Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    very cool that a new guild got world fist final boss kill. albeit, it wasn't as cool as the lich king but its definitely an achievement.
    weeee!

Thanks for the interview, they seem to have been preparing for this for a long time!

Big props to them, but benching an enhancement shaman just because his pets don't attack the right target isn't cool. They do mediocre DPS at best. Eh, seems stupid to me. But, good job anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oknaps View Post
    Big props to them, but benching an enhancement shaman just because his pets don't attack the right target isn't cool. They do mediocre DPS at best. Eh, seems stupid to me. But, good job anyways.
    Lol? The dps required for kills is very high, even 100 dps can be a difference between a kill and a wipe, besides timing is very important too, if a tendon would have been down 1 sec later Im sure they could have wiped just because of that.
    Please remember that these people killed Heroic bosses very early with very "low" gear, they really needed to bench the worse and play with the best to be able to kill it.

thanks for the interview and gz to kin raiders

Great interview and great translation, more people need to read this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good read

I would love if at one point, someone winning something hard.. In any game/sport/competetion. Is given an interview, where the question comes: "Any advice for others trying to achiev the same as you have achieved?" - "Yes, 1 thing. This is crucial.. I tell my kids this every day.. The 1 thing you absolutely have to do, to make it in this world. Is... To be BATMAN!!! NaNAnanNAananaNANnana BATMAN!" - And then he tugs his cape over his torso, right beneath the eyes. Gives an evil glanse. Hisses. And lift his left arm and run away, asif flying. Yes, I said flying. The reporter then does the same.
    I like juice

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice read, thank you

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL at the shaman had to be benched then he came back :P

Insane preparations. Congrats KIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: Is there a reason why you did that?
    A: Every patch, we as a guild, had problems with limited roster. However, we feel that composition is far more important than the number of raiders. Say we have 25 people online. If those 25 people have access to most of the classes, creating a fitting raid composition becomes very easy.

For DS, each member had 2-4 classes ready for progression.
    And that, people, is why KIN won over other guilds that go by number of members instead of number of classes a member plays.

THEY WERE NO--Wait wut. I guess they were prepared...

Although the GM in the picture... is suspicious.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I'm a little surprised, actually, that they benched prot pallies for Madness. We were theorising that prot pallies would be a great choice for the fight because of their ability to AD Impale.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsusemi View Post
    Also, enhancement Shamans and Hunters had to be benched for Madness encounter as the pets weren't attacking tendons.
    damn that pesky tendon that some how 1 shots pets without targeting them or doing dmg to them

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    I'm a little surprised, actually, that they benched prot pallies for Madness. We were theorising that prot pallies would be a great choice for the fight because of their ability to AD Impale.
    It's possible they really valued the DK and Druid tier sets more that can give +healing. Druid can give it for a major damage phase and DKs can give a smaller one, but more often, for things like post-Elementium Bolts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    And that, people, is why KIN won over other guilds that go by number of members instead of number of classes a member plays.

Suspicious? I'd say it's telling - if he was around enough to be involved and actually pose for the picture, it had to be legit.

Anyways, they sound like nice folks. It's great to have more blood at the top of the charts. Makes the races much more interesting, you know? It'd be like if the other football teams never had a chance, while 2 teams are always winning. Much more interesting with a variety of guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Interesting the number of tries in each phase of Deathwing... 300 in Spine, 100 in Madness... Looks like Spine is the real challenge this tier...

Also, Paragon said that it took them 500 tries do down Ragnaros in Firelands. I find it odd that the final boss of the expansion is not the "hardest" encounter. But that´s just me.
    Paragon used 500 attempts on Ragnaros yes. But don't compare those 500 attempts to KINs 300+100 attempts, Paragon are still on Spine several days after KINs kill. They may already be well above 500 attempts for Spine alone. I agree that it's a bit odd that Madness seems easier than Spine but I don't think the combined Deathwing fight is easier than Rags was.

On topic - Thanks for the translation, was indeed a good read.

funny quote which i could catch from korean community. (i'm not sure 100%, but the translation must fit)
    "Kimchi-man's racial traits is Dragon slaying."
    i lold.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SAYING ITS SUSPICIOUS! He is there to monitor the kill, just like ANY other guild was with Sinestra, Cho'gal, Rag, ect. To make sure no bugs are exploited and to make hot fixes ON THE SPOT if things arnt supposed to happen, to ensure it's a LEGIT kill. Get. Over. It.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Eh, when you have people with 4 chars they can be playing, there's no reason to have them on anything but the BEST spec. I'm sure people will blow it way out of proportion, as usual.
    The Enhance and Hunters being benched because their pets couldn't attack the tendons is a pretty big deal in a hard out DPS check fight. Where was the hot fix for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post

Also, Paragon said that it took them 500 tries do down Ragnaros in Firelands. I find it odd that the final boss of the expansion is not the "hardest" encounter. But that´s just me.
    True that madness is the final encounter and separate from spine, but consider that they ARE both Deathwing and technically they are both part of the final boss of the expansion