Computer is locking up during gaming...

I recently built a computer and it only freezes during intense games (BF3, SC2, SWTOR) but it never happens when I'm playing WoW.

My GPU reaches up to 92C during a stress test (Furmark) and about 90 during gaming. It locks up pretty quickly and I'm wondering if it COULD be my GPU overheating.

(already done a RAM test and it fine)

Any help is appreciated.

only thing I can think of is to reseat your graphics card and heatsink

Quote Originally Posted by Mtay View Post
    only thing I can think of is to reseat your graphics card and heatsink
    First time building a computer...could airflow direction really mess things up?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    My GPU reaches up to 92C during a stress test (Furmark) and about 90 during gaming. It locks up pretty quickly and I'm wondering if it COULD be my GPU overheating.
    Depends on the card, I believe my HD6950 has a max operating temp of 95C and maxes out around 85-88C while playing Skyrim. What are your CPU temps? Are your graphics drivers fully updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    First time building a computer...could airflow direction really mess things up?
    It could, if the system is retaining more hot air inside the case than it's exhausting it could cause some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Depends on the card, I believe my HD6950 has a max operating temp of 95C and maxes out around 85-88C while playing Skyrim. What are your CPU temps? Are your graphics drivers fully updated?
    CPU temps are in the low 70s and yes, my drivers are up to date.

Take a picture of your case, did you leave the wires a mess or did you tie them up and cable manage them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtay View Post
    Take a picture of your case, did you leave the wires a mess or did you tie them up and cable manage them?

Only picture I have atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please post as much information as you can -

get the newest drivers for your card.
    post an image (or link to an imgur uploaded image) of cpu-z, gpu-z, and appropriate temp monitoring for both the CPU and GPU while under stress.

Pictures of the inside of your case as well as fan setups (size, where the are, and airflow direction) will also help.