Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I for one am all for a LFD equivalent in SWTOR.

Being unable to play the game because I have to wait in a social hub to spam the same text in chat every 5 minutes is not my idea of fun. LFD allows the players to simply queue up and continue what they were doing, thus, having fun.

The community did not all of a sudden become foul and wretched because of LFD, causation/correlation and all that.
    Because of LFD, you come in contact with a lot more people, and of course, some of them will have the intellectual capacities of a platypus on heroine. If you don't want to play with random people, by all means, get a guild group, that's perfectly fine.

My point being, LFD is probably the best Quality-of-life feature ever implemented into WoW, and it should definitely be in SWTOR.

HOWEVER, it should not take the same route as wow's LFD, where players are practically forced to run at least 1 dungeon per day to get badges, so people who don't actually want to do them, can just skip the dungeons.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    HOWEVER, it should not take the same route as wow's LFD, where players are practically forced to run at least 1 dungeon per day to get badges, so people who don't actually want to do them, can just skip the dungeons.
    How does one gear up to raid then?

Quote Originally Posted by hexify View Post
    Not through daily badges ****. There is nothing worse than HAVING to log in everyday. When you HAVE to log in, it takes away the fun.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hexify View Post
    I was referring to people who already have raid gear, but are forced to do their daily dungeon to get those extra emblems. In fact when running a LFD, I much rather had people with slightly worse gear in my group than people with near-BIS gear, since usually the latter just wanted to do the dungeon fast because they were bored, which makes the experience less fun for the other group members.

Not sure if they changed the system in the latest patches since I haven't played wow in a while now.

Dungeons (and any content for that matter) should be done because you want to do them, not because you HAVE to
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    No there isn't one, you actually need to spam general with LFG messages like a moron.
    As opposed to being a moron and hitting an LFD button?

One argument I hear is that LFD ruins the social aspect of finding a group. However, the only part it removes is the "LFG XYZ" portion. What difference does it make if you are thrown into group of 3 other randoms by a system or get there by spamming chat? Once you are in the instance it's the same random people no matter how you got there. Especially right now since there isn't really a good way to judge how "good" someone is. People who don't want to use the LFD system still have the same options of using friends list or guild runs.

Now, I understand that if it's cross server you may not see these people ever again, but I see this same argument from people opposed to any LFD system at all.

I don't understand what everyone's problem with LFD is. I mean, the way WoW implemented it could use some adjustments, but overall it's a good tool.

Auto-creating group - Meh on this. I think if someone joins LFD as a "leader" it should present them with a list of players in the "que" matching thier criteria(tank/heals) and let them make decisions. The list SHOULD be in order of who joined longest ago though, I think most people, unless it's someone they've "black-listed" will pick the people that have been waiting the longest. Sure there will be some people that just don't like that Class X Healer/Tank and would prefer Class Y, but still, the longest waiting class Y will get picked more often than not.

Auto-tele to dungeon - No no and no

Cross-Server - Hell no no no no no

I think when most people say LFD killed WoW, and most people that are totally against it are really just against the last 2 points anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I would say a nice compromise would be to have the LFD system, but only for your own server. With the way the servers are currently there appears to be a huge amount of people on each server, so queues shouldn't be an issue.

That said, the majority of people's complaints with LFD are because the community is shit. That's not really Blizzard's (or will be Bioware's) fault, is it? Let's be honest here: how many people that are saying no to LFD have gone out of their way to say more than 'hi' and 'bye' in each dungeon run they did in WoW? If you actually put the effort in and tried to be friendly, then maybe other people would do the same?

Sure, there's no consequences to being a dick when it's a cross realm thing, but there shouldn't need to be a punishment to prevent people from acting like tools. People should be nice to others, simply for the sake of being nice.

That mindset has to start somewhere, and in all honesty it can't come from Bioware. It has to come from us. LFD is an incredibly useful tool: when implemented in WoW it boosted the amount of dungeon runs immensely (anyone remember the 'not enough instances' spam in early 3.3? Yeah, that was because of LFD and how many more people were actually running dungeons). The tool itself is not evil. It does not kill communities by itself. The community does that to itself.

Take the effort to say more than 'hi' and 'bye'. Say more than the tactics. Don't rise to the bait of trolls who try to anger you. Just report them, votekick, and move on. If you want there to be a good community, then take the steps to create it yourself. Others will, in theory, see the effort you put in and do the same.
    there is nothing more to say