View Poll Results: Are people from NYC the coolest?

Voters
86. This poll is closed
  • AHYA

17 19.77%
  • Neisch Neirsch

69 80.23%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    That, and a lot of douchebags I know are from NY. Including my sister. Ooooooh, and I loathe their 'accents'.
    Coolest people I know are from Chicago.
    ...And Ohio. >.>

Not to be a racist prick, and not to start a flame war, but I've been to Kentucky, and this only applies if you're white >.>
    I will give you that maybe in the eastern part of the state.. but there isn't much racism in the populated portions of Kentucky.. Actually, one of our most beloved heroes is black...
    "Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves."
    -Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Donax View Post
    I've been unhappy several times like when there were nice waves and I had to work or when I couldn't decide if it was too warm for jeans or too cold for shorts, there have been times when I surfed in the morning went snowboarding in the afternoon then driven to the desert to offroad before it was too dark... that's way too much fun stuff...
    dont forget about the daily dilemma of shoes vs sandels

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    An excellent point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    So you think the coolest people are from where you're from? You're entitled to that opinion, I suppose.
    This is my favorite comment in this thread. The Antarctica comment takes 2nd place.
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no. My extended family is from New York originally and cool does not spring to mind. Loud, arrogant, and obnoxious are the first words that come to my mind. That applies to Manhattan and Long Island, though. My parents managed to escape to Upstate when they were in college and then moved to Maryland afterwords. I wouldn't consider them typical New Yorkers by any stretch.

I think people from San Francisco and California in general are pretty damn cool. You certainly won't meet a more relaxed bunch of people. I'm not counting transplants like myself in this, but most people born here are incredibly tolerant of just about anything. It's a nice change from the East Coast. In fact, I'd argue most people from New York and the Northern half of the east coast have god damned forests up their asses, let alone a single stick.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Colorado, up in the mountains

Everyone seems chill (no pun intended), and nice

the coolest people in the US are the tourists from other countrys

yeah, NYC sucks and so does everything about it.. please stay where you are and don't come here.
    we're not too fond of eurotrash, surfer bros, hicks & country bumpkins either

and all you hipsters from states like minnesota & oregon, please stop invading brooklyn. the polacks have no place to live.
    Last edited by sheffield; 2011-12-22 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Seattle
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

10+ Year Old Account
    No, so far all i've seen from NYC were a bunch of ghetto posers. I think the only cool people would be the Japanese, Chinese, and Europeans. Americans are just boring and stupid, not all mind you but most.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    No, so far all i've seen from NYC were a bunch of ghetto posers. I think the only cool people would be the Japanese, Chinese, and Europeans. Americans are just boring and stupid, not all mind you but most.
    Not that its a word I use regularly, but this is where we get the term "Eurotrash"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is very full of himself now isn't he...

Personally, in Atlanta every person i've met here from NYC is a complete dick and I want nothing to do with any of them. Just my experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Not that its a word I use regularly, but this is where we get the term "Eurotrash"
    Thats americans with european decent?

I kid :P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Since there isn't really a point of discussion, and is just a "my place versus yours", I'm closing this. Remember to be respectful of other posters, and do not mock anyone simply because of where they're from.