Mage macros for mana shield ice barrier etc

Hello yesterday i wanted to make a macro that include
    frost armor mana shield mage ward and icebarrier but for some reason it didnt work so i tryed to split them up in 2 but still dosent work so i gues i did it wrong. can u guys help me with a macro that do all of them. And ! if u got some other awesome macro u wanna share plzz do thanks !

Deleted
    What do you want the macro to do?

everyone of those small spells that works for 30 sec and have a cool down on a 35 sec like that to one button

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 01:09 PM ----------

like icebarrier and mana shield

Short version: You can't.

They activate the global cooldown, so you'd have to use a castsequence macro that would have them all bound to one button, but you'd still have to hit the button multiple times to activate all of the different effects.

Also, with Frost Armor lasting 30 mins, I wouldn't want to put it into a short-duration defense macro, as it will just eat mana needlessly that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandoth View Post

Also, with Frost Armor lasting 30 mins, I wouldn't want to put it into a short-duration defense macro, as it will just eat mana needlessly that way.
    Mage Armors does not cost any mana.

The only macro I could think of besides a castsequence is a modifier macro. But it still has the same problem of that you have to hit it twice with 2 different binds (For example E, Shift-E and Ctrl-E).

I however find this better since you then can choose wether to use mana shield, ice barrier or mage ward, depending on the situation (like if you cant afford the mana loss from mana shield).

The macro would look like this:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Mana shield; [mod:ctrl] Mage Ward; Ice Barrier

Using that macro would then cast Mana shield if you got Shift pressed down, Mage Ward if you got Ctrl pressed down and if you only press E it will cast Ice Barrier (The tooltip of the spell will also change when you hold down shift, so that you can see the cooldown of the spell).

Other than that and a castsequence I dont see any other way of making it possible.
    Last edited by Omniblast; 2011-12-21 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Forgot Mage Ward...

/castsequence reset=3 Ice Barrier, Mana Shield, mage ward, frost armor

I use this macro with just ice barrier and mana shield, you will have to hit the button once for each spell.

Feh, I can't ever remember which things don't have a mana cost anymore and which haven't been changed. My mistake, there, but Frost Armor would still be eating a GCD unnecessarily, wouldn't it? Assuming a PvE scenario, anyway. I could totally understand it in a PvP situation.