Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What do YOU like/dislike about SWTOR so far?

Pretty much what the title says. The game has been out for over a day now so I a lot of people have had plenty of time to play, what do you think?

Is it really a potential "wow killer", can they both reign supreme, or is this game going to fizzle out and die like other mmo games that try to compete?

Never refer to something as a WoW killer... nothing is truly a WoW killer.

SWTOR will do alright on its own just from the name, the game play is fantastic, the story is pretty kick ass from what I have seen but by no means a WoW killer, just a competitor and a good one at that.

I like everything BUT no dual spec :/

15+ Year Old Account
    this mmo has by far and away the best chance to not fizzle out. i tried most of the other 'wow killers' over the past 3 years or so and TOR is orders of magnitude better than all of them.

nothing will kill wow except blizzard, and they are doing an excellent job at it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Camera is horrible. It often gets detached from my character and is makes the "attach" point way above my head. More annoying is that I have it zoomed out to max, and when it zooms in to account for walls, mountains, etc, it takes an incredible amount of time to auto-zoom out. I have my zoom-in/out keybound to the up/down arrows instead of the mouse wheel, and so I have to re-zoom out constantly.

I feel awkward leaving an area when there are still quests available. It's just something I can't force myself to do. Because of this I am about 5 levels above my class quests.

I am a sith warrior and my friend is a inquisitor. My story is awesome, but having to watch his results in needing energy drinks in order to keep myself awake.

My UI is blue and should be red.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I like everything BUT no dual spec :/
    This and no macro is also a pain imo, + no meter at all anywhere, cant say who is really lacking in skills (except if you are operative concealement and 2 juggernaut cant outthreat you either the 2 juggernaut tank are bad or you do god dps )

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the no dual spec thing, before that I was pretty much used to grinding with healing spec, levelled a few chars with pure healing spec as well - outdoors.

The lack of macros and bars, in general the entire UI is giving me brainaches.

Also, no, I don't want to see WoW killed by any game, invest too much money in it to see it die!
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Macros and addons will come in a later patch. WoW never shipped with these features either. Bioware/EA are focusing on bigger priorities first and then we will get all the nice shiny features that we are all accustomed to. Hopefully they will do a faster and better job. To the guy sharing story areas; don't. Unless you are doing it so that you don't have to roll that class to do the story youself. You don't gain any social points for being a spectator. You just get to see their story play out.

To all the SWTOR haters: Just give it a go. I used to be like you once. I used to watch streams on justin.tv during the beta and I thought to myself "pft looks like a wow space opera". When I got my beta key I tested it out and soon realised it's shares some similiarities with WoW but it's really a game in its own right. I grew up with Warcraft and also watching Star Wars films, the latter isn't the reason why I'm drawn to it though. Please don't turn this into a WoW killer thread... SWTOR and WoW are equally awesome games and should just be treated as such.

I like that there is no auto attack. I love how balanced PVP feels. There are no brackets (10-19, 20-29 etc), everyones stats scale to 50. The only difference is the amount of skills you have due to your actual level. There are just loads of little touches that make the game very enjoyable.

Just my two pence.

I only played it at beta.Today i purchased it from amazon it's estimated to come in 29 december.

I liked almost everything , how questing works , story flows , my impact on story , devolopment of my character , how instances work ( flashpoints ) , clean PVP without shitload of cc abilities.The most smart thing i saw was professions. I had slave rescues me from brainless mat farm.

Only thing I disliked and annoyed me was selection of advanced class. I skiped the NPC who has the quest and then I searched for it for hours! It should be more obvious and I shouldnt have been allowed to skip him. I searched on internet how do sith warriors choose advanced class or asked trillion of times on chat channels but I couldnt find.I was really mad.

swtor is great I believe it will be greater and dominate mmo market after they released some patches and solved issues like waiting times.
    Last edited by kijthae; 2011-12-21 at 06:55 PM.

Battlegrounds feel pretty laggy. Not sure what it is, but everything feels fluid in the world and then in bgs it most definitely is not. Someone in my guild said it felt fine but others were even worse off than me.

the User Interface

Deleted
    The fact that my computer can't run it properly besides that nothing that really springs to mind

So far, I'm pretty impressed, the questing doesn't seem like a grind, so much as playing a decent story mode game. (I'm sure it'll change when leveling alts, except getting to see the different story lines might keep it fresh longer). As far as not liking things, same as already stated, the UI could be a little more customizable, I think Empire = red template and Republic = blue would be a good start, a recount system will be nice for endgame, as it's a great tool to keep track of what happened on a given boss fight.

I'm only up to level 10, so just got out of the starting zone, can't really comment on much else. Great game though.

The game is fine for now. There are a few luxuries from WOW that have yet to come over but I'm sure will eventually (trading BoP items, camera flexibility, etc), and I'd like to have macros and addons. Other than that, it's A-ok.

The interface is limiting. Without a PowerAuras kind of addon, I've been squinting at my buffs to watch for procs. The addition of macros and addons will pretty much make my day.

I do like everything besides performance... sometimes when I turn or step somewhere, my fps drops to 1-5 max for a while because all textures and models up to 1km ahead are being loaded...which is pointless. There should be max graphic distance like in wow settings.
    The rest is very good so far, even itnerface is cool and works well and does all I need. I hope they won't let you fully change ui like in wow.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The auction house (or whatever they call it); it just sucks very very badly.

It was like they asked how to make it as bad as possible or as if another game company hacked them and put the code in as a joke. I cant believe how horrid it is.

I like how lower level players can actually fight against a high level player without being rofl-stomped to the ground. It's awesome, and it encourages people to group up together for their benefits.

What I don't like: 50s being in the same pool as the lower level characters. I watched a friend of mine get so incredibly owned by a team of 50s in less than 3 minutes. The only good thing was that it still gave exp and credits to those who participated. However, these scenarios warrent the need of an individual bracket for 50s. Maybe not now, but sometime by the end of the month.

That's one thing I like and dislike about SW:TOR.

Of course I kid about the "WoW killer" part. I don't see any game actually doing that. I'm just curious to see how it stands up against wow.

I really want to get into the game but I have a hard time pulling myself to pay for 2 games for $15 every month.

Will keep playing until they introduce LFD or LFR, I don't mind if those features are not cross server then it's ok, but enjoy the great community while it lasts!!!