Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    so you don't like MMOs. no problem, there's plenty of consoles/games for people like you.

lol yup..i mean what more do people want out of a MMOs??

@OP I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE GAME
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    it's all the response that it deserved.

they did improve on almost every aspect of what an mmo should be, it does require an IQ over 80 to notice it, though...
    I'm sorry but bringing IQ into a discussion like this doesn't make you seem intelligent, more like an elitest d-bag.
    People said SWTOR will improve on those points by altering them, but it just seems like they are the same thing in a shinier coat. And no, I don't care about voice acting.

I love it. Absolutely a brilliant game.

I was very sceptical at first, regarding whether it'd hold up to the hype and expectations. Fortunately I wasn't disappointed when I logged in for the first time, and I'm now at level.. urh.. 9, I believe. Honestly, I've paid more attention to the game and story, than I have the stats and progress in terms of numbers.

Is is a brand new formula of MMO? No, and anyone saying so is in my opinion fooling themselves. What it IS, is refreshing and creative in terms of gameplay. The story element of the game is brilliant, and while the UI can get annoying at times, I'm told that they're making improvements for the next patch due to feedback on it.

All in all, if you're a MMO fan, I'd recommend this game in a heartbeat. I'm hooked for a while yet, that's for sure.

Edit: My spelling sucks..

24 Sith Inquisitor Assassin - I'm enjoying as much or more now as ever. For me the biggest thing in a game is the balance the designers strike between new interesting stuff and the frustration with learning how to efficently do/use this new stuff. Obviously SWTOR's biggest target market is WoW players and you can tell they targeted them--they provide an interface that is very similar to it, so WoW players feel comfortable. But it is different enough to make it new and interesting. They've done a nice job for release, but it is lacking in several areas. I can't wait until they release the Mod/Macro features.

I was in a WoW guild with about 50 active players. It had about 25-30 active 25man raiders, A 10man raid team, and then about 10 other active casual non raiding members. Of these 50, about 25 are giving SWTOR a try. We even created a SWTOR subforum on our WoW guild site. Most are still playing WoW and continue to be on the WoW raid team. A few like me have quit WoW. So that's probably a decent guestimate at how successful SWTOR has been so far. About half of the WoW community is giving it a look.

I've yet to experience end-game or PVP, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm optimistic that this will turn out to be a great MMO from what I've seen so far. But it needs a little time to develop and grow. The bar is set so high right now with WoW that I find it pretty amazing that they made something this good at release. I would not have expected that from anyone other than Blizzard.

SWTOR is one of the best single player RPGs I have ever played, and I even get to play it with my friends! The real question will be the end game, hopefully end game will decent, if its even HALF as good as the leveling experience it will be great.

Deleted
    I am absolutely loving it so far, I really, really, really hope the end-game holds up :3

Deleted
    I think it's gonna hold up fairly decent, as a game it's pretty solid, and EA and bioware are probably too big to fail ( as they say )
    however it's just not an MMO ( not for me anyway ).
    So I just uninstalled the game, I would have given it a shot all the way up to 50, but apparently the 30 days of free playtime won't kick in
    untill you actually buy another 30 days of gametime, which I have no intention to.

Personally for it the game has failed, like I see alot of people saying here, it's fun at start, but the enjoyment factor isn't going up. everything seems half assed

however that's just my opinion, some people might think it's a frigging blast.

if I were to have a prediction I would say that this game is gonna have an increase in subs, and probably decline to about a million or so and stay there

Deleted
    Well, I'm around lvl 25 on my sith warrior, the game was great and fun, but slowly the enjoyment diminishes. Still I have great fun, but after an hour or two I simply feel like logging out and doing something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashbone View Post
    I think it's gonna hold up fairly decent, as a game it's pretty solid, and EA and bioware are probably too big to fail ( as they say )
    however it's just not an MMO ( not for me anyway ).
    So I just uninstalled the game, I would have given it a shot all the way up to 50, but apparently the 30 days of free playtime won't kick in
    untill you actually buy another 30 days of gametime, which I have no intention to.

Personally for it the game has failed, like I see alot of people saying here, it's fun at start, but the enjoyment factor isn't going up. everything seems half assed

however that's just my opinion, some people might think it's a frigging blast.

if I were to have a prediction I would say that this game is gonna have an increase in subs, and probably decline to about a million or so and stay there
    You are far from the only one thinking that, believe me.

Way way way too much 'story' the voiced quests are really getting annoying now, i can only imagine what it will be like in a raid while someone is afk and you have to wait for that person to pass on their chance to say what they were going to say. Jeez i know its a Bioware game but this is a bit much. In my OPINION it is WOW with flashier graphics, a new setting and voiced quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    Way way way too much 'story' the voiced quests are really getting annoying now, i can only imagine what it will be like in a raid while someone is afk and you have to wait for that person to pass on their chance to say what they were going to say. Jeez i know its a Bioware game but this is a bit much. In my OPINION it is WOW with flashier graphics, a new setting and voiced quests.
    I'll play my mass effect 3 when it comes to RPG's, I'd rather not do it in a sub-par mmo fashion, the voice acting gets very old if you've heard it before.

Quote Originally Posted by mob1lejunkie View Post
    - 30% Traveling
    - 30% Fighting mobs to get somewhere (grinding)
    - 30% Doing quests that lead nowhere or are unrelated to the main story. (My lord we need you to go and kill these people to collect these things then use these things on those things)
    - 10% Storyline quests and cutscenes. (This is the part most like everything in KOTOR).

I will be cancelling my subscription the minute I hit 50.
    Exactly what WoW is

Once I hit 50 on my juggernaut im gonna cancel my sub..... to WoW, its an awesome game what more can be said? Its been the full 7 years for me with nothing new being added to WoW for the foreseeable future so its about time to move on.

Deleted
    @ OP. The game holds up nicely...if you enjoy spending alot of time running :P
    It seems VERY unpolished to me especially the combat is clunky/unresponsive imo.
    But thats just my opinion. <--- Important to note that here or you will get flamed big time by people and their "my game is the best nerdcreams" hehe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floppi14 View Post
    @ OP. The game holds up nicely...if you enjoy spending alot of time running :P
    It seems VERY unpolished to me especially the combat is clunky/unresponsive imo.
    But thats just my opinion. <--- Important to note that here or you will get flamed big time by people and their "my game is the best nerdcreams" hehe.
    I thought the combat felt clunky too when I played, they say it's because of an ability queue system but even with that off (dunno why they'd ever add that in a modern mmo anyway) it still felt wonky, stuff just felt so stiff and artificial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4p2WiLznFeA

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzkYk...eature=related

These videos also shows what I mean, just the whole stiffness of it, so "bland".
    Last edited by mmoc16bbf64055; 2011-12-23 at 02:50 AM.

I know I bought a good game When I focused so much more on the story than what level I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    I know I bought a good game When I focused so much more on the story than what level I was.
    I know what you mean and this is the most simplest straight to truth comment I have read. WoW felt like a job to me I thought more about what level I am instead of what or why am I doing this. Force and Dark Side points is what makes you think twice and you think about the decision ou made while not playing. I have caught myself thinking about maybe i should of been a bad ass and gone dark side with this quest or vice versa. Your character changes if you start going too deep into the dark side how freaking cool is that!! WoW did not do that. The story in SWTOR is awesome.

Deleted
    I was a little disappointed at first. The game didn't look spectacular, running and jumping animations looked stiff, UI was clunky and lacked features. After about half hour I got used to it and it started to become interesting. As I levelled some, combat felt great and I started killing mobs just for fun. When I left Hutta I already liked the game a lot. When I saw the Imperial Fleet and Kaas for the first time I loved it. When I did my first flashpoint I was blown away.

Sure, the usual LFD "gogogog'ers" probably won't like it much, but RPG/Bioware nerds will love it. At least until 50.

If you're a real KOTR fan you'll be disappointed.

This is KOTR. Not what the abomination of SWTOR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    SWTOR is one of the best single player RPGs I have ever played, and I even get to play it with my friends! The real question will be the end game, hopefully end game will decent, if its even HALF as good as the leveling experience it will be great.
    This basically sums up my view.

The levelling blows all other MMO's out of the water. Finally someone made an MMORPG that actually gives more than a token nod to the RPG part of the genre. I actually care about my character, the decisions she makes, how other characters interact with her and I feel like my character actually has an effect on the world she's in. I can't say the same for Rift, WoW, Aion or Warhammer. It's also far less grindy than other MMO's but the levelling isn't a faceroll speed run to max level either. The proper storylines and cut scenes manage to keep what would otherwise but chores fairly interesting.

No one can comment on end game yet and clearly Bioware played to their strengths with this game but if the end game is good enough I have no reason to go back to WoW.