Outfitting your Ship Droid..?

So I'd like to use 2v-r8 despite him being annoying as hell for certain missions..should i be modding him with cunning or aim parts/mods?
    Is there a way to lock him into solely healing? he likes to attack more than heal which can be troublesome during some pulls.
    Only death my pay for life

I keep being offered robot parts as quest rewards; I presume they're supposed to be for him. As to the other, stop him autocasting attacking abilities maybe? I haven't really used him.

15+ Year Old Account
    i tried him on a few missions but gave up trying to get him to heal me. now if kaliya and i get into trouble, i just heal her instead. when her gear is maxed, she seems to do more damage than me anyway ;p.

mmm I used the droid in beta a bit too but quickly realised that he is more work then what you can gain :P

I'm using Malavai Quinn atm (sith warrior) he is okay but has his moments where he auto-attacks so I guess it doesn't matter which one you choose
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    i tried him on a few missions but gave up trying to get him to heal me. now if kaliya and i get into trouble, i just heal her instead. when her gear is maxed, she seems to do more damage than me anyway ;p.
    I hope you aren't joking - because i noticed the same, seems like my dps companion does more dps than me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I hope you aren't joking - because i noticed the same, seems like my dps companion does more dps than me!
    nope. serious. she's wearing some old greens so i'm doing a little better than her now. as an operative, i spend a lot of time CCing and positioning anyway, so I don't mind her awesomeness.

yea its funny but very true.. so much that i actually prioritize gearing kaliyo over myself. what i hoped was with r2-v8 i could be the heavy hitter again and not my companion lol. oh well i guess.. for now.. its back to supporting her deeps with cc and heals

I am up to three companions now, and I play much of the game solo because companions are constantly on Crew Skills (slicing!!!)...

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    I am up to three companions now, and I play much of the game solo because companions are constantly on Crew Skills (slicing!!!)...
    lead i couldnt help but notice youre post in another thread giving big kudos to slicing.. do you really think its worth it to pick up at this point (lvl17) at the expense of dropping say 115 treasure hunting?( Ive got scavaging and cybertech to 100+ as well)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to say slicing is ridiculously OP. Sending your companion on missions every 20min that cost 700cr and getting 2400cr back is pretty ridiculous, and then doing it w/ 3 companions... That's not even including the unlock-able mission which are even better.

-regarding the OP just turn off all his attack abilities?
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-12-22 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwarder View Post
    lead i couldnt help but notice youre post in another thread giving big kudos to slicing.. do you really think its worth it to pick up at this point (lvl17) at the expense of dropping say 115 treasure hunting?( Ive got scavaging and cybertech to 100+ as well)
    Yes. I gave up level 160+ Bioanalysis at level 20-ish, scrapping for cR (had less than 1000). Learned Slicing instead.

Now at level 26, I have nearly 200,000 cR.

You literally send all 3 Crew members on a 30-minute mission and they all come back with cashboxes. At level 400 slicing, most boxes START at 2500 cR. I've had blue boxes give me 9000+ cR. Normal greens give 4000-5000 cR. Not to mention some great schematics and stuff that go on the AH.

I'm sure it's going to get nerfed... getting my money while I can!!

I imagine you're getting Droid gear for your ship Droid or for your "secret" companion later on (whose quest isn't implemented yet, but you can see his crashed ship on Hoth).