Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Guild Wars 2 Year End Development Update

So, yeah. ArenaNet updated their blog with some new things, like how achievements will work, Thief's steal skill improved, and more fluid combat. Have a good read.

http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...lopment-update

Deleted
    I just did read it.
    I'm not sure if I really understood that achievement part, it's kinda confusing.
    Daily and monthly achievements? 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I just did read it.
    I'm not sure if I really understood that achievement part, it's kinda confusing.
    Sounds like Daily Quests, and Monthly Quests.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Sounds like Daily Quests, and Monthly Quests.
    Exactly, I completely agree! Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I just did read it.
    As I understand it, daily achievements are something that you can complete every day, and get a small reward from it as money, and experience, maybe pretty much as World of Warcraft's daily quests, but they prefer to call them daily achievements, they won't work like quests, that you must pick something up, do it, and turn it back in, I think it's more like of ''Explore, enjoy 5 dynamic events, and this daily achievement is yours, some extra cash and experience''

Monthly achievements maybe work the same way, but... in a monthly way?

I don't know derp, was just guessing \ o /

Let's see and wait m'kay ?

monthly achievements are different each month as far as I got it. So there will be specific tasks

from the blog:
    Monthly achievements are a new addition to the game and serve the purpose of bridging the gap between the short-term goals offered by daily achievements and the long-term goals offered by regular achievements. Monthly achievements are intended to be more difficult to complete than daily achievements and usually encompass a variety of different types of content, from completing dungeons to social activities to participating in competitive PvP. As a player completes tiers in their monthly achievements, they will receive achievement points as well as a chest containing gold and experience orbs. Much like daily achievements, any achievement points earned also contribute toward a special bonus chest. Monthly achievements reset every month, but unlike daily achievements, they change to a completely new set of achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG leaping death blossom Asura girl

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    And now I want to make an Asura Thief instead of my planned Engineer >_< Blast you Arenanet!

The daily achievements seem nice, you get rewarded for doing what you probably would have been doing anyway. Will be a good excuse to go re-do dynamic events and get out in the world instead of AFKing in town.

I wonder what the monthly achievements will involve? Finish all dungeons using explorable version 1? Hopefully nothing like "go kill 1000 centaurs".

*edit* is it weird that I find that Asuran hot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by englanda View Post
    To be honest... No, actually not, I found her pretty hot as well..

Now I know what my second character will be.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. Ask Mif though, he has an a Asura fetish obsession.

That was... actually a rather elegant way to incorporate daily quests without locking you into going to the same batch of quest givers each day. They can make them general enough that you'll accomplish them just by doing what you'd normally do. Like to do competitive PVP? we've got an achievement for that, go win X matches. Like to kill monsters? Hey look achievement with a reward for every X monsters you kill. Like to hunt for DEs, Explore, Run dungeons, WVWVW? hey look more achievements. Simple and elegant. I like the K.I.S.S principle they seem to be operating under. Also because they can just make achieves for what you'd do anyway you dont feel like your forced to do something you don't like just to complete your daily's. If your a real overachiever and want to do everyone it might feel like a job but either way your being rewarded for what you want to do.

Monthly sound more like giveing you a goal for the month. You can pursue them or not and you wont have to do the same ones each month.

Who is John Galt?

Enough about achievements, I DEMAND more Asuran chicks.

Very interesting and glad that Arenanet is taking time to fix the little issues. Also...that Charr was awesome.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    is it weird that I find that Asuran hot?
    Yes, yes it is very weird.
    *Vomit*

Cute maybe. Like a puppy or something. Hot? No.. no way.

As for the achievement system, I can't wait! I've always been an achievement whore!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope we get to see more information as we get closer to release. I'd love to watch or read a ton of fun stuff on how they developed this game over time, their ideas, etc.

I'm hoping the collectors edition comes with a "making-of" documentary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping the collectors edition comes with a "making-of" documentary.
    Now that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Now I'm considering swapping my planned Human Thief to an Asura and my planned Asuran Elementalist to a Human. Oh, ArenaNet. You always have me changing my plans.

Deleted
    Who whoa whoa! you find these things hot and/or cute!... MIF! stop with the cookies they're warping people minds into twisted versions of their former selves. Eugh think of the Asura hentai that will be mad when GW2 is release... eugh! 'goes to watch 2 girls 1 cup to cleanse the mind'.
    Last edited by mmoc42747a85ed; 2011-12-21 at 04:42 AM.