Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Biowares Bad Servers. I hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    Do you really believe an MMO with over 11 years in development should be the expected level of an MMO with 5 years or less that just got released?
    Of course, especially with important things like UI. WoW released with completely modifyable UI - no reason not to do it in swtor. They just had bad developers or bad people deciding about the UI abilities.

No combat parser or damage meter is killing me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like- Space Combat and some of the Dark Side options in the quests.

Dislike- Auction House interface is very poorly constructed...
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't stand the term WoW killer - wish people who just play what they enjoyed rather than what's popular. (This is coming from someone who played ff11 for years, not just wow, rift, etc.).

To be honest, the only two things that have let me down are;

1. I seem to get huttball 8/10 warzones... which is making me sick of it already. (Of course this could just be my bad luck :P)

2. No proper achievement system - The codex thing isn't as satisfying as a proper achievement system. Ever since the xbox360 was released I loved collecting achievements.

3. Companions are stupidly buggy in flashpoints, but then again not everyone is 2manned them like I am

All points are nothing major at all though; I think overall it's a great game.

I got bored with WoW after about 20 days because of constant grinding. Thing that has kept my interest is the amazing story that fits right in with starwars. Saw an earlire post that someone hated that you didnt do anything vs jedi, aparently they didnt play enough to get to the missions where you're constantly facing jedi. People need to remember that the game is only 2 weeks old.. I know there is a HUGE patch comming out soon and probably plenty more to come within the next few months. The UI, Auction house, Macro stuff will be fixed/addressed. The thing that makes this game pure win is the fact people are taking a 2 week old game and comparing it to a 5+ year old game. That alone makes this game fantastic. So before you start saying "this game sucks ass ect..." give it a few patches than put it to the test, or at least hit the 40's so you can really see what this game has to offer.

I dont like that the empire is implausibly comically evil. With how well the republic is cast and all the moral exploration in the rest of the writing it really stands out. Is this more critical than I would be to something like WoW? Yes, but that is because the rest of the story and lore is on such another level.