Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Oh nos! I lost over 600 mastery!

Hi guys I'm new, just created a membership with MMO-Champion.

I've been having a problem lately. When Firelands ended I had most of my gear heroic with around 2387 mastery. I topped charts a lot and was really happy. I just replaced my Firelands gloves helm and pants along with my weapon with some new raid finder/397 set bonuses. I read Anaxie's BiS list and I got my hands on a 403 Gurthalak. My mastery dropped to a all time low of 1931. I use the heroic version of (Apparatus of Khaz'goroth) and the normal version of (Vessel of Acceleration). When it stacks fully it goes over my mastery chance and proc's crit strike. I do have the Varo'then's Brooch in my bags. I thought about rocking Brooch + AoK. Or is Vessel to damn good to pass up due to the strength? I got yelled at my raid leader tonight for being on bottom of DPS charts after my Templar's Verdict was doing more damage than Hand of Light.

Help!

Thanks, Sysity

P.S. How good is AoK anyway? The thing is annoying as hell to stack :3
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2011-12-21 at 02:00 PM.

lmao if you are on the bottom of the dps charts with 403 gurthalak you must be terrible at this game

You get infracted often, you must be terrible at posting on a forum.

~Fiddlesnarf
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2011-12-21 at 09:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First things first: it's not the end of the world if your HoL damage isn't higher than your TV damage.

Remember also: Gurthalak is glorious. That tentacle will easily be responsible for over 10% of your damage on any encounter.

Replacing whatever weapon you had before (which has stats on it) to Gurthalak (which has no stats, just the tentacle proc) could be a reason why you lost a chunk of that 600, but obviously not all of it.

Now, it looks like from your armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ysity/advanced that you aren't even at hit or expertise caps, so perhaps that's one of the biggest reasons why things aren't going so well for you.

Since I was bored and it's easy to find stuff like this, here's a link to your guild's WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...hk/details/31/

You may have been lowest on Madness, but your Inquisition uptime could have been a little better on just about all the fights, for one.

One more useful link: http://wowreforge.com/US/Blackrock/Sysity

Use that with personal stat weights to get to caps and reforge your gear accordingly. For now, you should be fine just pressing the optimize button at the bottom and doing as it says.

Bottom line: Don't freak out, mastery is not all you're making it out to be. You now have Gurthalak unlike a lot of people, and your damage is going to skyrocket because of it. Take a look at my armory if you'd like, in my signature, and perhaps you can glean a thing or two from it (my reforging, etc.).

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 12:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    lmao if you are on the bottom of the dps charts with 403 gurthalak you must be terrible at this game
    If you look up the guy's name on the armory you can see he got it two hours ago. >_>

worldoflogs.com/reports/qlfvw2wj2blpeihk/sum/damageDone/?s=1409&e=1822
    It wasn't really really bad at the bottom of the charts, but I was down there. This was without Gurthalak.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    First things first: it's not the end of the world if your HoL damage isn't higher than your TV damage.

Remember also: Gurthalak is glorious. That tentacle will easily be responsible for over 10% of your damage on any encounter.

Replacing whatever weapon you had before (which has stats on it) to Gurthalak (which has no stats, just the tentacle proc) could be a reason why you lost a chunk of that 600, but obviously not all of it.

Now, it looks like from your armory: that you aren't even at hit or expertise caps, so perhaps that's one of the biggest reasons why things aren't going so well for you.

Since I was bored and it's easy to find stuff like this, here's a link to your guild's WoL:

You may have been lowest on Madness, but your Inquisition uptime could have been a little better on just about all the fights, for one.

One more useful link:

Use that with personal stat weights to get to caps and reforge your gear accordingly. For now, you should be fine just pressing the optimize button at the bottom and doing as it says.

Bottom line: Don't freak out, mastery is not all you're making it out to be. You now have Gurthalak unlike a lot of people, and your damage is going to skyrocket because of it. Take a look at my armory if you'd like, in my signature, and perhaps you can glean a thing or two from it (my reforging, etc.).

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 12:45 AM ----------

If you look up the guy's name on the armory you can see he got it two hours ago. >_>
    Yea I'm not expertise/hit capped because I'm in the middle of swapping/messing around with gear atm. I just got Gur, and all my other peices < 3 hours ago. Probably a bad time to link. LOL. Trusty WoWreforge.com I love it
    I just did a 20man BH and didn't have my Gur proc at all. Is this normal?
    Pet damage: GoAK melee only

~Fiddlesnarf
    wow mods are mean

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    wow mods are mean
    Nope, Slickx was mean. Fiddle was funny ^^
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    jezz another mindless followers of the mass...crit is not even close to haste tbh...everything random is just pure sh1t and...random, and all this speaking about "but huh if you get crit at the burst time you'd rock!" well, no cause it's unpredictable and those ~4% more crit doesn't change anything.
    But that's an offtop, which might help You get some insight.

anyway even after the loss of mastery gurthalak is stil BIS so far, cause of the proc it have.
    But again, RNG is RNG You can get 10% of your overall dps from it, or none at all (it needs melee hits to proc tentacle"correct me if i am wrong" and the chance is....2% so it's pretty low), so mobile fights makes you angry.

also AoK for me (I had hc version of it) wasn't so good, cause of time it needed to stack (30sec according to EJ?), which sometimes fails badly and delays my burst time.
    not to mention 15sec which doesn't fit well with our CD.s
    But looking at You it's stil way better than anything else.

Missing a glove tinker and a JC gem isn't helping either, but that's only a minor thing. >.>

I was messing around with my gear and what I saw was that, I would need to drop the *crit stat weight* to 0 in wowreforge and reforge all my crit off below 1300 to get my (AoK) to proc Mastery>crit with (Vessel). Now, with that in mind should I do that OR rock (Brootch) & (AoK)?

FYI: I did a BH, and I had Brootch proc over my AoK/ZEL/WINGS burst and I saw some sick damage.

I am not doing reforging at all so I know my hit/exp/tinkers/gems are off right now I just need some advice on trinket
    Last edited by sysity; 2011-12-21 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sysity View Post
    FYI: I did a BH, and I had Brootch proc over my AoK/ZEL/WINGS burst and I saw some sick damage.
    Now would you want to wait for that trinket to proc then use your cd's with it (Essentially, CD's + 1149 mastery, ~57.45 mastery per second, if you will) or use Apparatus, especially with its base strength, at the proper time with your cd's (Essentially, CD's + 2875 Mastery for 15 seconds of your cooldowns, ~191 mastery per second, if you will)

What I'm saying is just imagine your so-called "sick damage" if you had Apparatus on instead of the Brooch.

I just did a 20man BH and didn't have my Gur proc at all. Is this normal?
    Pet damage: GoAK melee only
    I'm not sure how exactly Gur proc works, but if it spawns a "pet", then it is a known thing - if you have had several pets/guardians/whatevers during a fight, meters only list one (may or may not count them all for overall damage, depending on version). Try disconnecting pets from owners in recount, it should list all of them.

dont be afraid to reforge crit to haste if you need to to get apparatus to proc mastery. thats one of your biggest issues
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

So keep Vessel> Brootch? And reforge the hell away from Crit

10+ Year Old Account

~Fiddlesnarf
    Whoa, banned with 666 posts...

...I think I'll go pray now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Here's a good thread for you

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Firelands-4.2

The hero ArK is better than the brooch. In your case, I would reforge into haste.

In all other cases, like individuals that don't use ArK....go crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    yes it is http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7442&e=7807

Hand of Light 3305656 23.2 %
    Templar's Verdict 2675326 18.8 %
    Crusader Strike 1817517 12.8 %

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 08:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by toddless View Post
    Here's a good thread for you

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Firelands-4.2

The hero ArK is better than the brooch. In your case, I would reforge into haste.

In all other cases, like individuals that don't use ArK....go crit.
    That thread is a joke, apparatus isn't modeled right and is BIS with EoU, Rotting skull is BIS on Haggara and spine with EoU.

BLF is a joke and a half.

Deleted
    note: madness isn't that great for comparing dps results.
    lots of specs have to pool cooldowns for really important moments. the additional aoe dmg gained from kalecgos can increase a few classes dps by insane amounts.
    so overall i gotta say that fight is somewhat random. gurthalak will increase randomness in your dps whereas mastery helps to decrease it.

there were enough suggestions made on how to improve your gear etc, just keep in mind that randomness is random. one bad fight won't ruin everything as long as you still killed it with ease.

P.S. How good is AoK anyway? The thing is annoying as hell to stack :3
    It's your best in slot.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    BLF is a joke and a half.
    I'm not sure about that, I would definitely use it on AoE fights, Yorsahj, Madness for bloods and possibly Blistering Tentacle but I doubt it would damage them. I would still prefer AoK on Madness just because you will most likely be able to use 100% of your AW on the claw before the corruption.

Ok, so it may be a joke on the rest, although with more AP the proc is going to hit like a truck.

So use it on Yorsahj and that's about it.

As for OP, try and make crit/haste equal in weight and see how that goes, sometimes it will give you more mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    I'm not sure about that, I would definitely use it on AoE fights, Yorsahj, Madness for bloods and possibly Blistering Tentacle but I doubt it would damage them. I would still prefer AoK on Madness just because you will most likely be able to use 100% of your AW on the claw before the corruption.

Ok, so it may be a joke on the rest, although with more AP the proc is going to hit like a truck.

So use it on Yorsahj and that's about it.

As for OP, try and make crit/haste equal in weight and see how that goes, sometimes it will give you more mastery.
    actually AoK + storm spam > BLF on yorsaj too. BLF and its locked 4 attacks per 2 min for about 32k hits and 60k crits falls behind +16 Mastery under zealotry with 4 set + wings.

It's multiplicative and the 18% applies before wings so instead of +38% damage its something like 41.6% damage, add guardian into the mix or a High level wpn < Hslicer, Gurth, H Gurth> Apparatus absolutely destroys BLFH.

If we had our old strength talents it would prolly scale ahead but we have no Str + additons outside armor, unlike Unholy dks with +25%/ idk if their pet talent still gives +% either.

Ferals are OBSCENE with their aoe proc trinket because ferals have around 30k+ ap and insane crit chance so they regularly get 90K crits.

Also from now till BiS the +1500 ish AP isn't going to add much more to the damage proc thats worth noting.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2011-12-22 at 10:16 PM.