Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    actually AoK + storm spam > BLF on yorsaj too. BLF and its locked 4 attacks per 2 min for about 32k hits and 60k crits falls behind +16 Mastery under zealotry with 4 set + wings.

It's multiplicative and the 18% applies before wings so instead of +38% damage its something like 41.6% damage, add guardian into the mix or a High level wpn < Hslicer, Gurth, H Gurth> Apparatus absolutely destroys BLFH.

If we had our old strength talents it would prolly scale ahead but we have no Str + additons outside armor, unlike Unholy dks with +25%/ idk if their pet talent still gives +% either.

Ferals are OBSCENE with their aoe proc trinket because ferals have around 30k+ ap and insane crit chance so they regularly get 90K crits.

Also from now till BiS the +1500 ish AP isn't going to add much more to the damage proc thats worth noting.
    So for those of us who don't have H AoK, what should we do in the meantime? How does BLF compare to the other available choices?

Go kill 10 man Heroic firelands and get a firestone, thats the reccomendation.

Though other options are rotting skull since its BIS on Spine which is arguably the hardest encounter this tier on heroic. Or the 403 S11 strength use trinket could provide stronger results.

I think Heroic Slicer is BIS aswell on that fight since you cannot rely on the RNG of Gurthalk when exploding a tendon.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2011-12-22 at 11:16 PM.

Quick question, how did you change your rotation when you got 2set T13? I had to put myself on dummies for hours just to "perfect" the way i use the delayed holy power after judgement (annoying as hell imo). A lot of your dps can be fixed without it having much to do with your trinkets, the "new" rotation with 2piece t13 can be hard to get used to, as i said; the delayed holy power gain is a bitch. Also are you using GoAK 10sec before activating Zeal + Avenging + activate trinket? Also, there's different BiS trinkets for different fights. BiS listed (i believe) is calculated for a Ultraxion type fight and most likely won't be as good for other fights with downtime, short burst periods and so on.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Best thing to tell people instead of going into great amount of detail is to just get reforgelite (so they can get hit/expertise capped and then as much mastery as possible) and clcret to learn the "rotation". After a bit of using clcret he will understand how to play the class without any issues and won't need to use it anymore.

how is the delayed HP an issue? you get it before judgments GCD finishes.

And no BIS is AoK+EoU and on haggara It's Rotting Skull + EoU since you stun her before CDS can come up again so atleast u can use skull with each stun phase. Rotting Skull + EoU / EoU + S11 trinket is the desired Spine setup. Madness is prolly AoK + EoU again however no rets have beenable to get to that fight yet since Spine is such a roadblock.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2011-12-22 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, clearing said heroic firelands requires the people to do so, and getting the firestone requires me to be lucky. Both things are less than likely.

I'm sure u could pug shannox 10 heroic with firestone on reserve.

how is the delayed HP an issue? you get it before judgments GCD finishes.

And no BIS is AoK+EoU and on haggara It's Rotting Skull + EoU since you stun her before CDS can come up again so atleast u can use skull with each stun phase. Rotting Skull + EoU / EoU + S11 trinket is the desired Spine setup. Madness is prolly AoK + EoU again however no rets have beenable to get to that fight yet since Spine is such a roadblock.
    Yeah we get the holy power before the GCD finishes but i tend to spam the next button in the FCFS rotation as shown with CLC before the gcd finishes, had to go out of that mindset when i got 2set T13. Yes i know, noobish as hell but that's how i used to do it before i got 2set t13. Worked that out and don't have problems with it now, i assume people with low fps or lag might have the same issue and maybe even use the 2set wrong.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

actually AoK + storm spam > BLF on yorsaj too. BLF and its locked 4 attacks per 2 min for about 32k hits and 60k crits falls behind +16 Mastery under zealotry with 4 set + wings.

It's multiplicative and the 18% applies before wings so instead of +38% damage its something like 41.6% damage, add guardian into the mix or a High level wpn < Hslicer, Gurth, H Gurth> Apparatus absolutely destroys BLFH.

If we had our old strength talents it would prolly scale ahead but we have no Str + additons outside armor, unlike Unholy dks with +25%/ idk if their pet talent still gives +% either.

Ferals are OBSCENE with their aoe proc trinket because ferals have around 30k+ ap and insane crit chance so they regularly get 90K crits.

Also from now till BiS the +1500 ish AP isn't going to add much more to the damage proc thats worth noting.
    I agree the randomness of the trinket and not having forgotten ones up may make it less useful, but if it procs on forgotten ones and whirlwinds all of them for 30-60k I would say it would be worth more. Even more if your group is doing yellow/black, even bigger whirlwind. Not sure if the proc is AoE capped, I got the LFR version but don't mess with it much.

That agi one is single target but as you said is pretty lolsy for cat druids and to a lesser extent bear druids. They should just give us Hand of Justice back for old time's sake. This tier's trinkets are kinda dull.
    Last edited by thegoodrogue; 2011-12-23 at 04:39 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't look specifically at madness and instead looked at ultraxion which is the best "patchwerk" fight this tier, just to judge your rotation, and looking at those logs you really need to work on inquisition uptime, 80.6% is very detrimental to your dps. You should also be using your synapse springs on cooldown if you want to get full use out of them. If it's better on madness I cant say, as I can't be arsed to look up anymore logs, since I'm lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes it is [...]
    I only said that concerning this guy's case...obviously it's not ideal, but considering his situation, it's alright.

I've got roughly 300 more mastery than another Ret Paladin in my guild with comparable gear, but he has Gurthalak while I don't, and our damage remains similar--his being TV>HoL, and mine, HoL>TV.
    Last edited by Phantoms; 2011-12-23 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    I agree the randomness of the trinket and not having forgotten ones up may make it less useful, but if it procs on forgotten ones and whirlwinds all of them for 30-60k I would say it would be worth more. Even more if your group is doing yellow/black, even bigger whirlwind. Not sure if the proc is AoE capped, I got the LFR version but don't mess with it much.

That agi one is single target but as you said is pretty lolsy for cat druids and to a lesser extent bear druids. They should just give us Hand of Justice back for old time's sake. This tier's trinkets are kinda dull.
    fuck hand of justice i want jar, get 7 motes in under 2 GCDS.

LOL true that, my DPS went up like 2k with one trinket back then!

To OP:

Looking at your gear set and stat values you would be better off using Varothen's Brooch over AoK. One of your main issues I can see right now is your AoK is proccing Crit over mastery. I was In the same position last night until I got my eve of unmaking and was using varothen' good results. Even with varothen's I was averagin 39-43k dps on enrage wipes onH Ultraxion last night (yes I know the kill was a dismal 37.5k, got butt raped by fadings during my cds and bad tentacle procs). I know its hard to swallow using a 5 man trinket but it should help. Remember an item that is BiS in one set may not be BiS if you do not have all the pieces.