Digital Download

Hey all

Has anyone tried buying the Digital Copy of SWToR today? I just got home and saw that there are available copies on both the Deluxe Edition and the Standard one but when I click on Buy Now it says - "The following products are restricted and cannot be added to your basket" which I understand as either the copies are sold out already or with enough luck I might be able to get one if I continue to click on Buy now

Thanks for any answers and to all who managed to buy it - I'm coming for you!

Well they have been having trouble with their login servers but i dont think that would have any affect on the origin shopping servers. But you never know that could be
    causing problems on both sides, probably just keep doing what your doing, its a virtual copy so there shouldnt be a limit on the buy numbers.

Yeah true. I'm clicking on buy now every minute so hopefully something will happen

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup having the same problem. Just woke up and saw that Origin is open, grabbed my card and clicked buy now. Biggest let down I've had in a while.

But the restriction thing (if not because of overloaded servers/whatever) might have something to do with the region section in swtor FAQs
    (Can't post links yet)

Apparently people with IPs that's NOT from one of those countries, can't buy the game online. Very lame imo. But there's always the option of using a VPN which is what i'm trying to do atm. I live in Dubai, UAE so origin is blocking me

Deleted
    same thing here, from Romania, Eastern Europe, some of my friends have already bought the key codes over the internet and it works great for them. I was too late, the dudes who sold them ran out... So I'm trying to buy a virtual copy over Origin. EA sucks...

Deleted

comon

im frome latvia and i cant get a copie frome origin is there a other way how to buy it >

Try:

www.hotcdkey.com
    www.g2play.net

Both sites work.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Try:

Both sites work.
    g2play is out of stock.

Yeah most online retailers I've checked are out of stock, so i ended up buying the German version from Ebay, but I think the people who run it are asleep. Hopefully they get up soon, and i hope the key works.

Heres the REAL question: even if you find somewhere to buy it, do they still let you subscribe if you dont live in one of their "accepted" locations?

well this really blows, after deciding to buy the game it says "The following products are restricted and cannot be added to your basket".
    i am from israel, and although buying BF3 posed zero problems , ea just don't want my money for their game.

15+ Year Old Account
    The region locks are silly really. Their reasoning was to reduce server loads, but I don't think it's the case.

In any case, if you are locked out of purchasing the game in your region, your options are either to have someone in the eligible countries and ask them to buy you a copy and send you the game code or, if you're willing to risk it, use a proxy server in one of the countries.

Quote Originally Posted by vato76 View Post
    Heres the REAL question: even if you find somewhere to buy it, do they still let you subscribe if you dont live in one of their "accepted" locations?
    I couldn't add a subscription based payment with my credit card as I'm not in an eligible country, so I got a 60 day timecard.

Quote Originally Posted by Killaim View Post
    I couldn't add a subscription based payment with my credit card as I'm not in an eligible country, so I got a 60 day timecard.
    Oh really? So even if I import a CD key I'll need to import a time card as well? That is very annoying, I was under the impression I could just buy a key then start playing.

bump. i would really like to know if anyone has heard any official word about this situation. Will they ever let outside countries purchase & subscribe the game from them? Is anyone complaining about this on the official forums? Ive looked around and havent much mention about it.

Well this might be a blessing in Disguise, people saw after few days that this game is a major let down and so don't care anymore where this game is sold.

this game had a 100 million budget - 90 million went on voicing, and the other 10 on coping Wow.
    i really dont care if i read by myself that i need to kill 10 of x,y,z rather then somebody reading it for me like a retard.

ive heard that they are blocking IP's from players in their list of restricted countries. Id really like confirmation of this before i decide to buy the game from a 3rd party. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive heard that they are blocking IP's from players in their list of restricted countries. Id really like confirmation of this before i decide to buy the game from a 3rd party. Thanks.
    They are not. The raging this would cause on the official forums would be noticeable by now if they did.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vato76 View Post
    They'd be cutting their own throats by doing something like this, I wouldn't believe something like this unless they themselves actually posted about such a thing, it's just a malicious rumor.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD