Destruction and Haste.

Noted some confusing things today, the sticky says 2589 (2437 as goblin) for the extra immolate tick, and the destruction guide over at elitist jerks says 2681 Haste rating (2527 rating for Goblins)

So... wich one is it?

2681, it's only for an extra immolate tick during BL, but it's not far out of reach from the more significant 2589 breakpoint anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just looked at it on EJ, Under the haste and DoT section, it says when raid buffed 2589 (goblin 2437).

So 2589 is for an additional immolate tick, and 2681 is for yet another one, but only during BL?

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    I just looked at it on EJ, Under the haste and DoT section, it says when raid buffed 2589 (goblin 2437).
    2681 Haste rating (2527 rating for Goblins) with full raid buffs provides Immolate with an additional 4 ticks (9 total) while under the effect of Heroism/Bloodlust. (copy paste from destruction guide on EJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Holian View Post
    So 2589 is for an additional immolate tick, and 2681 is for yet another one, but only during BL?
    That's correct.

thanks for the help =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holian View Post

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 11:24 AM ----------

2681 Haste rating (2527 rating for Goblins) with full raid buffs provides Immolate with an additional 4 ticks (9 total) while under the effect of Heroism/Bloodlust. (copy paste from destruction guide on EJ)
    What I was looking at was this(though It's in a chart form on there)

Therefore, the haste thresholds for Immolate are (raid buffed):
    1 9.9% 218 90
    2 30% 2589 2437
    3 49.9% 4951 4776
    4 70% 7326 7127

Though it looks like the 2681 comes from Beskar said, another one through Hero/bloodlust/warp(Which the MMO champ guide doesn't have anything about, apparently)

It actually does explain it, at least sort of... just not explicitly. For just about any haste breakpoint you can imagine, you can find it in this spreadsheet, which there's also a link to in gakpad's guide.

It doesn't matter how much haste you get, just get as much as you can. Even in the 3000+ range it's still giving a DPS benefit greater than crit or mastery even though you will frequently be casting spells that are shorter than the GCD cap. Don't ask me, ask simcraft.
    Every single person who refers to heroic bosses as "HC" is a god damn noob. CY@ shitty
    Also if you can't give proof or back up what you're saying don't respond to me, seriously.

Deleted
    That is not what I get, Mastery and Crit are significantly higher than haste after BL threadshold for me.

Quote Originally Posted by blgdinger View Post
    It doesn't matter how much haste you get, just get as much as you can. Even in the 3000+ range it's still giving a DPS benefit greater than crit or mastery even though you will frequently be casting spells that are shorter than the GCD cap. Don't ask me, ask simcraft.
    Haste is always a gain ofcourse, but gaining 100 haste and going over an immolate threshhold is MUCH more important than 100 haste that will just decrease some cast time, it brings that haste up almost equal with intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    That is not what I get, Mastery and Crit are significantly higher than haste after BL threadshold for me.
    It makes no sense to go over the 2681 threshold, and I can't explain what the issue is with haste still being so beneficial. I'm definitely not saying that my word is gospel on this matter, but that from tests I've seen haste still reigns superior.

My big question is still at what point can you use soulfire as a filler? Insignia of the Corrupted Mind can easily double the amount of haste rating you have, and combined with bloodlust/heroism it seems very viable to be using soulfire.
    Every single person who refers to heroic bosses as "HC" is a god damn noob. CY@ shitty
    Also if you can't give proof or back up what you're saying don't respond to me, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by blgdinger View Post
    It makes no sense to go over the 2681 threshold, and I can't explain what the issue is with haste still being so beneficial. I'm definitely not saying that my word is gospel on this matter, but that from tests I've seen haste still reigns superior.

My big question is still at what point can you use soulfire as a filler? Insignia of the Corrupted Mind can easily double the amount of haste rating you have, and combined with bloodlust/heroism it seems very viable to be using soulfire.
    After 2681 haste rating crit and mastery provide a bigger dps increase than haste if u ckeck stat weights on simcraft it will prove this.

I started a thread 2 days ago about soulfire filler and did extensive sims testing when if ever soulfire would provide a dps increase if used as a filler. Off the top of my head the results were

During Iotcm proc- 1 dps loss
    During Iotcm proc + bloodlust -7dps loss
    During Iotcm + blust+20% haste during madness of deathwing- no dps loss or increase

So in short the answer is soulfire is never a better filler but its close

This is what I have found as well. With my current gear at the 2681 Threshold, I get Mastery = Crit. I shifted to mastery for a week, and have now switched to Crit, and am finding Crit to be an increase over Mastery. Although, this could be due to the more random nature of the crit rating, I'm still inclined to lean on Mastery since it is a guaranteed increase.

Quote Originally Posted by smokieazgalor View Post
    After 2681 haste rating crit and mastery provide a bigger dps increase than haste if u ckeck stat weights on simcraft it will prove this.

I started a thread 2 days ago about soulfire filler and did extensive sims testing when if ever soulfire would provide a dps increase if used as a filler. Off the top of my head the results were

During Iotcm proc- 1 dps loss
    During Iotcm proc + bloodlust -7dps loss
    During Iotcm + blust+20% haste during madness of deathwing- no dps loss or increase

So in short the answer is soulfire is never a better filler but its close
    I hope you saved the sims for that...

I didn't. Why should i have saved them?

Quote Originally Posted by smokieazgalor View Post
    I didn't. Why should i have saved them?
    Would have been nice to look through said sims seeing how you set them up and all the results. Especially regarding the haste buff on madness, because it would definitely be a dps increase there.

You can easily sim this yourself, remove blust from your action list and start by adding 2904 haste to your gear (iotcm haste proc) then sim using incin as a filler then again with soulfire as a filler, next add another 20% haste and compare again and so on