a subscription is purchased with the game the requirement it met.
    Last edited by patrat; 2012-01-04 at 03:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patrat View Post
    On the front before that statement it does not say minimum requirements. In addition it says "(IF AVAILABLE)". That is like a game that says min requirements and then says suggested requirements.

My front reads differently then yours.

VALID CREDIT CARD OR PAID GAME CARD (IF AVAILABLE). INTERNET CONNECTION AND PAID SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED TO PLAY THE GAME. 30-DAY SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE.

So by purchasing the game I have meet the requirements of the paid subscription for 30 days. The credit card or game card are separated from paid subscription requirement and are optional. Nowhere on the game or in the game does it say that additional purchase is needed to get the 30 day subscription purchased with the game. The requirement of a subscription is separate from the payment methods. As a subscription is purchased with the game the requirement it met.
    It says exactly that from Contents post. A valid and accepted payment method and paid subscription is required to play the game. That includes the 30 free days. No additional purchase is needed at all, you just need to have a valid credit card on your active subscription even if you mean to cancel before the 30 free days are up.

It does not say the same thing.

His statement does not separate the optional payment methods from the internet connect or the subscription requirement.

Payment type and Subscription are separated on mine though he may have been paraphrasing.

Separate payment types from requirements of subscription make a world of difference. Additionally he does not include the last statement that the purchase includes a 30 day subscription.

If You believe that his paraphrasing is correct then I will remove periods from statements as well. Since according to your statement that his is the same the periods do not change the statements.

SERIAL CODE IS NON-TRANSFERABLE ONCE USED PAID SUBSCRIPTION AND VALID PAYMENT METHOD REQUIRED TO PLAY.

Contra proferentem
    Last edited by patrat; 2012-01-05 at 03:08 AM.