Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Man, its ashame people even QQ when there's no problem. Damn bros...

Deleted
    But if they dont get your "fake" payment how else could they say that they got xxx subscribers? If people using the free month does not count otherwise.

Deleted
    Meh, what to do then

Can always send them an angry letter 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    Meh, what to do then

Or..Enter your debit/credit number and enjoy your free month, it changes nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    Meh, what to do then

Why?? For doing what every other MMO through history have done that has a sub fee? Your logic is flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been like this with every Subscription based MMO I've ever played. You're not even giving them any money until your free month wears off and you can easily just unsub before then.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    why would you spend $60 on a MMO when you have no intention of playing more than a month?
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

This was not secret information, 30 days of free playtime is accurate, give your CC and cancel / don't sub if you don't like it. Quit bitching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ÐundeeDS View Post
    a little warning would have been appreciated to say the least.
    Have you even read the instructions on the box/SWTOR website? So many people making posts to complain about nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by counterhero View Post
    In wow you don't have too
    Yes you do. You need to put payment info BEFORE you get your free month. This has always been the case with sub-based MMOs since frikken UO. Seriously, have you guys been born yesterday?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I remember that way back when I first bought WoW, I needed to buy a game card with it, because without it, it would not give me my additional free gaming time.
    I could have had it without buying that game card, but then I'd have needed to set up a credit card subscription... Something I am unwilling to do.
    Nevertheless, once I got the game card, I had three months of play. Two months for the card, and one month 'free' because of my copy of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started wow in 2007 and the only time i actually set up a subscription was now to get the annual pass, but different companies different practices.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go to walmart and pick up a prepaid credit card. Enjoy.

Deleted
    I swear they took that off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bunch of sad, sad people in this thread.

As someone stated, this has been common practice for MMOs since UO. WoW does it, EQ did/does it, etc. What you guys are failing to understand is that it doesn't REQUIRE a credit/debit card, it just requires something saying you have money. I.E game cards.

On top of that, right on the box, it tells you about this. This is no secret, it wasn't hidden. Don't blame them because you were too lazy to read. I'm pretty sure they even mention this on the website.

Also, if you use a credit/debit card, it DOES charge something. They charge $1 to the account to make sure it's valid, and then refund it immediately. And by immediately, I mean whenever your account/bank/whatever decides to update it. I put mine in two days ago, and it STILL hasn't refunded that $1 >.>

Besides that, just use a freaking game card. And really, why did you waste $60 on an MMO if you don't plan on paying past the first month? Seems like a serious waste of money if you ask me.

From the Box:
    Valid Credit Card or Paid Game Card (If Available), Internet Connection and Paid Subscription Required to Play Game. 30-Day Subscription Included With Purchase.
    Also, see the post by ender.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. to boring), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...nt-signatures/ - Regards, Dudeman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by counterhero View Post
    Nope. You don't. I have never had to set up a subscription before playing WoW. Just enter cd key. and fill out my name and stuff. Never had to give them my cc info.
    Yes you do. I am 100% certain. ALL P2P MMOs require a valid payment plan before you can start playing. EQ/EQ2/Rift/AoC/WAR/WoW all required it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Can't you use paypal to subscribe? Just make a paypal account if you can, probably only need bank account details for it.

Other then that ask a friend to help you out. As soon as you but in the details you can immediately cancel the sub so it don't get changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ÐundeeDS View Post
    I picked up my copy of swtor today, install it and all that shiz, only to find out i have to give them more money upfront to play this?? WTF? I mean the game clearly says 30 days free game time. a little warning would have been appreciated to say the least.
    No they don't. I'm pretty sure WoW does it too, but they want a method of payment shown so that you can carry on your subscription afterwards. You're not actually paying for a month until your free month is up, by which time you could cancel it anyway.

This is also being discussed in a thread here, which is up to 6 pages now.