Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    on the subject of rewards and elitist jerks
    will /rank be in gw2? ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auralian View Post
    You get a shinny medal and a shirt that says "Kiss me I'm a Elites Jerk"
    You know there are elites who arnt jerks. Idk why so many people complain about people who are good, are assholes. Your hanging out with the wrong people. Being in a in top #30 world guild at times. We kicked elites jerks out. Synergy > Skills

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    ha?
    nothing I have seen indicates anywhere that all content is available to everyone from the beginning, quest still have lvl suggestion and you won't be able to do a lvl 50 quest at lvl 10, not sure about dungeons, but I will probably work in the same way
    so no, all content isn't available to everyone from the beginning
    From the GW2Wiki:

In the sidekick system a character's level is modified to match the level of the other characters they are with or the area they are in. A low-level character wanting to play higher-level content will have their power scaled up to be more equal to the higher level characters they are with. Sidekicking also applies in reverse. A character wanting to play lower-level content will have their level scaled down so they do not overly disrupt lower level content but can still experience content they may have missed when they were a lower level.[1]

The sidekick system has been mentioned for characters entering World PvP and also for preventing griefing of low level PvE events by high-level players.

A sidekicked character will still receive experience and equipment that is somewhat equivalent to the actual characters level though not as much as if the character was participating in level appropriate content.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverlad View Post
    From the GW2Wiki:
    yeah, can't keep track of everything, so missed that one
    thanks for the clarification ^^

NP Enosh. Lots of information, little personal experience for anyone. It's easy to miss a bit here or there.

To add to some of the answers, the ability to defeat others.

Somehow I feel like this fact is overlooked, just the shear enjoyment of defeating another player is what gets me hooked especially when I know I outplayed them and HARD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodygrinder View Post
    To add to some of the answers, the ability to defeat others.

Somehow I feel like this fact is overlooked, just the shear enjoyment of defeating another player is what gets me hooked especially when I know I outplayed them and HARD.
    At first when I saw the downed state in a PvP game I was thinking to myself 'WTF I have to go up to the person just to kill them, and they still can technically defeat me? Is this Call of Duty or something (Last stand or even more close to Gears of War bleed out)?" But now seeing the recent PvP games I see how this will be a good system. More towards the Skill side and the teamwork.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowviper View Post
    At first when I saw the downed state in a PvP game I was thinking to myself 'WTF I have to go up to the person just to kill them, and they still can technically defeat me? Is this Call of Duty or something (Last stand or even more close to Gears of War bleed out)?" But now seeing the recent PvP games I see how this will be a good system. More towards the Skill side and the teamwork.
    Yea and it will be really cool and strategic to decide if you going to let him bleed out for a while with the possibility of a team mate coming along or killing him.

Deleted
    Most have probably been said in this thread about the subject but I'm gonna stick in here anyway...

If I understand it correctly you will be rewarded with better looks instead of better stats. I thought about it for a second and without being a mindless fanboy I will say that it sounds kinda great. Stat advantage was one of those things that I really hated in WoW. I as an experienced arena player could get easily stomped in battlegrounds by anyone just because I had to farm gear for my recently max-leveled alt toon. It didn't matter how good I was at all, I had to struggle day after day with blue items to even be able to get any kind of enjoyment what so ever. When I think about it, I can't even believe I put up with that shit in the first place, it's simply unacceptable.

So, I think that stat advantage rewards is a terrible idea. You need some kind of reward though, some kind of "show-off", because owning people doesn't always cut it in the long run. I really believe cosmetic rewards is enough, and is the right way to go. Actually, I only wanted next-tier gear in WoW for the looks alone, and to be on par stat-wise with the rest of course. That won't be an issue in GW2 so that leaves me only wanting the looks.