Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donax View Post
    Smoking has no effect on voices.

Freddie Mercury was a chain smoker and had one of the best vocals ever

Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, James Hetfield, Madonna, Whitney Houston (before crack), Bob Dylan, Rihanna, Alicia Keys and countless others all say hello.

Not singing properly ruins your voice more than smoking
    You're being silly if you believe that smoking has zero effect on singing voices. Sure artists can retain a good voice/studio voice. But they will never be comparable to an artist of equal talent who does not smoke.

Your opinion on them?
    They are idiots.

There, I said it. Flame me / infract me as much as you want.

reminds me of that south park episode where that guy who kept stuffing his face was trying to end Big tobacco.

and being fat is worse to ur health then you might realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    You're being silly if you believe that smoking has zero effect on singing voices. Sure artists can retain a good voice/studio voice. But they will never be comparable to an artist of equal talent who does not smoke.
    The thing is the best singers usually smoke. Christina Aguilera smokes and has one helluva voice. I probably shouldn't have said NO effect. But Most singers ruin their voices by singing improperly more than smoking.

and being fat is worse to ur health then you might realize.
    I hate when people come with these lame comebacks. Just because one thing is unhealthy, it doesn't make another unhealthy thing suddenly health

So I'm ruining myself by drinking a cup of coffee every morning, sometimes not having any a few days at a time? Better stop..

How much would you consider a lot of each? I'd usually knock down 4 or 5 coffees during the night (night shift) and maybe have ... 15 cigarettes a day? I don't know where you're getting this "they're too far gone" thing if you talk to them. Like with a lot of things (not just people who drink coffee and chain smoke), no one likes to hear other peoples opinions about their addictions. Do you think I tell my friend who plays video games all day he should tone it down? Nah. He's all right, he isn't hurting anyone. I care about him but there haven't been any negative affects from his addiction on his body (so far) so it's not my business.

Side note.

Do you know who are more annoying than people who chain smoke or drink coffe.

Runners. I used to work with 3 of them and it's all they talk about all damn day. "Yeah I woke up at 4am and ran 3 miles today it was awesome" I don't care "You should run man it's great you get such a rush" I don't care leave me alone.

Why does it bother people when others do things that don't effect them in any way? If someone wants to smoke/drink coffee all day, it isn't anyones place to judge them.

Deleted
    "Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because i've done it thousands of times." - Mark Twain

Registered only to post this damn quote!
    P.S Enjoy your life.

what I find hilarious, is the fact that the oldest man in history started smoking at age 70. He probably thought he only had a few years left, so what the hell.
    He smoked till the day he died at 128 lol. I wonder how much longer he would have lived if he hadn't smoked for the last FIFTY EIGHT YEARS of his life... most smokers never even get to 58 years of smoking...

You seriously bundled coffee with smoking? /facepalm
    The amount of chemicals in a cigarette vs some caffiene, hmmm...

I mean as it stands right now there's all sorts of new information coming out that says things about what our parents taught us in regards to low fat, high carbs, caffeine being bad for us, is all a bunch of garbage.

Sugar is bad for us, yes, and typically caffeinated beverages are LOADED with sugar, but caffeine has no serious side effects. It actually increases your awareness, yes yes it does.

Also if you cold brew coffee you don't get nearly as much acidity tearing up your insides.

Now all things are better kept in moderation, so if you're one of these shmos out there drinking two gallons of coffee a day, time to lay off a bit. However, coffee is being shown to have all sorts of healthy crazy side effects for all sorts of children.
    It is in a lot of ways a LOT healthier than any of this Kool-Aid bullshit that kids are sucking down.

As far as cigarettes go, smoke electric cigarettes, and at least for another 50 years until it turns out they turn us into zombies or something, there's no adverse health effects to nicotine either. Just the tobacco/tar for the nicotine delivery system.

Besides, you're overweight, what's to say your form of being unhealthy is less unhealthy than their form? Your outdated information?

Go educate yourself on these things, and start sucking down some cold brewed coffee yourself, with a bunch of avocados, mmmm, avocados.

hey i am guilty. nicotine + coffee are kind of my ambrosia and nectar.

im 29 now. smoking since i was 15. one pack a day, formerly up to 4.

i try to eat healthy and natural, aka when im hungry. love tomatoes and citrus fruit. most liquid i intake is in the form of coffee or sometimes tea. never coke or energydrinks, or any sort of limo aka sugared water with flavour. sometimes alcohole (tasty german beer, wine, some wodka or rum) , but not too much.
    i sleep when im tired, so mostly 6-7 hours per day.

what i think is the most important thing to health: i dont ever want to get a single piece of overweight, as this is the major cause of illness. beeing fat means dying early. its so easy. dont get fat. live long and happily. coffe btw has nearly zero calories. and it pushes blood circuit, digestion and is helping your heart.

Try to get of weight is the most important thing a person can do for his health, if he / she is to heavy. going to gyms, dance courses, sport activities. they are fun, helping your body, and giving social interaction / friendship.

My doc is congratulating me because my blood analysis says im at excellent health. never get ill, not a single day not working in the past few years.

wonder why people tend to bash an smokers and coffee drinkers.

Bash on the fat ones. They deserve it, cause those are the ones who really become expensive for common health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Why does it bother people when others do things that don't effect them in any way? If someone wants to smoke/drink coffee all day, it isn't anyones place to judge them.
    Except that smoking affects other people besides the smoker. There goes your point.

Also, it's human nature to be judgemental. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Except that smoking affects other people besides the smoker. There goes your point.

Also, it's human nature to be judgemental. Get over it.
    It's also human nature to be unreasonable over something one is emotionally invested in, but that doesn't mean it's okay either.

Deleted
    People are born to die (young or old) it dont matter.Everyone knows smoking is not good for you just the same as too much excersise is not good either (in a differant way ovc)The point i make is this...Who cares? its their life and mine is mine...look after number 1(yourself)If that means sitting on your arse all day smoking so be it.But i tell you one thing that really grinds my gears...those gym freaks you see strutting their stuff down the street with a bottle of evian spring water thinking they will live forever.Not intended to offend anyone by any means who knows maybe you will live forever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    So I'm ruining myself by drinking a cup of coffee every morning, sometimes not having any a few days at a time? Better stop..
    What? I think you didn't read the text that was enlarged by a far margin in the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the lesson to take away from this: everybody has their vices. Don't act like you aren't something in your life that you shouldn't be doing. If a person has gotten to the point where they need to "constantly" ingest a substance, that's a problem that they need to deal with and not a scenario wherein you have the authority to tell them what to do.

Drinking coffee regularly can reduce your risk of prostate cancer, as well as: esophageal, pharyngeal, ovarian, in addition to uterine and endometrial cancers in women.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/225655.php
    http://www.oraloncology.com/article/...081-2/abstract

It's also been shown to reduce the risk of Alzheimers, Cirrhosis and associated liver cancer or liver disease, Parkinsons, and is a source of anti-oxidants that promote good health. Coffee can also be used as a natural diuretic or a laxative.

http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/con...ct/166/11/1190

Smoking is pretty much shit for you. But so is breathing the air in a populated city. You have a higher chance of dying from eating a raw oyster than you do from smoking a cigarette.

preachy thread is preachy.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2011-12-22 at 08:42 PM.