Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    A post i feel should be read...check it out

http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/201...ghettoing.html

I think it pretty much describes very well whats happening to WoW...personally as for ToR...its interesting cause people are revelling at ToR's aewsome leveling experience and it is keeping people hooked but im still under the confident opinion that end game in ToR is non existent, i just don't see its end game keeping people playing but hey i could be wrong...i'm interested to see how it pans out.

after watching a couple of gameplay vids 4 weeks ago when the NDA was lifted, this is what I had come to realize: this game will be big. REALLY big.

I really don't see TOR taking over WoW in subs anytime soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorow View Post
    Posts like this is what I hate. Your basis your end game opinion based upon what a forum poster said. There is plenty to do at 50 include Flashpoints, Operations, PVP, Dailies, Weeklys, Crafting and much more. Level up to 50 first before making end game decisions.
    Those are exactly the same freakin' things you can do in WoW right now. And this would be the "next big thing" in MMOs? Lets hope GW2 lives to its hype at least...
    Last edited by mmoc785ca38ad1; 2011-12-21 at 12:52 PM.

It could have - if the game wasn't technologically castrated to liken it to WoW. They could have blown WoW out of the water if they actually embraced modern technology, design know-how and the many trials and errors witnessed during these many long years. At the same time, though, even if a game were legitimately better than WoW at everything that WoW does, it would still likely be eclipsed by WoW, unless it were given a lot of exposure and a very long time to leech players.

I partly blame WoW for stagnating the industry, but other MMO developers also deserve a right slapping for - up until this point - making no effort towards breaking the stagnant formula. Sadly (for the genre) WoW has reached a cult-like status and will likely remain in its position for all time or until a direct successor comes out. The game could degenerate into a total mess - by modern standards, there's a strong case to be made that a good many parts of the game are a total mess - but it would remain extremely popular. Such is the nature of a large and dedicated fanbase.

Deleted
    If blizzard dosent get smarter absolutely yes.

Well I expect WoW to keep falling and I am very impressed with SWTOR, so I expect their numbers to grow.

I used to love WoW, but I am sick of it completely now, I'm sure I'm not alone. I do wonder how many people just continue to play WoW because of friends/guild, that's what kept me for too long.

It certainly won't knock WoW off its throne, but it will make a respectable dent.

Deleted
    Yes... it seems i d-... nope sorry, subscribing to WoW in month or so, after 2 year break.

Deleted
    I made an account just to say this: who cares. Who cares if The old Republic takes over WoW in subscriptions or any other way? WoW is WoW, and ToR is ToR. Enjoy them both, without endlessly comparing one with the other; or don't enjoy them - it's your call really. There's no need to endlessly making comparisons or assumptions that one game is better than the other because of reason X and Y. The games are both different, and granted they share similarities in that they are both MMORPGS, they're much like different Final Fantasies; same genre, same game type, but different games with different stories, graphics, and objectives.

Just play the games you want to play, and please, enjoy the games you like, but at the end of the day there's no need - and indeed, no point - to compare WoW with SW:TOR until the end of time. It's your personal opinion and personal preference that makes the game what it is for you. If The old Republic takes over WoW in subscriptions, it'll be because more people enjoy playing that game, and only time will tell whether it has a long-term appeal, or if it's just another one-day-fly MMO.

Perhaps not take over it but as I said in another thread, I hope WoW gets weakened by this and feels forced to deliver more epic content.

Healthy competition is never wrong
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

No, it's just another MMO that are trying to compete with WoW and it will fail just like the others.
    But it seems like it's the best competitor to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, i still have my raid group and my guild

Quote Originally Posted by BCFCrn View Post
    Whats your thoughts on this? I myself see ToR has potential.
    why does it have too?

Are both games not decent and good enough to both do well?

My only thought to this is...

"6 reskinned bosses" oh and "pandas and Pokemon"

Will it kill WoW no but it will put a good hurting on them and make Blizzard take a long hard look at their choices
    God is great, Beer is good, and people are crazy